The iBasso Dongle DAC Thread – DC03 Pro | DC04 Pro | DC06 Pro | DC Elite | ...
Mar 17, 2024 at 7:30 AM Post #931 of 1,039
Will try it with powerbank too and will share my impressions! Im very interested in what i will hear.

If you want to test the DC-Elite to the fullest of its capabilities, try supplying it with all the current it deems necessary with a step-down switching power supply. It exists with two brands PulWtop and Minisopuru and will measure absorption peaks greater than one watt that no computer or phone port can provide to the DC-Elite. It will take yet another step towards dap TOTL performance.

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/PULWTOP-...id=1710674342&sprefix=PulWtop+,aps,137&sr=8-5

or

https://it.aliexpress.com/item/1005...t_main.66.21ef3696MgMVYF&gatewayAdapt=glo2ita

elitemiroak.jpg

Mar 20, 2024 at 8:07 AM Post #933 of 1,039
Today my ibasso dc06pro started giving some kind of electrical discharges, luckily I managed to quickly remove the headphones from my ears but my ears still ring.
The sound was also completely distorted and in a pit.
It happened on both ports.
Be careful.

Mar 21, 2024 at 1:39 PM Post #937 of 1,039
Today my ibasso dc06pro started giving some kind of electrical discharges, luckily I managed to quickly remove the headphones from my ears but my ears still ring.
Be careful.
Was it the dongle or the source? Have you tried it again, with the headphones not on your head? I would also clean the ports.

Mar 22, 2024 at 5:34 AM Post #940 of 1,039
That sounds scary. :scream: I hope you ears will recover.
Yesterday I still felt a lot of discomfort in my ears, with a buzzing sound and that feeling that you sometimes get in your ears when you travel by plane.
Today I seem to be a little better but I'm still reluctant to put iems in my ears.
I also want to see if what happened damaged the iems I was using at the time.
Was it the dongle or the source? Have you tried it again, with the headphones not on your head? I would also clean the ports.
It was the dongle, I tried again without using headphones and the same thing happened, I used a different source and the same thing happened.. I used another dongle on the same source and nothing happened.
Right now the dongle is on its way to the store so they can check what happened.

Mar 22, 2024 at 9:21 AM Post #942 of 1,039
Be careful.
This sounds very similar to the issue I had with mine

Mar 23, 2024 at 6:35 AM Post #943 of 1,039
Mar 23, 2024 at 11:02 AM Post #945 of 1,039
IMG_1566.jpeg

So I wanted to add more hours on the Elite but didn’t want to listen too headphones.
Then it hit me.
Unplugged the TT2 and use the Elite from streamer and use a IFI 4.4mm to XLR cable into power amplifier.

You know what doesn’t sound half bad as a dac/pre amp.
👍👍😁😁

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back