The iBasso Dongle DAC Thread – DC03 Pro | DC04 Pro | DC06 Pro | DC Elite | ...
Mar 14, 2024 at 2:49 PM Post #916 of 1,039
Apologies if asked already, is there a way to control gain/digital filters via Macbook? Specifically for DC03 Pro, and I guess DC06 Pro, DC Elite
You can install the UAC on an Android device, like a phone or dap. I have it on the DX260. Out of the three, the DC-Elite will save the settings and you can then use it with those settlings on anything else, like an iPhone etc. but the DC03Pro and the DC06, don't save and I assume, have no way of saving the settings.

Mar 14, 2024 at 3:39 PM Post #917 of 1,039
Hyping the Elite again as it seems to produce some special sauce with the Twilight.
I love this combo so much that i sometimes find myself reaching for it over the AK stack more frequently. It doesnt have as much air, separation, staging, control and distance but this amazing coherency of sound makes everything i listen to absolutely addictive. There is some specific kind of "romanticism" that i just cant get enough of. Like a thin blanked of warmth covering everything but still all the technical chops are there. The vocals are beautifully blending with the rest of instruments but they are still separate enough to make this WOW factor when it comes to the separation and layering.
And the staging width and depth are just purely amazing.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2024 at 2:44 AM Post #918 of 1,039
You can install the UAC on an Android device, like a phone or dap. I have it on the DX260. Out of the three, the DC-Elite will save the settings and you can then use it with those settlings on anything else, like an iPhone etc. but the DC03Pro and the DC06, don't save and I assume, have no way of saving the settings.
thanks for this, I hope a future firmware will allow the other units to save settings

Mar 17, 2024 at 12:06 AM Post #919 of 1,039
I did some comparisons of the Elite vs sp1000 (without amp) to make it more fair.
This comparison reminds me of what ive done in the past comparing the dx312 vs sp1000M.
Still the Elite sounds bit less open, with less contrast between low and high end. It just isnt as clean and spacious.
The sp1000 sounds bit fuller on the low end, bit more analogue and warm, with better layering and more texturing.
The mids also differ. The sp1000 sounds bit smoother, yet cleaner and more open, where the Elite is more dense but blends with the rest of instruments in the background (which isnt a con, just different).
The dynamics are very very similar but due to the more contrasty and cleaner sound of the sp1000, the AK seems more punchy and lively.
The trebles is where the things become very interesting.
The sp1000 has more pronounced and cleaner trebles but they are more realistic and separated from the rest of the frequency.
The Elite has warmer trebles, which blend with mids more but they arent as separated and lively.
The stage is wider on the sp1000 but the Elite still has an incredible soundstage width and depth.
The sp1000 sounds like youre listening to the music live but you sit in a producer's console at the same time, hard to describe.
The Elite generates a more general view of the recording, where everything blends together more but in a very pleasant and musical way.
So overall, the sp1000 is still more insightful, natural, insanely detailed and more emotional, like there is no veil on the sound at all.
The Elite is close, with fantastic dynamics, musicality, staging and holography but adds a bit of a veil which can be seen as a plus.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2024 at 12:09 AM Post #920 of 1,039
I did some comparisons of the Elite vs sp1000 (without amp) to make it more fair.
This comparison reminds me of what ive done in the past comparing the dx312 vs sp1000M.
Still the Elite sounds bit less open, with less contrast between low and high end. It just isnt as clean and spacious.
The sp1000 sounds bit fuller on the low end, bit more analogue and warm, with better layering and more textures.
The mids also differ. The sp1000 sounds bit smoother, yet cleaner and more open, where the Elite is more dense but blends with the rest of instruments in the background (which isnt a con, just different).
The dynamics are very very similar but due to the more contrasty and cleaner sound of the sp1000, the AK seems more punchy and lively.
The trebles is where the things become very interesting.
The sp1000 has more pronounced and cleaner trebles but they are more realistic and separated from the rest of the frequency.
The Elite has warmer trebles, which blend with mids more but they arent as separated and lively.
The stage is wider on the sp1000 but the Elite still has an incredible soundstage width and depth.
The sp1000 sounds like youre listening to the music live but you sit in a producer's console at the same time, hard to describe.
The Elite generates a more general view of the recording, where evrything blends together more but in a very pleasant and musical way.
So overall, the sp1000 is still more insightful, natural, insanely detailed and more emotional, like there is no veil on the sound at all.
The Elite is close, with fantastic dynamics, musicality, staging and holography but adds a bit of a veil which can be seen as a plus.
What type of powerbank did you use with the Elite?

Mar 17, 2024 at 12:16 AM Post #922 of 1,039
I didnt use powerbank, just connected the Elite to my pc and compared using the same recordings.
For a really good comparison, cleaner highs and separation, I use a power bank. The DC is really clean and delivered as needed and the signal and current are separated.

Mar 17, 2024 at 12:21 AM Post #925 of 1,039
But the fact that im willing to compare both speak volumes for the Elite. This dongle is really insane, i actually dont feel like im listening to a dongle, eather a mid/higher end dap.
I am not criticizing. I am adding what I found. I use the Elite straight out of my phone a lot and enjoy it. But sometimes for an extra boost, I use a small powerbank for a cleaner power delivery. With the computer, I use the powerbank or just straight out. It's all good.

Mar 17, 2024 at 12:29 AM Post #926 of 1,039
I am not criticizing. I am adding what I found. I use the Elite straight out of my phone a lot and enjoy it. But sometimes for an extra boost, I use a small powerbank for a cleaner power delivery. With the computer, I use the powerbank or just straight out. It's all good.
Will definitely try with powerbank as im very curious about the results. I will probably order this IBasso cable which separates the power and the signal to get maximum performance from the Elite. But still im in awe how this little "Zippo" sounds, even from my smartphone.
All these comparisons against the sp1000 are just done out of curiosity, not to put down the Elite as it doesnt really lose, it just sounds bit different.

Mar 17, 2024 at 12:33 AM Post #927 of 1,039
Will definitely try with powerbank as im very curious about the results. I will probably order this IBasso cable which separates the power and the signal to get maximum performance from the Elite. But still im in awe how this little "Zippo" sounds, even from my smartphone.
All these comparisons against the sp1000 are just done out of curiosity, not to put down the Elite as it doesnt really lose, it just sounds bit different.
Of course. It is fun to find something this size with the performance it has. I haven't ever found like it before but that seems to be widely accepted. To have single ended and balanced and then to have the selection I have on my phone, it really is a lot of fun for me. I look forward to what you hear or don't hear.

Mar 17, 2024 at 1:37 AM Post #928 of 1,039
And the layering of sounds..
This is the area where the Elite doesnt really stand a chance. Actually even the AK SE300 wasnt as impressive as the sp1000/2000.
The vocals play on a completely different layer than other sounds in the background. Like every single sound source plays in a separate bubble.

Edit: the Elite has fantastic layering, maybe not as prominent but still on the level i remember from the dx320 with amp12EXN.
So still on a very very high level.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2024 at 4:43 AM Post #929 of 1,039
I’ve been using my DC06 pro almost daily for just under a month, sadly it has developed some kind of fault. This morning whilst connected to my iPhone using the supplied lightning to usb c cable the music suddenly cut out the led started flashing red, green and purple. I disconnected and reconnected a few times and each time the led would flash randomly through the various colours. If I tried to connect my IEMs i would either get a harsh electrical type sound, max volume out of the left IEM or no sound at all.

I think something has gone badly wrong with the dongle, I have contacted the seller and will send it back. It’s a shame because I was enjoying it but I won’t be getting another one as I’d be too worried it was going to develop another fault.

Mar 17, 2024 at 6:26 AM Post #930 of 1,039
I’ve been using my DC06 pro almost daily for just under a month, sadly it has developed some kind of fault. This morning whilst connected to my iPhone using the supplied lightning to usb c cable the music suddenly cut out the led started flashing red, green and purple. I disconnected and reconnected a few times and each time the led would flash randomly through the various colours. If I tried to connect my IEMs i would either get a harsh electrical type sound, max volume out of the left IEM or no sound at all.

I think something has gone badly wrong with the dongle, I have contacted the seller and will send it back. It’s a shame because I was enjoying it but I won’t be getting another one as I’d be too worried it was going to develop another fault.

I would first try another usb-c cable, could be a cable problem, not a dongle. And if you don't have another usb-c to lightning otg cable, test the dongle with your laptop, pc, etc. with a regular usb-c to usb-c or usb-A cable to confirm if this is your dongle or a cable issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back