The iBasso Dongle DAC Thread – DC03 Pro | DC04 Pro | DC06 Pro | DC Elite | ...
Mar 10, 2024 at 3:22 AM Post #888 of 1,130
I mean..it’s nothing special, you can get an adapter on Ali for $3 lol.

IMG_1595.png

Mar 10, 2024 at 3:52 AM Post #889 of 1,130
I mean..it’s nothing special, you can get an adapter on Ali for $3 lol.

Whereas you need to be careful
I once ordered an adapter looking exactly like this and it turned out it had an inbuilt DAC inside of the cable 😉

Mar 10, 2024 at 5:04 AM Post #890 of 1,130
...and now running with the CB19 and a 20k powerbank

Elitecombo.jpg
@Polky74, any sonic difference between this setup and say your minisopuru where the dongle is getting separate power as well?

Mar 10, 2024 at 6:38 AM Post #891 of 1,130
@Polky74, any sonic difference between this setup and say your minisopuru where the dongle is getting separate power as well?
They are two different and complementary solutions... the PulWtop/Minisopuru certainly offers much more power and greater speed to the dongle and I use it above all when I am at the computer and when I use external amplification (Cayin iHA-6) because having more power the dongle certainly offers more volts output. When a dongle is just enough to drive more difficult IEMs/headphones, the PulWtop/Minisopuru is certainly preferable. But when I'm in bed and I don't have a power socket, the CB19/Aceele solution with power bank is a perfect solution for enjoying hours of music without too many smartphone discharge problems and obviously even in that case the dongle expresses itself at the limits of its possibility by absorbing clean current necessary for its need. Obviously these two differences are also reflected in the sound, where the PulWtop/Minisopuru solution is more oriented towards providing the dongle with more current and much faster than normal and therefore the dongle works at its maximum potential even managing to exceed its normal performance both in terms of amplification power and general quality. On the other hand, the CB19/Aceele solution provides the dongle with a very clean current, but in a slower and less powerful way and this translates into a crystal clear sound at the maximum potential of the dongle but does not allow it to overcome its limits as it does the PulWtop/Minisopuru which brings it much closer to DAC performance in desktop implementations. In short, on the one hand you have more cleanliness (CB19/Aceele) on the other you have power, authority, performance (PulWtop/Minisopuru).

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2024 at 7:09 AM Post #892 of 1,130
In a few days I will receive the Astell & Kern AK HC4 and I am very curious to listen to it and to hear how the best dongle released by A&K will compare to the best dongle from iBasso. From the photos it seems that it is also a nice little brick compared to the other dongles... of course the price is practically half, but now it's time that I understood that in this hobby the price sometimes doesn't say everything... on the contrary. The RA2BFE and the PULA PA02 were just the latest reconfirmations that very often, more than the price, what makes the difference is the courage to go against the grain and the study and passion behind an implementation. We'll see if the HC4 will undermine the throne of the Elite in some way.

Mar 10, 2024 at 7:30 AM Post #893 of 1,130
I received a CB19 cable that I ordered from AliExpress yesterday. Sadly, it is not working for me with any of my gear. No audio signal seems to comes through no matter what source device I use.

I’m not sure if this is a knock off or fake cable - it was only $14 USD or somewhere in that range - but for me it is no bueno.

Buyer beware I guess 🤷🏼

Mar 10, 2024 at 7:33 AM Post #894 of 1,130
I received a CB19 cable that I ordered from AliExpress yesterday. Sadly, it is not working for me with any of my gear. No audio signal seems to comes through no matter what source device I use.

I’m not sure if this is a knock off or fake cable - it was only $14 USD or somewhere in that range - but for me it is no bueno.

Buyer beware I guess 🤷🏼
Pls show a picture how you connect it
I was struggling too at first

Mar 10, 2024 at 12:53 PM Post #896 of 1,130
In a few days I will receive the Astell & Kern AK HC4 and I am very curious to listen to it and to hear how the best dongle released by A&K will compare to the best dongle from iBasso. From the photos it seems that it is also a nice little brick compared to the other dongles... of course the price is practically half, but now it's time that I understood that in this hobby the price sometimes doesn't say everything... on the contrary. The RA2BFE and the PULA PA02 were just the latest reconfirmations that very often, more than the price, what makes the difference is the courage to go against the grain and the study and passion behind an implementation. We'll see if the HC4 will undermine the throne of the Elite in some way.
Did not for me. I sent the HC4 back. Nowhere near the same authority or depth or attack. I even prefer the RU7 to the HC4 in terms of more organic, analogue-sounding dongles.

Mar 10, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #897 of 1,130
Did not for me. I sent the HC4 back. Nowhere near the same authority or depth or attack. I even prefer the RU7 to the HC4 in terms of more organic, analogue-sounding dongles.
Sorry my bad. I thought you meant the L&P W4. Please ignore these comments.

Mar 10, 2024 at 1:53 PM Post #898 of 1,130
Yesterday, thanks to a friend here on the forum @brjoon1021 who informed me of a malfunction of the CB19 with the DC04PRO, I went to check the functioning of the cable with my dongles and the result is quite surprising. The defect mentioned by @brjoon1021 occurs with the M15, the W4 and the RU7, while with all the other dongles that I own and that are in the signature it works correctly (they have all been tested by me). It's as if you restart the dongles several times and then lose the connection with the streamer and the strange thing is that the M12 and the M15 are practically 90% the same and on one it works while on the other it doesn't. Just as it happens for the RU7 (with which it doesn't work) and the RU6 (with which it works), same thing for the W4 (with which it doesn't work) and the W1 (with which it works). The only difference I found with what was reported to me is that my CB19 works regularly with the DC04PRO while @brjoon1021 doesn't work and always has the same defect (pops and restarts). I ask @Paul - iBasso to investigate the matter and clarify the situation, if he can, and to you to try the CB19 with other dongles to try to understand something more. Thank you.

P.S. It must be said that the Aceele hub (connected to the same powerbank as the test) makes all the dongles work without any distinction. (fortunately)

Mar 10, 2024 at 2:50 PM Post #900 of 1,130
By the way the first thing Paul will do is to tell you to go to their website and down the 1.6.8 bosso UAC. Doesn't help
The strangest thing is that similar dongles RU6-RU7, W1-W4, M12-M15 have different behavior (the former work, the latter don't) with the same cable and I don't think it's a question of current also because if that had been the problem the first one to not work would have been the ifi GO bar, which instead works without batting an eyelid. There must be something at the USB port level in the various dongles... for me it's the only plausible explanation. This (maybe) would explain why it works with my DC04PRO and not with yours... they are probably from different batches and with different USB controllers. (obviously these are just guesses)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back