The "I think Headphone X is better than Headphone Y" list thread (part one).
Dec 20, 2007 at 9:45 AM Post #16 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
pls delete

No dude! You had it right! You said the K1000 is better than the L3000 and thus the best! Is this not what you believe?

Otherwise, do you agree that the L3000 are the best?

Dec 20, 2007 at 9:46 AM Post #17 of 61
Ok, now we're getting somewhere! Subtracting all of the *** (just impossible, cannot possibly be true given what the previous guy said in his post) *** here's the sequence so far:

HE90
R10
taket h2
GS1000
R10
L3000
K1000 (or so I thought but blackmore seems to have retracted his claim)

Dec 20, 2007 at 9:51 AM Post #18 of 61
Why I asked you to delete is because I thought I didn't right, while I said that K1000 better than GS1000 and that's what was already used, isn't.

If my confusion isn't right, pls tell. Otherwise K1000 the best ever, even never heard of L3000
very_evil_smiley.gif

Cheers dude
cool.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No dude! You had it right! You said the K1000 is better than the L3000 and thus the best! Is this not what you believe?

Otherwise, do you agree that the L3000 are the best?

Dec 20, 2007 at 10:24 AM Post #19 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why I asked you to delete is because I thought I didn't right, while I said that K1000 better than GS1000 and that's what was already used, isn't.

If my confusion isn't right, pls tell. Otherwise K1000 the best ever, even never heard of L3000
very_evil_smiley.gif

Cheers dude
cool.gif

No, your answer was fine! Anything that you think is the best is in fact the best, unless what you say directly refutes what the person right before you said. See, you can't tell someone that they're wrong by believing what they believe. You can believe something different and that they should learn by because it shows them something that they obviously haven't considered before! (Of course I'm just kidding here.)

Think of this exercise as though each pair of headphones represents a sports team. Take American football as an example. The Cowboys beat the Bears, so they must be the best. But the Dolphins beat the Cowboys so they must be the best. But the Packers beat the Dolphins so they must be the best. Until the Bears beat the Packers, making them the best (even though the Cowboys were once better, the Bears are now the best).

Same goes for headphones if you listen to what everyone else has to say instead of doing your own listening and drawing your own conclusions. This problem is accelerated greatly if you take their impressions out of context. For example, you need to understand their level of experience (or lack thereof) with various products, the associated equipment they've used, their sonic preferences, the kind of music they listen to, etc.

In other words, this isn't anything that hasn't been said before. I'm just saying it somewhat differently here. We're always going on about how you can't tell someone that they're wrong with their opinion (which I agree with because it is their opinion, and we ought not fuss and fight with each other), but some opinions are better backed by well expressed arguments (or at least by providing the reader with a proper context of where that opinion came from and how it was derived).

But carry on. It will be fun to see how long it takes for the KSC-75 to rise to the top (with honest opinions based on real beliefs, however derived). It will also be interesting to see (rightfully or not) how often what most of us generally consider to be the "cream of the crop" rise back to the top, thus making it that much harder for the fringe contenders to get air time!

As I mentioned in my initial post, this thread is intended to be a bit of a parody of the state of nature of Head-Fi since we're dealing with the law of large numbers. Thus, I suspect that if we let this thread run for long enough and people settled down with it an had a solid understanding of the basic rules (i.e., not to directly refute the person in front of you in line, thus keeping our "courtesy" hats on at all times to avoid arguments), we would see the "usual suspects" periodically rising back to the top (HE90, R10, K1000, Omega II, Edition 9, etc).

As these kinds of well intended and perfectly honest beliefs are stated over and over, it becomes rather difficult for the casual observer to see much else on the horizon. It takes a bold and adventurous headphone enthusiasm (such as Duggah with his taket h2 discovery) to take a leap of faith and test the outer perimeters of what is possible (same goes for markl's recent mods to the Denon D5000 which, in his considered opinion, actually trumped his beloved R10s).

I suspect that you could make much the same case in the middle market types of headphones (HD650, K701, DT990, AD2000, etc.) as well as in any other market segment and at any price level. In other words, there will always be conflicting opinions, but yet the law of large numbers suggests that our members will be steered into the most heavily trodden paths.

I'd encourage anyone who is considering the possibility of trying something that is a little different, a little less explored and therefore a little risky, to do so anyway, and to report what they find back to all of us so that we can broaden our horizons based on what you're learned as a result. Same goes for amps, cables, sources, and the music itself.

"Best" is quite a nebulous thing, and I haven't even mentioned the word budget yet!

So where were we? Oh ya! K1000s are the best, per blackmore. Anything better out there that we should all be listening to?

Dec 20, 2007 at 4:11 PM Post #27 of 61
Is it possible to know how to write but not how to read? Seems it is.

Dec 20, 2007 at 4:20 PM Post #28 of 61
May some news (and parallel branches) can be opened in this discussion? They could be about mods, rigs, or cables, for example...

I would start one about iems:

I'm pretty sure that the best IEMs made by mankind are the UE10, because posts of people having them always glow some kind of big smile inside....

Dec 20, 2007 at 4:46 PM Post #29 of 61
Well, countach hinted at it, and I will confirm it: the UE-10 is the best headphone, which by definition makes it better than the current leader, the DT880.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back