The Hi-Fi + Hi-Res Audiophiles' Bluetooth Headphone Adapter Thread - [17.Oct.21] iFi GO Blu impression added
Oct 9, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #721 of 1,323
Agreed. IEMatch has its use when it comes to IEM usage in general, hence I own both the 2.5mm as well as the 3.5mm version of it. Personally the best part of it is that it lower the sensitivity / loudness without changing the FR curve much.

I wouldn't say it any better, thank you :beerchug:

Some amps have R/L channel imbalance at low knob setting so getting into higher knob setting helps to alleviate that imbalance.

Yes, regular analogue volume pots might have slight imbalance early on.

Last edited:
iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Oct 10, 2020 at 12:42 AM Post #722 of 1,323
The 3.5 mm is/was handy as a SE adapter too, for idiots like me who went all in on 3.5mm balanced cables only to see it disappear (and then years later reappear except different... though don't think I've seen a 3.5pro device yet).

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #724 of 1,323
Hi
I need your advice :)
I would be buying a new BT toy .. I have a choice of BTR3K and ES 100MK2. The price is almost the same. Which is better, the pros / cons of each one based on your experience . It would be used with Marshall Major III corded headphones.

Oct 12, 2020 at 9:59 PM Post #725 of 1,323
Hi
I need your advice :)
I would be buying a new BT toy .. I have a choice of BTR3K and ES 100MK2. The price is almost the same. Which is better, the pros / cons of each one based on your experience . It would be used with Marshall Major III corded headphones.

Read the 2nd post.

Oct 13, 2020 at 6:09 AM Post #727 of 1,323
@ClieOS I read it a thousand times :) already. For me they both look almost the same ...that's why I ask users abot their experiece.
I've read the post some time ago. If i remember correctly Clieos pointed out that between the Btr3k and ES100 its the app for the latter which really makes a difference as well as EQ working over LDAC. Personnaly i bought the Fiio BTR3k a few weeks ago. I can only tell great things about the device (don't care for EQ) and i find the app good enough. Heck i even prefer the BTR3k over my Q5s - especially from the convenience point of view. The SQ is great and power is more than sufficient with my earbuds and headphones (low impedance only - such as Grado SR 325e, ATH M50). Excellent convenient device and very competent SQwise in a nutshell.

Oct 13, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #728 of 1,323
(...)The SQ is great and power is more than sufficient with my earbuds and headphones (low impedance only - such as Grado SR 325e, ATH M50). Excellent convenient device and very competent SQwise in a nutshell.
Thanks a lot :) I really don't care about EQ - cause I hardly ever use EQ, prefer pure music :). And thanks for sharing Headphones types you testes BTR3K with. They have similar impedance to my Marshalls so there should be no problems with driving them.

Oct 13, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #729 of 1,323
Thanks a lot :) I really don't care about EQ - cause I hardly ever use EQ, prefer pure music :). And thanks for sharing Headphones types you testes BTR3K with. They have similar impedance to my Marshalls so there should be no problems with driving them.
Have you considered the Quidelex 5k? I think it's still on sale at Amazon right now. I have it and the ES100, I prefer the 5k.

Oct 15, 2020 at 3:01 AM Post #730 of 1,323
Have you considered the Quidelex 5k? I think it's still on sale at Amazon right now. I have it and the ES100, I prefer the 5k.
Wasn't meant for me, but I'm in the same boat. :)

Yes, I thought about that option as well. The 5K looks very impressive.
Does it have a built-in mic for phone calls and video chats and similar? And does it sound nice?
It is supposed to be used with the clip right? In a pocket the buttons would get clicked all day long by accident I guess.

EDIT:
It's basically the 5K (110€ + maybe shipping), the BTR5 (130€) or the ES100 (100€)
Or a TWS adapter like the TRN BT20S Pro or the Shure RMCE-TW1. Since it seems like most TWS adapters are not quite where I want it to be, I'm also looking for a BT adapter here.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2020 at 4:03 AM Post #731 of 1,323
Wasn't meant for me, but I'm in the same boat. :)

Yes, I thought about that option as well. The 5K looks very impressive.
Does it have a built-in mic for phone calls and video chats and similar? And does it sound nice?
It is supposed to be used with the clip right? In a pocket the buttons would get clicked all day long by accident I guess.

EDIT:
It's basically the 5K (110€ + maybe shipping), the BTR5 (130€) or the ES100 (100€)
Or a TWS adapter like the TRN BT20S Pro or the Shure RMCE-TW1. Since it seems like most TWS adapters are not quite where I want it to be, I'm also looking for a BT adapter here.
The 5K is a beast, with power output and SQ to rival mid-range full DAPs. You can lock the buttons to avoid accidental presses. It is much better than TWS adapters for now, although those are starting to get much better with the addition of dedicated amp sections. You don’t have to use the clip, it’s in my pocket all the time. But its clip is better than the ES100’s. As is its SQ. It has a mic too.
Haven’t heard the BTR5, everyone seems to like it, but the 5K’s app is something else with advanced EQ and a ton of controls.

Oct 15, 2020 at 4:48 AM Post #732 of 1,323
So far I'm satisfied using LDAC's 660-990 kbps with equalizer on 5K. Qudelix is "technical partner" with SONY LDAC team although I dunno what it entails. Can you develop next iterations of LDAC , like LDAC Super HD?😄

Oct 15, 2020 at 6:40 AM Post #733 of 1,323
So far I'm satisfied using LDAC's 660-990 kbps with equalizer on 5K. Qudelix is "technical partner" with SONY LDAC team although I dunno what it entails. Can you develop next iterations of LDAC , like LDAC Super HD?😄

I can't say in 100% certainty, but I have reason to believe Qudelix might have help to develop the LDAC's SDK kit for Qualcomm QCC5xxx series, meaning they help to port LDAC into QCC5xxx firmware.

The current BT codec is limited by the BT5.0 bandwidth. Until we have BT5.2 (which should in theory double the current bandwidth), there is no realistic way to improve BT codec.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2020 at 7:42 AM Post #734 of 1,323
The 5K is a beast, with power output and SQ to rival mid-range full DAPs. You can lock the buttons to avoid accidental presses. It is much better than TWS adapters for now, although those are starting to get much better with the addition of dedicated amp sections. You don’t have to use the clip, it’s in my pocket all the time. But its clip is better than the ES100’s. As is its SQ. It has a mic too.
Haven’t heard the BTR5, everyone seems to like it, but the 5K’s app is something else with advanced EQ and a ton of controls.
Ye, the TWS out there right now aren't convincing. The upcoming FiiO UTWS3 may be worth the wait though.

EDIT: If I decide to go with a BT adapter, instead of TWS, the Qudelix 5K it is?

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2020 at 9:47 AM Post #735 of 1,323
When BT5.2 drops, could they not just transmit lossless point-to-point like wifidirect ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back