The Hi-Fi + Hi-Res Audiophiles' Bluetooth Headphone Adapter Thread - [17.Oct.21] iFi GO Blu impression added
Oct 24, 2019 at 3:17 AM Post #196 of 1,312
Haha, yeah, that's probably why I couldn't find it anywhere, not even in the English part of fiio's forum.
If you could please keep an eye on it and update us when they post an update, as I wouldn't know where to look..hehe..
Thanks, my btr5 is in customs atm, looking forward to giving it a spin soon....

What how did you get one? I checked and it's not available anymore?

Oct 24, 2019 at 3:51 AM Post #198 of 1,312
Perfect - kind of excess mWatts headroom I like for planar IEMs and cans for those very short spikes in watts requirements...luckily current generation planars needing way less watts than previous gens...looking gooood....

Anyway, wish they would all roll out small lossless devices this size soon instead of all this recoding of the original redbook FLAC etc...same way you can kick out your lossless to Allo USBridge etc.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2019 at 7:08 AM Post #199 of 1,312
ok, so I just unboxed this little puppy.

First impressions are that it does not seem to work as well as my earstudio es100
I tried the fiio control app and fiio music player and updated to firmware version 1.0.1
However the whichever equaliser setting I choose, it has no effect on the sound in ldac mode or usb mode.
Same when I set it in the menu on the device itself, any changes don't effect sound at all, looks like something is not working properly with the equaliser...
anybody else confirm this?

Oct 24, 2019 at 7:13 AM Post #200 of 1,312

First impressions are that it does not seem to work as well as my earstudio es100
I tried the fiio control app and fiio music player and updated to firmware version 1.0.1
However the whichever equaliser setting I choose, it has no effect on the sound in ldac mode or usb mode.
Same when I set it in the menu on the device itself, any changes don't effect sound at all, looks like something is not working properly with the equaliser...
The EQ wont work with LDAC. Not sure about the USB Mode.

Oct 24, 2019 at 7:30 AM Post #202 of 1,312
For USB Mode I'm not sure. For the LDAC, I think it's the design. Even BTR3 EQ cannot set with LDAC. You can search the BTR3 thread about it. Hopefully can be fixed with firmware update.

Oct 24, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #203 of 1,312

As I recalled the EQ feature is not actually implemented yet (same for BTR3). You can find the setting tab in the app, but it is a place holder for now until FiiO complete the implementation on future update.

Oct 24, 2019 at 8:49 AM Post #204 of 1,312
As I recalled the EQ feature is not actually implemented yet (same for BTR3). You can find the setting tab in the app, but it is a place holder for now until FiiO complete the implementation on future update.

I've just played with it a tad more, it works on all codec up to aptx-hd, anything higher and it won't work.
USB won't work, LDAC won't work.
Hope they fix this soon, that's a major flaw at this point in my eyes.

Oct 24, 2019 at 10:25 AM Post #205 of 1,312

Thats the same on all fiio products no eq in ldac. Filters also dont work and it does not connect automaticly

I predictet It. Just wait for qudelix it changed now to the same ess dacs like btr5. And will be a flawless version of the btr5

Oct 24, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #206 of 1,312
I predictet It. Just wait for qudelix it changed now to the same ess dacs like btr5. And will be a flawless version of the btr5

We are at least 2~3 months away from Qudelix 5K, that's assuming everything goes smooth from now. Given how much has changed over the last few weeks on the 5K, I think it is still too early to call it a success.

Oct 26, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #207 of 1,312
I just received the Fostex Tm2, and the adapter works fine. But the the earphones have a wierd industrial new car smell too them. @_@;

The given headphones sound very good in Qualcomm Truly wireless mode. They sound better than the Blon-03 with a bigger soundstage. Similarly ephathized bass, seperate and not muddled male voices that are just as forward as female voices. High that are there but not painful. Their only downside is they can't handle speedy convulated tracks.

I was planning to use the Blon-03, but the given drivers also have a better fit.

EDIT: Haha, just my luck my right ear piece mmcx adapter failed, breaking both the Fostex right driver and the adapter.. Now I need to use a 2pin iem and the 2pin adapters to proceed. So now using the Blon-03 and can't use the original Fostex right driver.

Anyone know if there is an english contact for Fostex?

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #208 of 1,312
UP4 gets a firm release date in China: 11.11.

Oct 28, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #210 of 1,312
So it means that it would be possible to buy it on ali?

Likely Shanling is going to sell it within China first, but it is not to say you won't find 3rd party seller putting it on Aliexpress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back