The Hi-Fi + Hi-Res Audiophiles' Bluetooth Headphone Adapter Thread - [17.Oct.21] iFi GO Blu impression added
May 30, 2020 at 3:21 AM Post #556 of 1,312
Won't be much of a point if it doesn't. Then again, we won't know till it is released and tested.

I have purchased the KZ ZS10 Pro, i just need to decide between the ES100 and the BTR3K. ( or maybe a powered DAC without BT to avoid to spend too much...)

If i want to use one of the two directly connected to the USB port of the phone, what is the maximum quality as DAC? ( 48 kHz/16 bit for both, right? )

What is the power output of the ES100 with 32 Ohm? ( ZS10 are 30 Ohm, but just to compare with the BTR3K)

Thank you!

May 30, 2020 at 4:11 AM Post #557 of 1,312
I have purchased the KZ ZS10 Pro, i just need to decide between the ES100 and the BTR3K. ( or maybe a powered DAC without BT to avoid to spend too much...)

If i want to use one of the two directly connected to the USB port of the phone, what is the maximum quality as DAC? ( 48 kHz/16 bit for both, right? )

What is the power output of the ES100 with 32 Ohm? ( ZS10 are 30 Ohm, but just to compare with the BTR3K)

Thank you!

Yes, both are 16/48 max for USB DAC.

Redsone never release any official number regarding it's output power, but from the chips it used we know it won't likely going to be higher than BTR3K under the same condition. Both should however be more than enough for a 30 ohm load.

May 30, 2020 at 4:24 AM Post #558 of 1,312
Yes, both are 16/48 max for USB DAC.

Redsone never release any official number regarding it's output power, but from the chips it used we know it won't likely going to be higher than BTR3K under the same condition. Both should however be more than enough for a 30 ohm load.

I'm asking myself, if maybe it's better to go for a simple DAC/AMP not powered adaptor, but they are hard to find, especially on Amazon.

And i know really really poor things about them...

I would like to have a better quality than 16 bit / 48 Khz...

May 30, 2020 at 6:51 AM Post #559 of 1,312
Jun 2, 2020 at 7:45 PM Post #561 of 1,312
Hey @ClieOS, I just found out about my favorite thread (the earbuds roundup thread) :sob: Many people think of that thread as their home base on head-fi, so hopefully it can be re-opened again someday :pray:

But back on track, I am loving the BTR3K. Perfect size. Buttons that I can actually use. Excellent sound. Excellent battery life. Thanks again for recommending it!

Edit: I also really like the clip case. You can put the BTR3K in it any way you like depending on if you like your cable up or down, and which side you want your buttons on. Clever!

I also got that shirt clip thingy that you suggested somewhere, and it comes in quite handy for a lot of things as well.

Cheers

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2020 at 9:31 PM Post #563 of 1,312
Hey @ClieOS, I just found out about my favorite thread (the earbuds roundup thread) :sob: Many people think of that thread as their home base on head-fi, so hopefully it can be re-opened again someday :pray:

What is the story?

Hi, I've also been thinking about getting the shirt clip that ClieOS recommended. Are you satisfied with the strength of the magnetic hold?
Thanks

I'm interested in the shirt clip. Where can I see details?

Jun 3, 2020 at 12:19 AM Post #564 of 1,312
Jun 3, 2020 at 3:25 AM Post #565 of 1,312
Do any of these (es100, lotoo p1, qudilex, btr5k) have a dedicated chip for handling EQ... Like the full fledged Lotoo dap?

Jun 3, 2020 at 4:48 AM Post #567 of 1,312
Do any of these (es100, lotoo p1, qudilex, btr5k) have a dedicated chip for handling EQ... Like the full fledged Lotoo dap?

EQ these days is a software intensive process - if you consider that the most powerful Bluetooth chip in the market (Qualcomm QCC5121) only offers dual cores 120MHz of processing power (where it needs to share to other BT function) while a mainstream Qualcomm SnapDragon 855 has 8 cores design (one 2.8Ghz + three 2.4GHz + four 1.8GHz), then it should be clear that any DSP chip you can reasonably use on a small BT device can never beat the raw processing power that a smartphone can provide to its app.

Jun 3, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #568 of 1,312
I just wanted to let you know my impressions of the Hiby w3, as I got problems with the bluetooth reception. In case I stand next to my mobile but the receiver does not face it directy it got lots of dropouts. This very annoying when doing sports and I don't see the point why I should go wireless then. I told Hiby about the problem and just got the following answer: "Thanks a lot for your feedback. We will provide your positive feedback to improve our products in the future." At a second try I got almost the same response. This does not sound like I got a faulty device - and even if this was the case, costumer service is really bad.

Jun 3, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #569 of 1,312
I just wanted to let you know my impressions of the Hiby w3, as I got problems with the bluetooth reception. In case I stand next to my mobile but the receiver does not face it directy it got lots of dropouts. This very annoying when doing sports and I don't see the point why I should go wireless then. I told Hiby about the problem and just got the following answer: "Thanks a lot for your feedback. We will provide your positive feedback to improve our products in the future." At a second try I got almost the same response. This does not sound like I got a faulty device - and even if this was the case, costumer service is really bad.

What smartphone and BT codec are you using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back