The heavens opened and I heard the stars sing (β22 tales)
Apr 8, 2009 at 7:06 AM Post #166 of 186
Update.

I mentioned earlier in this thread that I was paranoid that I'd been getting hearing damage.
Nowadays, I feel refreshed and in top shape.
Since then, I've taken a break from headphone listening since selling my Beta 22 (about 6 months) before coming back to it again this new year.

I bought the AD2000, one headphone I'd always been curious about, as well as the Beyer DT531's (the groovalisers).
I must say that the groovalisers really helped me get back in the groove of things by allowing me to 'forget' about the music and just enjoy it.
I think it easy to get caught up in analyzing the music.
There are many factors that lead me to feel as though my hearing was going.
One would very well be the drugs I did at the music festivals I attended.
Another could very well be temporary hearing loss that would last a day or two.
All of this is behind me though.

Now, I think now I am much closer to finding my ideal sound. BTW, I love the AD2000's.

Jun 25, 2009 at 11:27 PM Post #168 of 186
biggrin.gif

Oct 5, 2023 at 10:25 PM Post #169 of 186
After all this time, I thought some might be interested of what's become of the very β22 amplifier that is the subject of this thread. I purchased it from Shaizada almost 14 years ago, and it's been giving me trouble-free, beautiful sound ever since. It's driving a pair of Susvara's in a second system, and is a perfect pairing. Thanks again to naamanf for the build, and to Shaizada for unloading it to me.
:beerchug:

Attachments

• Beta 22.jpg
    Beta 22.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 5, 2023 at 10:34 PM Post #170 of 186
After all this time, I thought some might be interested of what's become of the very β22 amplifier that is the subject of this thread. I purchased it from Shaizada almost 14 years ago, and it's been giving me trouble-free, beautiful sound ever since. It's driving a pair of Susvara's in a second system, and is a perfect pairing. Thanks again to naamanf for the build, and to Shaizada for unloading it to me.
Excellent!

I just loved the amps designed by Amb labs.

Glad to hear you are still using the B22...!

Oct 5, 2023 at 10:35 PM Post #171 of 186
That’s awesome, happy to see it’s still making music. I made those in Kirkuk, Iraq when I was deployed there flying combat missions. There are three others out there somewhere, hopefully still kicking as well.

Oct 5, 2023 at 10:37 PM Post #172 of 186

It was meant for you my friend. It found a home with you and that is the promised dream of a high quality piece of equipment. It keeps on giving back. Enjoy in good health!

Oct 5, 2023 at 11:08 PM Post #173 of 186
Was looking for a new home for my B22. Now I am reconsidering - perhaps I should get rid of some of the earlier Headamp stuff and keep the B22. I even got a remote and 128 stepped for mine.

Edit: should have gotten a silver one - hides scuffs much better than black.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2023 at 12:45 AM Post #174 of 186
That’s awesome, happy to see it’s still making music. I made those in Kirkuk, Iraq when I was deployed there flying combat missions. There are three others out there somewhere, hopefully still kicking as well.
You built 4 wonderful amps...that much I know. I'd stack it up against any solid state amp out there.

Oct 6, 2023 at 12:48 AM Post #175 of 186
It was meant for you my friend. It found a home with you and that is the promised dream of a high quality piece of equipment. It keeps on giving back. Enjoy in good health!
Thanks for those kind words. It's served me well through 4 different moves, and many different systems. Hope you're doing great. Nice to hear from you.

Oct 6, 2023 at 1:01 AM Post #176 of 186
Oct 6, 2023 at 8:10 AM Post #177 of 186
For a second there I thought that was a photo of my amp. Mine still rocking after 13 years of ownership. Beside using it with various headphones like the MDR-R10, I also use it a lot to drive my ProAc clone speakers. It still holds up on it own compared to other modern amps.

Oct 6, 2023 at 9:23 AM Post #179 of 186
For a second there I thought that was a photo of my amp. Mine still rocking after 13 years of ownership. Beside using it with various headphones like the MDR-R10, I also use it a lot to drive my ProAc clone speakers. It still holds up on it own compared to other modern amps.
One of the ones I built?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back