The heavens opened and I heard the stars sing (β22 tales)
Oct 6, 2023 at 9:43 AM Post #181 of 186
Yeah I learned the hard way on that one. Need to replace the output devices I believe, not that hard, just need to find someone with a de-solder station.
Single ended, right? XLR connectors don’t have that potential short issue.

The likelihood of blowing the output device should be very low if the volume is turned all the way down and there is no signal on the input.

Oct 6, 2023 at 9:52 AM Post #182 of 186
Single ended, right? XLR connectors don’t have that potential short issue.

The likelihood of blowing the output device should be very low if the volume is turned all the way down and there is no signal on the input.
Single ended, yes. They would blow just being powered on, all it takes is that momentary short of the TRS being pulled/inserted.

Oct 6, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #183 of 186
Single ended, yes. They would blow just being powered on, all it takes is that momentary short of the TRS being pulled/inserted.
Yes, you have to insert it the right way 😉

Oct 6, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #184 of 186
Ye
ah I learned the hard way on that one. Need to replace the output devices I believe, not that hard, just need to find someone with a de-solder station.
Any suggestion on which ones need to be replaced

Oct 6, 2023 at 5:13 PM Post #185 of 186
One of the ones I built?
Without a doubt, the soundstage sounds like a large concert stage and the whole spectrum is full of detail and control on my speakers

Aren't you in Melbourne gikigill? I've got soldering station. I've done a few transformer conversion for B22 and my current DIY T2, that was from the states/US.
I did fix one of the blue LED that blow up about 6-7 years ago. So if you have the output devices that blown, I'm happy to help you out.

Oct 6, 2023 at 8:50 PM Post #186 of 186
I'm not in Melbourne but in Adelaide. I can post it to you. Was in Melbourne until last year.

I haven't opened the amp since it blew up so it's just as it was. Can source the parts if you could guide me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back