The heavens opened and I heard the stars sing (β22 tales)
Jun 2, 2008 at 1:27 PM Post #16 of 186
Top of the line!

Jun 2, 2008 at 1:30 PM Post #17 of 186
Steve, congrats, it looks beautiful! The case work is outstanding! I'm looking forward to a nice detailed review of it and your new sources
wink.gif

Jun 2, 2008 at 3:11 PM Post #21 of 186
That is a lovely little amp and PSU stack if I ever saw one. Congratulations. I'm sure it sounds as good as it looks.

Tim

Jun 2, 2008 at 4:33 PM Post #23 of 186
i had a small chance to listen to this amp at Canjam and it was very nice. Seemed alittle light in the gain area, did you adjust it ASR?

Maybe im just a deaf person ahaha....however the overall sound signature was fantasic, it was lively, fast paced and accurate...i love those things in a amp =).

Jun 2, 2008 at 8:09 PM Post #24 of 186
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very nice! What camera did you use for the shots? They look terrific.

I use the P&S Canon SD600. I think I've mastered the camera at this point and find myself itching for something more advanced, like a DSLR...
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by cotdt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
very nice, are you going to review it?

Sorry to burst possibly multiple bubbles here, but I do not plan to write a review of the B22. I'm done writing reviews, the most I'll be writing about this amp will be only short impressions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougigs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The buttons on the front - - are they "headphone amp/preamp" and "balanced/single ended"? (And "power" on the PSU box)... I'd like to see the back panel too. If that doesn't sound too greedy.

Yup, that's exactly what those buttons are labeled as. Ok I'll take pics of the back panels too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnsonad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Steve, congrats, it looks beautiful! The case work is outstanding! I'm looking forward to a nice detailed review of it and your new sources
wink.gif

Well I won't be writing a review of the amp but I will be writing some short comparative reviews of the dCS P8i, bel canto CD-1, and Plinius CD-101....on Audio Asylum. I'll also be providing some equally short comparative reviews of the Analysis Plus Silver Oval XLR and VH Audio Symmetry XLR over there, as well as a comparative review of the Black Sand Silver Reference MKV, Audience powerChord E, Signal Cable Silver Resolution Reference, and LAT International AC-2 MKII. So that'll be something to look forward to I guess, for anyone interested in those items.

Quote:

Originally Posted by argentum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm what about your lovely AD2000 ? How these sound with your new toy ?

The AD2000 isn't quite as responsive to the Beta 22 change as the K701, but it too sounds great. I prefer it with the dCS and bel canto, they bring out the bass more than the Plinius. The AD2K is also not quite as responsive to being balanced as much as the K701 either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i had a small chance to listen to this amp at Canjam and it was very nice. Seemed alittle light in the gain area, did you adjust it ASR?

Heh, I heard this complaint a few times at CanJam. The gain is still at 2, I prefer it there. I find large gain swings really annoying especially with the headphones I use, I like ultra-fine control and 2 gives me exactly that. I'm not driving stuff like the K340 here ya know.
tongue.gif

Jun 2, 2008 at 8:42 PM Post #27 of 186
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, almost.
tongue.gif
My naamanf-built 4-channel balanced Beta 22 has arrived, and I've listened to it! I connected everything, let it warm up, and oh the sound, it's glorious! My K701 has never sounded this good! The sound, it literally almost brought a tear to my eye!

It's pure shock and awe, big thanks to naamanf for building this rockstar of an amp! The detail is unparalleled over anything I've heard before! And with my trio of digital sources - the dCS P8i, bel canto CD-1, and Plinius CD-101 - I expect many hours of experimentation to follow.
smily_headphones1.gif

Lest this thread become worthless, here are some teaser pics. Internal pics to follow soon.

Welcome to the club. Good to know you like it!
biggrin.gif

Looking forward to see some internal pics.

Jun 2, 2008 at 8:45 PM Post #29 of 186
Quote:

Originally Posted by jh4db536 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how does it compare to the Apache?

If you send me your Apache, I can find out.
wink.gif

But you don't have to do that because this amp will be making a trip to the LA area soon...I suspect a mini-meet would logically follow...
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back