The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread
Aug 2, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #1,471 of 6,329
Quote:
I ordered today and was told the current lead time is around 3 months.
ksc75smile.gif

Here comes the long waiting time.

Well worth the wait!

Aug 2, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #1,473 of 6,329
Quote:

i think i was one of the last(if not the last) guy on the first batch and waited longer than 3 months.  anyway, it's well worth the wait
L3000.gif
hope you get it soon

I asked for a rough ETA and was told 3 months..maybe 4.

Aug 3, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #1,474 of 6,329
Next batch should be almost done, can't wait! (Like waiting for delicious food to cook)

Been reading a lot of high-end headphone, amp, DAC threads on head-fi lately and people's positive impressions of the GS-X keep popping up - seems like this is THE amp to get for dynamic headphones, so hyped! :p

Aug 3, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #1,475 of 6,329
Quote:
Next batch should be almost done, can't wait! (Like waiting for delicious food to cook)

Been reading a lot of high-end headphone, amp, DAC threads on head-fi lately and people's positive impressions of the GS-X keep popping up - seems like this is THE amp to get for dynamic headphones, so hyped! :p

It is the positive impressions of GS-X Mk II and the significant delay of hybrid Schiit Statement amp that "forced" me to click the order button on the Headamp website.

Aug 3, 2013 at 6:41 AM Post #1,476 of 6,329
Quote:
I ordered today and was told the current lead time is around 3 months.
ksc75smile.gif

Here comes the long waiting time.

Is it the second batch or a third? I am already waiting for 4 months for a second batch.

Aug 3, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #1,477 of 6,329

^ I think Justin combined the 2nd and 3rd batches for a run of about 60 GS-X mk2 units.  He's working on BHSE's along with the GS-X mk2 this summer.  Some BHSE people have now been waiting 16+ months.  Of course since I'm probably near the top of the current GS-x run (6 months & counting), I'd like to see him release maybe 15 GS-X units starting Monday . . lol.   But Justin is THE MAN so whatever he does is fine with me !!! 

Aug 3, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #1,479 of 6,329
No offense to Justin, but his watch must work differently than ours. The wait is worth it, though. You'll never find better attention to detail or total quality than him.

Aug 3, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #1,480 of 6,329
So if I put in an order, should I expect to wait six months? It seems as though a number of people on this thread have been waiting quite a while. His workmanship and products do seem exceptional.

For reference, I have a balanced source and HD650s. I'd replace my AKG701s with the LCD2s if I went with the GS-X.

Aug 3, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #1,481 of 6,329
Quote:
Rico, you've been waiting six months?! I'm okay with 3-4 months, but six?

I think it's worth the wait.  There was a major problem with aluminum quality back in March/April that set production back at least a couple months.  Rather than ship an inferior product, Justin tracked down a source for some very high grade stuff that met his specs.  That kind of quality and attention to detail is the reason people are willing to be patient.  I think the idea is that since the GS-X design is modular it can be assembled and shipped more quickly.  If the batch of 60 is not sold out, I would guess that 3-4 months would probably be the estimate for new orders, but that's my guess.  One thing is for sure, the sooner one makes the deposit the sooner the FedEx shipment notice will come!
atsmile.gif

Aug 4, 2013 at 7:20 AM Post #1,485 of 6,329
He doesn't build them in a 1, 1, 1 setup.  This run is 60, so 60 amps will hit the door at roughly the same time.  Wait time is more or less about when you get in on the run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back