The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread
Mar 31, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #1,021 of 6,329
So Justin, do you think the new batch will be ready by end of May? I am not trying to rush anything. I am perfectly happy waiting as along as it takes - especially for a HeadAmp product - but I would like to know so that I know what I need to do to maintain my emotional state. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 31, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #1,022 of 6,329
Quote:
So Justin, do you think the new batch will be ready by end of May? I am not trying to rush anything. I am perfectly happy waiting as along as it takes - especially for a HeadAmp product - but I would like to know so that I know what I need to do to maintain my emotional state. 
biggrin.gif

Nope - i'm going to be using the same high grade aluminum I had to special order for the BHSE front panels, and it takes 4 weeks to get it.  

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Mar 31, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #1,023 of 6,329
So Justin, do you think the new batch will be ready by end of May? I am not trying to rush anything. I am perfectly happy waiting as along as it takes - especially for a HeadAmp product - but I would like to know so that I know what I need to do to maintain my emotional state. :D

Nope - i'm going to be using the same high grade aluminum I had to special order for the BHSE front panels, and it takes 4 weeks to get it.  

Well, I was gonna ask Justin if I could get my gsx–mkii at the DC headfi meet in May.

Guess I don't have too now

Apr 1, 2013 at 5:38 AM Post #1,024 of 6,329
Quote:
Well, I was gonna ask Justin if I could get my gsx–mkii at the DC headfi meet in May.

Guess I don't have too now
That was my thinking as well

.thanks Justin! No rush. I just appreciate having the opportunity to get this amp. Take your time.  

Apr 5, 2013 at 6:44 AM Post #1,025 of 6,329
SO guys, what DAC are you all using with the GSX and what to you like and/or dislike about the presentation? I am especially a stickler for instrument placement and capability to handle larger orchestral pieces, if you have experience there, I would appreciate you dropping few words on that. 

Apr 5, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #1,027 of 6,329
Quote:
How much are you planing on spending on the DAC?

I am not really looking at a new purchase within next few moths, but long term. And then my threshold depends on how long they continue the furloughs. For now, I am looking at price no object, but really will most likely eventually pull the trigger in the 2000-3000 range.

Apr 5, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #1,028 of 6,329
Quote:
I am not really looking at a new purchase within next few moths, but long term. And then my threshold depends on how long they continue the furloughs. For now, I am looking at price no object, but really will most likely eventually pull the trigger in the 2000-3000 range.

Gotcha,  I'm caught up in the furlough stuff as well.

I was looking at a NOS DAC to compare with the other DACs I have.  The HEX has my interests right now.

Apr 5, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #1,029 of 6,329
Quote:

Gotcha,  I'm caught up in the furlough stuff as well.

I was looking at a NOS DAC to compare with the other DACs I have.  The HEX has my interests right now.

I have seen DAC as well. I am not sure what the diff is between NOS and other DACs as far as sound goes. I have read about the technical differences, but not sure how that translates into real life performers. I have come across diehard NOS fans, but I have hears some pretty good up/oversampling dacs, so don't know what to think. So far the PWD is your fav with the GSX, right? OR is it Master7.

Apr 5, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #1,030 of 6,329
Quote:
I have seen DAC as well. I am not sure what the diff is between NOS and other DACs as far as sound goes. I have read about the technical differences, but not sure how that translates into real life performers. I have come across diehard NOS fans, but I have hears some pretty good up/oversampling dacs, so don't know what to think. So far the PWD is your fav with the GSX, right? OR is it Master7.

Yup both
biggrin.gif
  If I had to only have one.  uummm..  Haven't decided yet.. I was hoping the HEX beat them both..  

Apr 5, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #1,031 of 6,329
Quote:

Yup both
biggrin.gif
  If I had to only have one.  uummm..  Haven't decided yet.. I was hoping the HEX beat them both..  

I hope so too. That would make my decision easier!

Apr 5, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #1,033 of 6,329
Quote:

No way man.  you can hear both of them at the meet for your self.  Don't let me make a decision for you.

Sure, I will be super happy to listen to whatever you bring. You think you'll have the Hex by then? Not sure when it comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back