The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread
Apr 6, 2013 at 4:09 AM Post #1,038 of 6,329
The small support in the photo which I had eight made, as can be seen is for my GS-Xmk2, the large support which I had four made sometime ago is for my power purifier. I'm also having a small rack made to separate the GS-X's Amp and PSU.

Apr 7, 2013 at 8:14 AM Post #1,042 of 6,329
Quote:
Could we make an own MK2 thread. - Thank you. A separation would be great.

What advantage do you see in that? I dont think there is much confusion here regarding the versions, but I may be missing something. 

Apr 10, 2013 at 5:58 AM Post #1,044 of 6,329
Been looking for an amp to get closer to aural nirvana .
Part of the personal audio journey you know . Worked out that I liked the detailed , plenty of ambience in spacious soundstage kind of sound . The kind of sound where quality of instrument  timbre is more important than quantity of bass specifically .

Kind of bet on the Bakoon amp 21 to make it happen 

So I ended up in a well  stocked headfi  orientated store in Melbourne today.
Listened to the Mjolnir and found it so Lo-Fi, Bryston and found it Nice- Fi and the Soloist smooth but unsophisticated and dense in your face .

About to go and got talking about Headamp .
Lo and behold there was the GSXmk II .  One problem, not allowed to listen !! Only one in stock and only for sale , no buyer yet. Not prepared to chance someone not liking it and having to sell a demo unit .

Ok fine then, give me the damn thing but let me listen to make sure it works. 

And it works , cold start out of the box in the shop and all . Ancilliaries not to shabby but not my standard by far. 
Just could not fault the damn thing , what clear improvement on what came before by far and already .

Paid and left, no waiting . Now to lug the box the entire Great Ocean Road, no listening for 4 days not even thinking audio .

Funny old world.

Apr 10, 2013 at 6:07 AM Post #1,045 of 6,329
Grats but don't kill yourself over burn in.  The unit already has 200+ hours on it from the dry run testing it goes through.

Apr 10, 2013 at 6:43 AM Post #1,046 of 6,329
wild4sound did you try Mjolnir out of your MA1? It seems that many like via quality source and out of the compromise source not always. I want try Mjolnir too but do not know a little undecided I can't chance try it first..

Apr 10, 2013 at 7:18 AM Post #1,047 of 6,329
Quote:
Been looking for an amp to get closer to aural nirvana .
Part of the personal audio journey you know . Worked out that I liked the detailed , plenty of ambience in spacious soundstage kind of sound . The kind of sound where quality of instrument  timbre is more important than quantity of bass specifically .

Kind of bet on the Bakoon amp 21 to make it happen 

So I ended up in a well  stocked headfi  orientated store in Melbourne today.
Listened to the Mjolnir and found it so Lo-Fi, Bryston and found it Nice- Fi and the Soloist smooth but unsophisticated and dense in your face .

Lo and behold there was the GSXmk II .  One problem, not allowed to listen !! Only one in stock and only for sale , no buyer yet. Not prepared to chance someone not liking it and having to sell a demo unit .

And it works , cold start out of the box in the shop and all . Ancilliaries not to shabby but not my standard by far. 
Just could not fault the damn thing , what clear improvement on what came before by far and already .

Paid and left, no waiting . Now to lug the box the entire Great Ocean Road, no listening for 4 days not even thinking audio .

Funny old world.

Gratz man, I think we are the only 2 in Australia to enjoy the beautiful aural nirvana, which is the GS-X mk2

Apr 10, 2013 at 7:23 AM Post #1,048 of 6,329
Quote:

Congrats man!
Maybe one day I will try the GSX MKII too ...

Apr 10, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #1,049 of 6,329
Knopi laptop,and new Nad M dac ,Mjolnir, any phone. Crank up and first you hear is the sea ??
Then music drowns it out, seriously not good sign. I hope it is a defective unit otherwise serious LO FI, all other amps mentioned was DEAD quiet.

I hope this is the beginning of a good end with GX MII

Apr 10, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #1,050 of 6,329
In the guide that comes with GSx it said its not recommend stacking the amp on top of the psu as it may produce noise. I have mine side by side, also had unwanted noise with RCA out, but it was the rca cable.

Hope this helps and you overcome this problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back