The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread
Mar 30, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #993 of 6,342
I opted for the Alpha 21mm potentiometer with my GS-Xmk2, but because my source has an attenuator built in which allows me to alter the volume by it's remote control, I have both the GS-X's and BHSE's volume knob on full. So now if I want to increase or decrease the volume I just use my sources remote.
Doing this makes it so I don't have to have my amps volume knob at arms length, which is great for me 'cause I've only short arms.

Sorry, but couldn't resist another photo.

Mar 30, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #994 of 6,342
^ I've been running my amp (V200) this way and it makes a big difference in the sound quality.  Some people say it's because of the crappy attenuator in the v200 . . . but for whatever reason it sounds fabulous.

PS Nice photo !!!

Mar 30, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #997 of 6,342
Quote:
I opted for the Alpha 21mm potentiometer with my GS-Xmk2, but because my source has an attenuator built in which allows me to alter the volume by it's remote control, I have both the GS-X's and BHSE's volume knob on full. So now if I want to increase or decrease the volume I just use my sources remote.
Doing this makes it so I don't have to have my amps volume knob at arms length, which is great for me 'cause I've only short arms.

So does this mean you're using digital volume control over the analog volume control?   If this is the case, not sure it's the best choice.  Analog volume control is alway better than digital volume control.  

Mar 30, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #998 of 6,342
Quote:
Quote:

So does this mean you're using digital volume control over the analog volume control?   If this is the case, not sure it's the best choice.  Analog volume control is alway better than digital volume control.  

Dude...its a K-01??!!

Mar 30, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #999 of 6,342
"always"?  nope! 

Quote:

Mar 30, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #1,001 of 6,342
When the volume is being handled in bits higher than your signal it is fine.

Mar 30, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #1,004 of 6,342
Then that's your own personal choice. Saying that analog volume is always better than digital one is just pure misleading. A well designed relay-based volume has accuracy that hardly any analog pot could match. Even the internal volume control of the ES9018 is excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back