The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread
Jul 30, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #4,441 of 6,326

HOME DELIVERY NEXT TUESDAY, AUGUST 4TH

Is this correct about two weeks from order to delivery?
You lucky son of a %§&*#!
biggrin.gif

Welcome, enjoy ... in a couple of days time.

Part I

Thanks icebear (I think 
biggrin.gif
 )  Actually I ordered it late June & made my final payment a little more than a week ago.  I'll try & find it but in an earlier post (in this thread) Justin explained why this batch shipped faster than in the past.  He also went on to say that there's a particular part, he won't be getting any longer from the company that had been supplying him (I'll try and find that also) so that production could be in jeopardy as far as the number of GS-X MK2 he will be able to build.

You're right though, I am a lucky %§&*#!  I guess it was just my turn in this case.  I'll share my impressions in the near future.

Part II

Found it icebear :  (copy & paste)

I am really interested on this too. I am really considering it, but it will take more than a month...I will pass.

it is about 4 weeks right now. i have not yet sold out the current batch so that is why. usually they sell out before i begin shipping, but this time i ordered a lot more. However once this batch is gone, i don't know what the future will be. Some of the parts for the amplifier modules were purchased in 2006 and are discontinued. Another company makes a replacement but the quantity available are still very small - only enough for me to build 1 GS-X mk2 per month.

In the first sentence in his reply to guitarrules Justin explains why the waiting time is 4 weeks for the GS-X MK2.  Then he goes on to explain why the production will dwindle to one a month (sounds like a jeopardy situation to me.)  Anyways, yep I lucked out and I'm very grateful.  I'm not going to boast or laugh about it considering so many members waited more than a year in the past.  As I've already mentioned, I'm grateful & will leave it at that. 

P.S. my earlier post with the big happy face was to celebrate the fact that I'm finally getting the amp I've been dreaming about and thought I'd never get.

Jul 30, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #4,442 of 6,326
Congrats! You will love it.   I'm consistently floored at how good this amp this.  I'm content now, and that's about the highest compliment I can give considering the constant need for change in this hobby (at least for me).

Jul 30, 2015 at 9:07 PM Post #4,443 of 6,326
  Congrats! You will love it.   I'm consistently floored at how good this amp this.  I'm content now, and that's about the highest compliment I can give considering the constant need for change in this hobby (at least for me).

Thanks Failed Engineer, I appreciate it.  I'm pretty sure I'll love it also.  I hear you concerning the constant change in this hobby, I'm also in that department.  I haven't listed all of the different HPs & amps I've gone through in my profile but the list is long. Again, I will share/post my impressions once it's delivered.

Jul 31, 2015 at 1:08 AM Post #4,444 of 6,326
Nice one, Old Groucho.  We now share the HD 800, the GS-X mk2, and a love for Beck.  I can honestly say that I've found my pinnacle.  I've stopped searching for headphone upgrades.  This, along with my LCD-3 and my PWD MKII, are all I need.  Now it's on to power amps and speakers!  :)

I'm certain you'll love your new amp.  Tell us the first album you listen to with it.

Jul 31, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #4,445 of 6,326
Thanks dsticker. We do indeed share a love for Beck's music and I can't wait to listen to him on the GS-X mk2.  I will definitely post my sound impressions & will let you know which album I'll listen to first.  Probably Midnite Vultures.

Jul 31, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #4,448 of 6,326
It's encouraging to hear all this positive feedback on the GS-X and HD800 combo. I'm one transatlantic flight away from listening to it for the first time. The amplifier arrived while I was away for 8 weeks.

Jul 31, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #4,449 of 6,326

PREFACE

I could have stayed away from Head-fi for a while, hide in shame, embarrassment, but, I'm not like that.  A few days ago my wife used my laptop to order running shoes (Americans call them sneakers) online for the US.  I was not aware of that since I was not at home when she did & she did not mention doing so afterwards.  Why am I posting this ?  

WHAT HAPPENED

Well, since my wife used my laptop (she preferred using the laptop as opposed to using her iPad) yesterday, I received a message on my email from HDL courier from the US, addressed to me saying my item was shipped on July 29th & I could expect delivery on Aug. 4th.  Those who have read my posts yesterday and have kindly responded know where I'm going with this.  Since the only thing I've ordered lately and am waiting for is the GS-X MK2 I naturally jumped to the obvious conclusion. The only thing it said on the order form was "item", nothing was specified.  Also it said it came from Illinois; I know the Headamp co. is not in Illinois but I remembered ordering audiophile items ie. from North Carolina but when they shipped the item it first went through California therefore I deducted that the same thing was going on here. I did send a message to Justin asking him if this was my shipment but he did not reply.

So, I excitedly went on Head-fi, on this thread, to announce to the whole Head-fi world : HOME DELIVERY NEXT TUESDAY, AUG. 4TH.   Weeelllllllll ......   today I found out that it was the shoes that my wife ordered because she finally received a message on her own email from the same delivering co. & the same tracking no. w/the same delivery date indicated.  One doesn't have to be Sherlock Holmes to deduct the obvious.  My first reaction was to go & hide under a rock somewhere.  But then I told myself to be a man and own up on my overzealous, anxiety driven exuberant expectations : I SCREWED UP .... THERE.  

But, I do thank all the members who were also happy for me and shared their comments with me and when I do get the amp, as stated before, I will share my impressions with all of you.

Sincerely,

Embarrassed Old Groucho 
confused_face.gif

confused_face_2.gif

frown.gif

mad.gif
confused_face_2.gif

confused_face.gif

Jul 31, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #4,452 of 6,326
Anyone done a comparison between the GS-X MKII and the Sim Audio Moon 430HA? I know the moon is pretty new but I'm nearly ready to jump on one or the other. Living in a rural area makes access to these amps impossible, other than an outright purchase.

Jul 31, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #4,453 of 6,326
  ROFL
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Let us know how the new sneaker sound and if different laces have an influence
tongue.gif

ROFL
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Let us know how the new sneaker sound and if different laces have an influence
tongue.gif

I heard different soles are a good mod for those ... 
biggrin.gif

No mate, I know the feeling, women and shoes ... it's far worse than men and cans!  
wink_face.gif

At the moment I'm listening to Rubber Sole w/white laces;  I found the black laces sounded somewhat dark. 
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back