The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread
Jul 22, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #4,426 of 6,326

My cd player is already connected to RCA input.

Your CD player isn't your DAC.  Connect the noisy source with BOTH XLR and RCA to provide the GS-X a ground connection to the DAC.

Jul 22, 2015 at 10:11 PM Post #4,427 of 6,326
  Hello,
I received my gsx mk2 2 weeks ago and there is something that worries me : I use a Sennheiser HD800 and a Dangerous Source Dac using the XLR input, and when I listen at 50% volume (medium gain) I hear some background noise. I hooked-up a cd player to the RCA Input and I have no noise even at 100% volume.

Do you have also some background noise with your unit ? Is there something wrong with the amp ?
I tried to contact Justin by mail but got no response.

thanks

Sounds like the problem I've met. That proves to be a false alarm and my DAC found dysfunctional.
You have to try your CD Player using both RCA and XLR (if available) first, and had better to borrow another DAC with XLR output to rule something out.

Jul 23, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #4,429 of 6,326
  I can try to connect my DAC with both xlr and rca, but for that i need to buy trs/rca adaptors.

Good tool to have on hand even without the issue.  Is the TRS output single ended on that DAC?

Jul 23, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #4,430 of 6,326
The most amazing thing to me (besides the speed, power, and SQ out of the mk2) was that with the LCD-XC, very efficient and noise-floor exaggerating headphones, and a pair of Noble IEMs (also very dramatic about noise-floor), the mk2 had no noticeable noise at FULL VOLUME. Granted this was at Canjam so there was noise around me, but still, the noise-floor was inaudible.

Jul 24, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #4,431 of 6,326
  Hello,
I received my gsx mk2 2 weeks ago and there is something that worries me : I use a Sennheiser HD800 and a Dangerous Source Dac using the XLR input, and when I listen at 50% volume (medium gain) I hear some background noise. I hooked-up a cd player to the RCA Input and I have no noise even at 100% volume.

Do you have also some background noise with your unit ? Is there something wrong with the amp ?
I tried to contact Justin by mail but got no response.

thanks

Had a similar problem, solved it by putting source and amp on different power circuits, "one on circuit 1, other on circuit 2" it was a ground loop problem.

Hope this helps......

Jul 25, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #4,433 of 6,326
How long is estimated waiting time currently? Also what options are avaliable? Can I order some superior parts or only best things are in anyway? What color options there are?? Is there 14 day test time so I can send back if I dont like the sound?

Jul 27, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #4,435 of 6,326
  The most amazing thing to me (besides the speed, power, and SQ out of the mk2) was that with the LCD-XC, very efficient and noise-floor exaggerating headphones, and a pair of Noble IEMs (also very dramatic about noise-floor), the mk2 had no noticeable noise at FULL VOLUME. Granted this was at Canjam so there was noise around me, but still, the noise-floor was inaudible.

Same here, low gain and full volume on a TH-900 is simply pitch black.

Jul 30, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #4,440 of 6,326

HOME DELIVERY NEXT TUESDAY, AUGUST 4TH

Is this correct about two weeks from order to delivery?
You lucky son of a %§&*#!
biggrin.gif

Welcome, enjoy ... in a couple of days time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back