The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread
Jul 26, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #3,392 of 6,342

Now the 220V amps are shipped. What is going on with my 115V DACT unit that was finished 2 weeks ago (supposedly)?

Edited: Got shipment notification today.

Congrats on getting shipment notification. Still haven't got mine. Got a notice for final payment so I assume I was in this batch

Are there still 115V units to be shipped from this batch?

Jul 26, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #3,395 of 6,342
Happy ending for one year's waiting.:)

That is a seriously nice rack of gear! I'm jelly! What power conditioning are you using?

Jul 26, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #3,396 of 6,342
Right, because the packaging is no longer needed, the GSX is not for sale and stays in the house.
biggrin.gif

Personally I would keep the packaging just in case you need to send it back to Justin for repairs "Touch wood"

Coming form a computer business background some of the components sent back to us for repairs and such were damaged in the process because of the poorly packaging.

Just a thought....

Jul 26, 2014 at 11:02 PM Post #3,397 of 6,342
By inspection, I presume you live in HK...if I am right, how much is the C1? Which headphones are you using with the gsx?

Check pm snormal.

Below are the 2 headphones that I'm currently using. Th900s has been idling around for almost a year as I can't find an amp good enough to drive them. Phonitor was ok but unfortunately not too versatile thus I let it go; bha-1 was too warm and muscular but lack of a touch of delicacy, didn't stay longer than 3 months. I would say TH900s are among the most difficult to drive ( we are talking about quality rather than getting enough spl), GS-X MKII is the best I've heard with TH 900s, and it looks beautiful.

Jul 27, 2014 at 5:52 AM Post #3,399 of 6,342
Thanks, using shunyata PS8 power bar with defender conditioner, if I had the space, I would go for a more serious heavyweight.

Congratz on receiving the GSX II! 
Space... well.. the bane for most of our local HK audiophiles save for the richest bunch.... 

Jul 28, 2014 at 4:45 AM Post #3,400 of 6,342

Congratz on receiving the GSX II! 
Space... well.. the bane for most of our local HK audiophiles save for the richest bunch.... 

Arg still waiting for them to reach my Aus distributer! >< Thought it'd hit Aus before HK lol

Jul 28, 2014 at 5:47 AM Post #3,402 of 6,342
Just out of curiosity, whos your distributor?

Addicted 2 Audio - think they're the only distributer for the GS-X in Aus.

Jul 28, 2014 at 6:31 AM Post #3,404 of 6,342

Arg still waiting for them to reach my Aus distributer! >< Thought it'd hit Aus before HK lol

This may depend on transport company and method/product chosen. cwtim01 in Hong Kong(?) reported FedEx shipment. I've had FedEx packages from Connecticut and EMS from Tokyo both arrive in less than a week, and a package from Canada (don't remember transport company and method) in only a few days. Others may take 1-2 weeks, and some (typically the cheapest options) from USA 4(-6) weeks. I assume those are surface transport including (container) ships.

I assume that diferent services have diferent prices and delivery times. The Australian distributor may have chosen one of the cheapest and hence slowest methods. I assume you don't know the transport company and method.

Mine is transported with USPS Priority Mail International Parcels, typically with "delivery in 6 to 10 business days" "for many major markets" according to USPS. 

Extract from package tracking information:

USPS Tracking shows:
  1. Tuesday 22 July 2014 afternoon Acceptance CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA 22906
  2. Wednesday 23 July 2014 night (= after midnight) Departed USPS Facility SANDSTON, VA 23150
  3. Thursday 24 July 2014 afternoon Processed Through Sort Facility ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)

Switch to Norway Post which shows:
  1. Friday 2014-07-25 morning Package has been sent from origin country ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS), United States

ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) is an export terminal according to Norway Post. According to Wikipedia and some Google search results ISC is USPS International Service Centers located in Chicago, New York, Miami, Los Angeles, and San Francisco. I was surprised and wonder why the package was sent from Virginia to Chicago instead of New York which appears as the best route for packages to Europe.

At the moment I don't know where the package is, but I've experienced this before. With some services you don't get any tracking information between departing origin country and arrival in recipient country (Norway). This may take a few days. I probably can hope for delivery late this week or sometime next week.

Edit: Removed a many blank lines that for some odd reason snuck in.

Jul 28, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #3,405 of 6,342
Check pm snormal.

Below are the 2 headphones that I'm currently using. Th900s has been idling around for almost a year as I can't find an amp good enough to drive them. Phonitor was ok but unfortunately not too versatile thus I let it go; bha-1 was too warm and muscular but lack of a touch of delicacy, didn't stay longer than 3 months. I would say TH900s are among the most difficult to drive ( we are talking about quality rather than getting enough spl), GS-X MKII is the best I've heard with TH 900s, and it looks beautiful.

agree that gsx mk2 and th-900 is about as good as it gets, only the best tube amps come close (wa5, hpa5000, zana deux, balancing act come to mind).

disagree with the rest though :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back