Mar 6, 2023 at 8:31 AM Post #48 of 57
ANNOUNCING THE HEAD-FI MEMBERS POLL HEADPHONE WINNERS FOR 2022/23

(Price tiers that do not appear below did not receive any votes)​

Best Dynamic Driver Headphones

$0-$99.99 - WINNER: Koss Porta Pro
$100-$249.99 - WINNER: Drop Sennheiser HD-6XX
$250-$499.99 - TIE: Sennheiser HD650 / Philips Fidelio X3
$500-$999.99 - WINNER: Focal Clear
$1000-$2999.99 - TIE: Audio Technica ATH-ADX5000 / Sennheiser HD800S / ZMF Atrium
$3000 and above - WINNER: Focal Utopia

Best Planar Magnetic Headphones

$100-$249.99 - WINNER: Hifiman HE-400se
$250-$499.99 - TIE: Hifiman Sundara / Hifiman Edition XS
$500-$999.99 - WINNER: Hifiman Ananda
$1000-$2999.99 - WINNER: Hifiman Arya
$3000 and above - WINNER: Audeze LCD-4

Best Electrostatic Headphones

$250-$499.99 - WINNER: Sennheiser Unipolar 2002
$500-$999.99 - WINNER: Stax L500
$1000-$2999.99 - TIE: Stax 007 / Soltanus Acoustics Euridiche / Stax Sigma Pro / Perun Ultimate Live Sound / Stax SR-L700 Mk2
$3000 and above - WINNER: Stax X9000

Best AMT Headphones

$1000-$2999.99 - WINNER: HEDDphone One

Thank you to everyone who took time to participate in the year's poll. Please feel free to send us your thoughts and suggestions on what you'd like to see in next year's poll, and future polls going forward.

Mar 7, 2023 at 6:23 PM Post #49 of 57
Thank you all for your votes and for your patience.

This being our first Headphones Poll, we have taken note to ensure we improve for next year.

I also want to say thank you to my fellow team members, @dharmasteve and @gLer for their hard work.

Thanks to you all and I look forward to an improved poll for next year. 🙏

Mar 11, 2023 at 7:51 AM Post #50 of 57
Thank you all for your votes and for your patience.

This being our first Headphones Poll, we have taken note to ensure we improve for next year.

I also want to say thank you to my fellow team members, @dharmasteve and @gLer for their hard work.

Thanks to you all and I look forward to an improved poll for next year. 🙏

Have you considered adding a wireless category? Either for in-ears or over-ears?

Thanks for the great work of anyone involved.

Mar 11, 2023 at 9:01 AM Post #51 of 57
Have you considered adding a wireless category? Either for in-ears or over-ears?

Thanks for the great work of anyone involved.

Personally, yes, and yes, I think it would be good to have a wireless category.

It seems each year new people join Head-fi.org to vote in the polls. It may be a good opportunity to draw in many who are into wireless (more folks are into wireless than wired audio) so they can appreciate why we choose wired sets over wireless sets.

However, it is for the Poll Team to decide as the more categories we have, the more work we have to do. I may have some "wireless" persuading to do for the next one.

On behalf of the Poll Team, thank you.

Mar 11, 2023 at 9:09 AM Post #52 of 57
More categories (wired vs wireless, open vs closed, etc.) would be interesting but there's always the risk of adding too much complexity and making it confusing for people to participate.

Personally, even with just the categories given, I'd love to see a "top 5" list for each category rather than just one winner.

*edit* To be clear, I mean a top 5 list in the results, not asking people enter their top 5 during voting.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 9:14 AM Post #53 of 57
More categories (wired vs wireless, open vs closed, etc.) would be interesting but there's always the risk of adding too much complexity and making it confusing for people to participate.

Personally, even with just the categories given, I'd love to see a "top 5" list for each category rather than just one winner.
Your feedback will be taken into account for next year.

Mar 11, 2023 at 9:19 AM Post #54 of 57

I wouldn’t say so much as a vs. version. THAT would be too complex.

Rather a wireless ranking parallel to the already existing wired, in both formats.

I know it’s doubling the work. But I agree with Chris in that MANY people, like me, are also using wireless for the convenience. And a voted ranking would be a lot of fun, for sure.

Mar 11, 2023 at 9:32 AM Post #55 of 57
Any chance of showing the number of votes each winner got?

I'm more likely to take note of a "winner" that got 500 votes, over one that got 2 votes.

Nice work otherwise :)

Mar 11, 2023 at 9:47 AM Post #56 of 57
Any chance of showing the number of votes each winner got?

I'm more likely to take note of a "winner" that got 500 votes, over one that got 2 votes.

Nice work otherwise :)

I take it you mean for next year, if so the answer is, yes. Unfortunately, not this year.

As this is the first year for headphones (and I initially placed the thread in the wrong category...but we will not talk about that) the number of votes were not huge, but hopefully, that will increase for the next one.

Mar 11, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #57 of 57
I take it you mean for next year, if so the answer is, yes. Unfortunately, not this year.

As this is the first year for headphones (and I initially placed the thread in the wrong category...but we will not talk about that) the number of votes were not huge, but hopefully, that will increase for the next one.
Thanks very much to you and the rest of the team for doing this! Great information to have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back