The HE60/HEV70 is here! :Pics:
Feb 14, 2006 at 3:22 PM Post #46 of 51
I just spoke to Sennheiser regarding my missing ear cushions. They screwed up the order so it will be at least another 2 weeks. On the bright side, they are sending me an extra pair free of charge.
biggrin.gif

Feb 14, 2006 at 8:35 PM Post #47 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by canloader
Awesome !!! Thread kickin' fun -
They are simply a pleasure!
Amazing, if you have seen my past threads on the various cans/amps I have owned there has to be a reason why I have almost stopped getting new set-ups... I can only imagine the HE90.....

Yup!
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm considering myself "arrived" with this system. From now only music and a future source upgrade (Marantz CD7300 is ok, but is however a mid-low gear).

The Music has never sounded so good from an headphone in my home.
smily_headphones1.gif

bye
Andrew

Feb 14, 2006 at 8:41 PM Post #48 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by amartignano
Yup!
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm considering myself "arrived" with this system. From now only music and a future source upgrade (Marantz CD7300 is ok, but is however a mid-low gear).

The Music has never sounded so good from an headphone in my home.
smily_headphones1.gif

bye
Andrew

They are pretty special. Are you using the HEV70 as your amp?

Feb 14, 2006 at 8:49 PM Post #49 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
They are pretty special. Are you using the HEV70 as your amp?

They are SURPRSINGLY SPECIAL!
wink.gif

Anyway, not joking, we have compared that system with Leben+Sony R10, Rudistor RP010+Qualia, and Leben+AKG K1000, and the HE60/HEV70 system stand comparison ( http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163123) but...

...but I have a (simple) stablized dc power supply able to give 2A (compared to the 0.5 A of the little wall Sennheiser's adapter), which brings out bass and overall dynamics. Simple and effective upgrade.

bye
Andrew

Feb 16, 2006 at 4:28 AM Post #50 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by amartignano
...but I have a (simple) stablized dc power supply able to give 2A (compared to the 0.5 A of the little wall Sennheiser's adapter), which brings out bass and overall dynamics. Simple and effective upgrade.

bye
Andrew

I would be interested to see this PWR supply -

Feb 16, 2006 at 10:08 AM Post #51 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by canloader
I would be interested to see this PWR supply -

I don't have taken images yet, but it's a "normal" stabilized DC power supply (24V, 1.5 A continuous, 2A for shorter time) you can find or have build in an electronic equipment shop. Simple and effective.

bye
Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back