The HE60/HEV70 is here! :Pics:
Nov 1, 2005 at 5:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 51

canloader

500+ Head-Fier
Hi,
Just thought I would share some pics of my latest treasure.
This setup is an outstanding compliment to my station.
Out of the box I was marveled by the design and construction.
Upon first listen I knew this was the beginning of a new way to experience music. The research is in full swing with very high marks.
Outstanding depth, detail, and soundstage. The music seems to pass seamlessly through one ear to the next. Making your head almost invisible.
With an amplifier upgrade in the near future these cans will be near reference.
Comfort and fit is perfect.

DSC01566.jpg

DSC01581.jpg

Edit to add: Thanks to Nik for having these imported from Sennheiser Germany. Shipped accross the globe in two days!

Nov 1, 2005 at 1:46 PM Post #6 of 51
Don't be in a rush for a new amplifier. The HEV70 is much better than some people say, as long as you can live with the fact that they need to be switched on and playing music for 2-3 ours before your listening session. A bit annoying but that's all. They sound pretty bad on the fist 30 mins, and kind of average after that, starting to blossom at 2-3 hours.

I'll stick with the HEV70 (if you can live with that problem) and wait for the new developments on electrostatic amps following the release of that new production run of HE90s.

Nov 1, 2005 at 2:05 PM Post #7 of 51
Have you tried them on that Stax amp yet?

Nov 1, 2005 at 4:05 PM Post #8 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nomad
Don't be in a rush for a new amplifier. The HEV70 is much better than some people say, as long as you can live with the fact that they need to be switched on and playing music for 2-3 ours before your listening session. A bit annoying but that's all. They sound pretty bad on the fist 30 mins, and kind of average after that, starting to blossom at 2-3 hours.

I'll stick with the HEV70 (if you can live with that problem) and wait for the new developments on electrostatic amps following the release of that new production run of HE90s.

I second this!

Nov 1, 2005 at 4:10 PM Post #9 of 51
Sign up for the group buy on the Senn-to-Stax adapter in the group buy forum, then you can plug your Baby-O into your Stax amp. The Baby O can handle that voltage bias I believe (from what i read) so you should be good to go!

Nov 1, 2005 at 6:18 PM Post #11 of 51
They look so sweet. Congrats!

Btw. Is HE60 available anymore and if it is then how much does it cost?

Nov 1, 2005 at 6:25 PM Post #12 of 51
if by 'available' you mean sold by Sennheiser then no. But if by 'available' you mean 'can it be had (by hook or by crook) from somewhere other then Sennheiser' well then, YES!

LOL. Good news is, if you find a pair, in ANY condition, Sennheiser (for a fee) will bring it back up to 'as new' per spec. They can replace the elements, the electrostatic membrane(s), the earpads, and headband.

So essentially... they have everything available for a new phone, but they won't give you one unless you already have one!

Strange, but true.

Neil

Nov 1, 2005 at 8:51 PM Post #13 of 51
Any comparisons vs. that SR-404? Pricewize the HE60/HEV70 would me more akin to the SR-404/SRM-006t rather than the SRM-313, but I'd still very much like to hear the impressions!

P.S. To give you an idea for how "not available" these headphones are - a few weeks back, a broken pair in absolutely terrible condition sold on ebay for over 500 euro. It probably would have taken at least as much for Sennheiser to bring that pair to mint condition.

Everyone wants these cans. Unless you've got an SR-007 or HE90 lying around, but let's face it, even then, you still want them. And if you've already got one, you want another pair! Admit it...

Nov 1, 2005 at 9:00 PM Post #14 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by catscratch
Everyone wants these cans. Unless you've got an SR-007 or HE90 lying around, but let's face it, even then, you still want them. And if you've already got one, you want another pair! Admit it...

I want one! I want one!

Nov 2, 2005 at 8:08 PM Post #15 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Have you tried them on that Stax amp yet?

Not yet, Looks as if I might be a little “Johnny come lately” wanting to get in on the Senn/STAX adapter.. Yes, Jahn I’m trying. I was reading the thread on the voltage bias as well. Adding a 5Mohm res..etc. And if some amplifiers are coming out in the future due to the HE90 reissue that would be awesome! I would also like to add that I wasn’t by any means putting down the HEV70 amp. You guys are correct that when on and playing for a few hours it opens up and smoothes out. I am just a valve fanatic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by catscratch
Any comparisons vs. that SR-404? Pricewize the HE60/HEV70 would me more akin to the SR-404/SRM-006t rather than the SRM-313, but I'd still very much like to hear the impressions!

The differences I see between the SR-303 and HE60 is that the 303 sound seems to be right at the ears in the midrange and bass frequencies. While the 60’s soundstage deals all frequencies with almost even temperament. The depth and width of the soundstage is just chilling. They remind me of a Martin Logan sound signature with high frequency response surpassing. Now the STAX have about 200+ hrs on them (not all head-time) and have become quite refined. The 60 are brand new so I can only imagine what lies ahead. It’s just amazing how different these three setups sound!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back