The HD590's sound better than the K701's am I crazy?
Oct 10, 2011 at 1:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mkhdf1985

New Head-Fier
A friend of mine gave me his old Sennheiser HD590's and compared to the K701 headphones I've had for a year, I think in every way these cheaper and older headphones sound better. I can can listen at loud levels without getting any distortion on the 590's and there is way more bass and crispness. They also sound more powerful. I was using them through a creek OBH-11SE and a Ipod touch. I will say that I'm not the best judge about sound reproduction but there is a clear difference when listening to both of them that I think anyone would be able to tell. I know everyone will disagree with me but I hope someone will be on my side. 

Oct 10, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #2 of 4
HD590 are amazing. They are just misunderstood and unlucky that people completely forgot about them. Glad you like them.... they are my very first serious headphones I've ever bought (back in 2002.)

Oct 10, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #3 of 4
The hd590 are good but always felt they had a wee bit more bass than I want and a wee bit less treble than I need. I remember reading that there are improvements to be had from replacing the stock cable, but the 2.5mm plug I ordered were too fat so I ended up putting that project off.

Oct 10, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #4 of 4
You just prefer the HD590s sound signature. The K701s definitely aren't everyone's cup of tea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back