The hate on beats, why?
May 27, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #946 of 1,217
Er....what the heck are you talking about?

The video I posted is the UrAvgConsumer's top 6 beats headphones, NOT mine - I just thought it may be of interest, on topic etc

What's wrong with you already? :p  :D  :wink:

This confusion reminds me of Fred the bail bondsman soundboard prank call video's - lol :D

"Wow...

...is this how you get out of your responsibilities, is this the way you act?...

are you drinking or taking drugs right now....you and I have got on along fine and I don't know why this is happening..."

Here's some pics I've just taken of light blue monochromatic solo HD's in smaller pic format, after a moderator deleted one of my prior posts due to people complaining it made thread hard to read.

that's because you use a crazy high resolution camera lol... And I think I just found possibly THE coolest headphone I have ever seen... This is a real contender for beats and v-moda in looks...
I-Mego_Throne_1.jpg
also, there's 51st studios by accidentally extraordinary:
0.jpg
both of these are so cool looking. The first headphone was the I-Mego Throne... Btw, both of these headphones are around 100$.

May 27, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #947 of 1,217
I never said the video was yours.  I know who UrAverageConsumer is.  I've seen a few of his videos before.

One thing I just remembered is, aren't the new Solo HD's and Studio's one of the new headphones made by Beats Electronics after their deal with Monster (read, them ripping off Monster) finally ended? 

Yeah, the monochromatic colour range solo HD's and Studio 2.0's are after Monster's contract expired and everything from that point was Beats LLC.

Monster didn't get ripped off by anybody but themselves, namely Monsters owners son who unauthorised behind dads back millions on beats R&D - beats just took up a contract offer that Monster had previously declined but then returned to accept after owners son had blown millions away in expenditure to his fathers shock who then needed to reclaim the outlay his son had blown.

Monsters beats contract made up 60% of their annual turnover and had they been given the chance to renew contract - you can beats they would have bitten dre's hands off :tongue_smile:

May 27, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #948 of 1,217
that's because you use a crazy high resolution camera lol... And I think I just found possibly THE coolest headphone I have ever seen... This is a real contender for beats and v-moda in looks...
I-Mego_Throne_1.jpg
also, there's 51st studios by accidentally extraordinary:
0.jpg
both of these are so cool looking.

I've watched a YT video review on the first picture cans - they are meant to look like old style chrome microphones and called something microphone related from what I can remember.

I like the bottom pic wood ear cup cans also - this design is also very similar to manufacturer Griffin.

May 27, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #949 of 1,217
I've watched a YT video review on the first picture cans - they are meant to look like old style chrome microphones and called something microphone related from what I can remember.

I like the bottom pic wood ear cup cans also - this design is also very similar to manufacturer Griffin.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as the saying goes. I quite like the Griffins but those other cans are hideous imo. For me VModa make the best looking 'phones. Reckon I'll go for some M-100s next if they audition well.

May 27, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #950 of 1,217
I-Mego_Throne_1.jpg

These look so extremely cool, if I'd ever start a headphone collection (which I'm positive I will in the future) these are a must have.

May 27, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #953 of 1,217

This guys got some pretty cool looking custom colorware pros

These look nice yeah, but just a quick question..
Do they put the cable upside down on purpose, or are they just that stupid? I mean c'mon, here's a friggin lock mechanism made in these for a reason.

May 27, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #955 of 1,217
Maybe that how he and his crew roll that way - to not conform to the norm maybe his rule of cool?
cool.gif

yea man!  Never conform to what the MAN wants you to, man.............now come over here and smoke this maaaan.

Colorware make amazing products but they're so damn expensive.  Maybe after college I'll own something Colorware.............along with a black-diamond watch.....and black-diamond Beats.  #swag lol

May 27, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #956 of 1,217
yea man!  Never conform to what the MAN wants you to, man.............now come over here and smoke this maaaan.

Colorware make amazing products but they're so damn expensive.  Maybe after college I'll own something Colorware.............along with a black-diamond watch.....and black-diamond Beats.  #swag lol

The I MEGO throne's are cans I'd like to see Tyll Hertsens review - he champions lower end price point cans and has made review already of the Accidentally Extraordinary 51st Studio can.

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/QL1G3ZgTdJQ[/VIDEO]​

Tyll reminds me of Yoda in as much he is in his field of expertise DEEP as Yoda is with the force (lol) - Tyll is so deep in frequency response charts he's on the ocean floor already, where it's pitch black :D

They say that the term megahertz was actually derived from Tyll's surname - hertsens only changing the "s" to a "z" so as to get around royalty fees should Tyll have come collecting :D

One of the good guys in the can industry for sure :cool:

May 27, 2014 at 8:34 PM Post #958 of 1,217
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as the saying goes. I quite like the Griffins but those other cans are hideous imo. For me VModa make the best looking 'phones. Reckon I'll go for some M-100s next if they audition well.

The crossfade m-100's are stellar as are the XS - v-moda are the Versace of head cans :D only with a bullet proof build (no pun intended) RIP Gianni Versace

May 27, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #959 of 1,217
I can't speak for the sound, but those Throne headphones LOOK absolutely putrid. The wood ones are okay at best. 

My favourite wood ear cans by far is the awesome Audio Technica ATH-W1000X - not only do they look beautiful, IMO, but the sound is to die for - the sound is so airy and soundstage so big, you could easily be mistaken into thinking you were listening to open back cans not closed :)

CLICK ON IMAGE FOR HIGHER RESOLUTION PIC

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/PSsU2jjq4GI[/VIDEO]​

Wonder if Apple dabble in beats brand future models leaning towards the audiophile crowd, or just look to go for direct streaming of music directly into future models headphones, which is pretty much why I'd speculate their interest in buying beats is for - direct streaming to cans?

May 27, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #960 of 1,217
WOOD DETECTED
 ​
SUBMITTING PHOTOS FROM WOOD HEADPHONE COLLECTION NOW
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​