The hate on beats, why?
May 21, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #676 of 1,217
  I don't think any changes were made to the headphones themselves during the Monster->non-Monster changeover. All Beats did was remove the Monster branding, and it wasn't until the Studio 2.0 that it did actually change. There wouldn't be any point in changing them, since all they had to do was remove the branding.

And some of the accessoires haha, but it must be that they were brand new when I compared them.

May 21, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #677 of 1,217
  And some of the accessoires haha, but it must be that they were brand new when I compared them.

Yeah, those too. The Studios no longer included an airplane adapter, and the Pros got an extra cable with an inline remote I think. The Monster Pros only came with the coiled cable. Also, their new 1/4 inch adapter:
Old:

New:

It doesn't work with larger mini-jacks anymore because it's recessed.

May 21, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #678 of 1,217
  Yeah, those too. The Studios no longer included an airplane adapter, and the Pros got an extra cable with an inline remote I think. The Monster Pros only came with the coiled cable. Also, their new 1/4 inch adapter:
Old:

New:

It doesn't work with larger mini-jacks anymore because it's recessed.

Are those for the Pros? Hmm, IIRC the ones I got looked different. In fact, those look a lot like the ones that came with the Studios (or was it the Executive?). 

May 21, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #681 of 1,217
  Are those for the Pros? Hmm, IIRC the ones I got looked different. In fact, those look a lot like the ones that came with the Studios (or was it the Executive?). 

The Pros are the only exception - they still have the screw-in type. But yes, both the Studios and the Executives use that new adapter.

The only beats headphone that can be called a HEADPHONE is Beats Pro

Watch out, we've got another ignorant pseudo-audiophile here. 

There isn't anything special about the term "headphone", nor is there any special reason not to call any pair of Beats a "headphone", unless of course it's an IEM, in which case it is not a headphone, but an earphone.

These are not headphones:

These are headphones:

Whether Beats are a "good headphone" or a "studio monitor" is a different story. They're definitely not the latter, because most professional studios use Sony monitor headphones or active nearfield monitors. "Good" depends on the user. You can't change a person's taste on what genre of music they think is "good". Doing so is no better than forcing your own religion upon others.

May 21, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #682 of 1,217
May 21, 2014 at 8:34 PM Post #683 of 1,217
is apple buying beats ?
if they do they should integrate a ipod inside the beat headphone 

and launch it alongside an iwatch that would be use as a controller for the ibeat
so no need for cable (annoying) and no need of streaming (low quality)

May 21, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #684 of 1,217
despite the hate on  beats, theyve managed some positive.  theyve gotten full sized headphones out of your dad's basement and into the public sphere.  theyve made it known that there can be headphones out there better than earbuds.  theyve gotten people used to the idea of dropping 300 on quality headphones (not necessarily them, but for most people before beats, 300 was crazy talk for headphones) and in turn have probably helped akg/denon/grados whatever.  theyve made aesthetics reasonably important.  it doesnt matter on the surface, but everyone likes cool looking headphones.  and it seems like the makers we like around here have gotten the message.

people hate, but there has probably been some collateral helping for the rest if us as well.

May 21, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #685 of 1,217
  despite the hate on  beats, theyve managed some positive.  theyve gotten full sized headphones out of your dad's basement and into the public sphere.  theyve made it known that there can be headphones out there better than earbuds.  theyve gotten people used to the idea of dropping 300 on quality headphones (not necessarily them, but for most people before beats, 300 was crazy talk for headphones) and in turn have probably helped akg/denon/grados whatever.  theyve made aesthetics reasonably important.  it doesnt matter on the surface, but everyone likes cool looking headphones.  and it seems like the makers we like around here have gotten the message.

people hate, but there has probably been some collateral helping for the rest if us as well.

^This is the reality that most people choose to blindly ignore.

May 21, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #686 of 1,217

To be sure...a rising tide lifts all boats.  Although the 'serious' audiophile would never admit it.  

Honestly, when I see someone with Beats on, head boppin, I can't help but smile.  Reminds me of blasting The Who or Hendrix through my car stereo or my JBLs in my room as a kid.

images

May 21, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #688 of 1,217
To be sure...a rising tide lifts all boats. Although the 'serious' audiophile would never admit it.

Honestly, when I see someone with Beats on, head boppin, I can't help but smile. Reminds me of blasting The Who or Hendrix through my car stereo or my JBLs in my room as a kid.

images

The thing is, I laugh internally whenever I see people wearing Beats Solos/Studios the wrong way round, when they've been designed to comfortably fit the right way round. They don't know how much of a dingus they look like. Also when they're wearing obvious fakes, like a silver Solo HD or a chrome Mixr.

Looks like one of the mods agreed with me.

That thread was going a bit overboard with saying which headphones suck. It was so sudden though.

Last edited:
May 21, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #690 of 1,217
  It was a "bashing" thread anyways. 

So you can bash a brand here only if it's asking "Why do people hate _____?", then bash it in that thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back