The hate on beats, why?
May 22, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #706 of 1,217

it sounds like you guys are surrounded by cartoon characters.  lol.  

honestly, what did you expect though?  he dropped 300 big on these headphones, and you're intent to is to essentially show him he wasted his money.  people tend to get wonky like that.  

Id be lucky to find someone in reality that actually cared about headphones that much, period.  let alone what brands you're rocking.

Well considering that I've been flamed for trying to recommend headphones that I own by a person who has never listened to them, I'd say there are pretty wacky people out there. You just don't see them IRL because they can't hide behind anonymity.

May 22, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #707 of 1,217

it sounds like you guys are surrounded by cartoon characters.  lol.  

honestly, what did you expect though?  he dropped 300 big on these headphones, and you're intent to is to essentially show him he wasted his money.  people tend to get wonky like that.  

Id be lucky to find someone in reality that actually cared about headphones that much, period.  let alone what brands you're rocking.

Haha, they're not much different from cartoon characters if you look at it that way.
Yeah, he did drop 300 on them, but so did I on my studio's, and 549 on my detox's! And I never said to him that the headphone in total is bad, just that it isn't great for mixing.
I've got this one dude who knows a bit about headphones (He owns a HD598 himself) but that's it. Nobody else of my friends seem to really care about headphones, or think that beats/SMS street/bose/v-moda are the best.

May 22, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #708 of 1,217
  im fascinated that people have such defenses over other peoples bank accounts.

It's simple validation, and it's why people get so mad at others for thinking Beats are great: it infuriates them that other people don't recognize how superior their headphones are. Someone talking to a Beats fanatic has zero interest in "educating" that person, because that person is perfectly happy with what they own. What the "audiophile" is attempting to do is assert their superiority by knocking that Beats acolyte off his high horse and saying "you see? MY headphones are BETTER than yours!"

That's why Beats get such hate, for the most part. There is a small contingency who see Beats as "stealing" the business of better brands, but these people are just incorrect. The reality is that thanks to Beats (and, to a lesser extent, Skullcandy and V-Moda) bringing expensive headphones out of the hobbyist specialty store and into Best Buy, they've turned high quality mobile audio into something for the average consumer to put money into. How many people now do you think own Sennheiser, Audeze, Final Audio, Stax, Westone, HiFiman, or Shure thanks to the doors being blown open of spending $300+ on headphones? Think of how many on this VERY FORUM admit that they initially had Beats and Skullcandy as teens.

Sometimes I really honestly do think people, for all their audiophilia, are into the hobby for reasons other than maximizing their personal enjoyment of music. I have my PH6 and I think they're the mutt's nuts, but if someone says they like something else better I don't see any reason to fight with them over it. If I win... what? I just made someone feel bad about something they had previously enjoyed. If I lose, then I just looked like a dipstick for no good reason. 

May 22, 2014 at 4:37 PM Post #709 of 1,217
  Haha, they're not much different from cartoon characters if you look at it that way.
Yeah, he did drop 300 on them, but so did I on my studio's, and 549 on my detox's! And I never said to him that the headphone in total is bad, just that it isn't great for mixing.
I've got this one dude who knows a bit about headphones (He owns a HD598 himself) but that's it. Nobody else of my friends seem to really care about headphones, or think that beats/SMS street/bose/v-moda are the best.

You do realize that two V-MODA products are on Tyll's Wall of Fame, yes? 
cool.gif

May 22, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #710 of 1,217

You do realize that two V-MODA products are on Tyll's Wall of Fame, yes? 
cool.gif

Well I shouldn't judge without hearing them, but from what I've read most people said they are overpriced.. Sorry if I'm wrong!

May 22, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #711 of 1,217
The only beats headphone that can be called a HEADPHONE is Beats Pro

I like my beats pro for sure, but the beats mixr is also just as credible IMO.

If you consider what the mixr is designed for (DJ use) it does an outstanding job at covering pretty much all bases :cool:

Pity Tyll hasn't reviewed the mixr beats :frowning2:

May 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #712 of 1,217
  The only beats headphone that can be called a HEADPHONE is Beats Pro

Keep in mind that the quality of Beats headphones tends to vary between one-another. The Studios are not as bad as the Solo HDs. Their performance is polarizing.
Pity Tyll hasn't reviewed the mixr beats
frown.gif

Does Monster even send him products anymore? After he ripped apart the Beats Solo HD, I think he made their PR blacklist.

May 22, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #713 of 1,217
Keep in mind that the quality of Beats headphones tends to vary between one-another. The Studios are not as bad as the Solo HDs. Their performance is polarizing.
Does Monster even send him products anymore? After he ripped apart the Beats Solo HD, I think he made their PR blacklist.

Beats are separate from Monster now, but since Tyll did the hilarious solo HD review, he's reviewed the pro's by themselves and original beats Studio's in part of a comparative review of high end noise cancelling headphones.

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/dLLgx695bNA[/VIDEO]
[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/YDPVryZ773w]​

Tyll also reviewed the original Studio's as part of a celebrity death match headphone review in which he directs you on his YouTube video to his innerfidelity site (http://bit.ly/1ktYhOg) as content is too big to cover for video.

May 22, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #714 of 1,217
Beats are separate from Monster now, but since Tyll did the hilarious solo HD review, he's reviewed the pro's by themselves and original beats Studio's in part of a comparative review of high end noise cancelling headphones.

Tyll also reviewed the original Studio's as part of a celebrity death match headphone review in which he directs you on his YouTube video to his innerfidelity site (http://bit.ly/1ktYhOg) as content is too big to cover for video.

Hmmm, I knew he reviewed them, but I wasn't sure if he was sent a review sample by Beats/Monster.

May 22, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #715 of 1,217
  Well I shouldn't judge without hearing them, but from what I've read most people said they are overpriced.. Sorry if I'm wrong!

Best deal in my stable of headphones...$40 for M80s...listen to them as much if not more than the DT1350s

May 22, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #716 of 1,217
Hmmm, I knew he reviewed them, but I wasn't sure if he was sent a review sample by Beats/Monster.

I think he gets review sets on loan from the store he used to own, Headroom, in Bozeman, Montana.

Yeah, I don't think beats have Tyll on their loaner/reviewer list, even though it's only the first model of beats solo that he's really ever cut into out of the beats he has reviewed :D

The only other headphone I've seen Tyll rip into is the ULTRASONE Edition 10 which retail over $2500 USD.

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/L34S4Tt1EuQ[/VIDEO]​

May 22, 2014 at 7:32 PM Post #717 of 1,217

People say everything popular is overpriced. Unless a headphone is $50 it's gonna get called overpriced by someone. 

May 22, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #720 of 1,217
I like my beats pro for sure, but the beats mixr is also just as credible IMO.

If you consider what the mixr is designed for (DJ use) it does an outstanding job at covering pretty much all bases
cool.gif

Pity Tyll hasn't reviewed the mixr beats
frown.gif

Are those the Neon ones? They look nice!

People say everything popular is overpriced. Unless a headphone is $50 it's gonna get called overpriced by someone. 

That's because people are poor. I got my Sony MDR-10R for $53 and it came with a free headphone stand. Can't complain, although the headphone stand was a bit of a gimmick. Since I actually use the headphones, they don't spend much time on the stand.

It's perfect for a bimbo headphone though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back