The hate on beats, why?
May 20, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #662 of 1,217
they must have changed their rules I guess
I wish I could send in something other than a bunch of crap, and a summit-fi headphone I can't afford because I'm 15...

May 20, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #663 of 1,217
  they must have changed their rules I guess

You know, if you order your HD 800s directly from Colorware and have them paint it, it's actually cheaper than buying your own and sending them in. Laugh. Of course, I guess you could always buy them second-hand, which is something that I see a lot of people doing.

Colorware disappoints me because they only seem to have painting options for Beats and other large brands. They don't even paint any of the more affordable Sennheiser headphones. I know that's sort of a moot point since Colorware's service is - in and of itself - a luxury, but I mean, if they're going to get Sennheiser authorization, they might as well paint HD 558s, too.

I mean really, Beats just aren't that great. Not for the price. I applaud them for making people more open-minded to spending more money on audio equipment, but go figure that it takes a rapper's name and nigh-limitless marketing budget to make something popular.

You could do worse, though... like Street by 50... *Shudder*

May 20, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #664 of 1,217
You know, if you order your HD 800s directly from Colorware and have them paint it, it's actually cheaper than buying your own and sending them in. Laugh. Of course, I guess you could always buy them second-hand, which is something that I see a lot of people doing.

Colorware disappoints me because they only seem to have painting options for Beats and other large brands. They don't even paint any of the more affordable Sennheiser headphones. I know that's sort of a moot point since Colorware's service is - in and of itself - a luxury, but I mean, if they're going to get Sennheiser authorization, they might as well paint HD 558s, too.

I mean really, Beats just aren't that great. Not for the price. I applaud them for making people more open-minded to spending more money on audio equipment, but go figure that it takes a rapper's name and nigh-limitless marketing budget to make something popular.

SMS street= studio mastered sound lol. THEY MUST BE AMAZING!!! They even invented a new thingy that transmits 16 bit lossless audio sound through wireless! :D lol. Joking aside, here is the most ridiculous article ever from a website that is more biased than fox news: http://gizmodo.com/5877962/why-people-love-beats-by-dre-headphones

May 20, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #665 of 1,217
  That's exactly the problem yeah. Every day I get multiple people mailing me "What?! 350 euro's!? Here's someone selling them for 100! Did you make a typo?"

Thanks for wishing me luck.
Oh and the serial number? It's a huge joke. You can put anything in there that's 10 digits, like HFRULES123. Just give it a try haha.

http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/audio-tv-en-foto/koptelefoons-en-headsets/m810264169-beats-by-dre-pro-detox-origineel-compleet-met-bon.html?c=8c285449651fa109c354bbabe740c1b&previousPage=lr

This is my advertisement (I have it on multiple sites, but this one seems to attract the most people). It's all in dutch so you probably won't get it, but take a look at the pictures, they're great pictures right?! I even have a picture of the invoice!

I think Beats stopped actually checking their serial numbers since they broke up with Monster. A few years ago when you checked your Beats serial number on Monster's website, you couldn't just enter a random one - it actually shows up as an invalid number. But now, I don't think the new beats have a serial number on the headphone anymore. My non-Monster Studios don't, and neither do my Executives. 

The packaging looks pretty real to me; the clear plastic shell that encases the headphone is well defined. Most fakes can't make it that well.
All looks good to me, nice pics though I can't read the invoice, but it shows your clear intent that they are originals. Maybe some shots of the cans more closer up and what condition would you regard them in? - if pristine then state it, or if any minor scuffs state this too with pics so people can see for themselves - all goes to reinforce you are selling genuine product.

Unsure why you couldn't register your Detox's - I registered mine without any probs?

All I can suggest is stand your ground with people who shout down your asking price and push the fact that yours are the real deal and not cheap fakes that of course get sold cheaply, if they want fakes then they got the wrong place. That's my approach anyway if in your position
smily_headphones1.gif

One of the detox's is a real one, and it doesn't show a picture.
The one with a picture is a regular beats pro I used to own.

Yeah, I've had a beats account for some time now - here's a screen shot of how it registers my Detox (I've covered the serial number in case fake beats spies could use it to take over the universe
biggrin.gif
)

My serial code is 10 digits only made up from numbers and letters.

It's crap that beats registering accepts anything you give it though - what's the point otherwise?

Surely there's got to be a way for genuine registered beats cans to be authenticated - but that's what registering is supposed to achieve?

God knows why beats registering accepts any old made up serial code - I've no idea, but seems a farce that needs sorting out by them
mad.gif

What's weird is that not all my beats cans registered have a picture beside them, including my Detox, but I bought them all from registered suppliers beats recommend on their site (Apple store etc)?

Got my detox online from authorised beats seller Selfridges (http://bit.ly/1jA1Wva)

What a joke
mad.gif

Interesting... But I need them made of the exact same materials as the real thing... Are they? I can't see it. Won't load on mobile.
frown.gif

The Pros are rarely made with the exact same materials. The earcups are usually made of plastic painted in metallic silver paint.

Disagree. There has been an elaborate effort in stopping shipments to their key western markets. Confiscated containers, the china market websites filter out beats, they ship single products in extra wrapped packaging and whatnot.

Pretty sure they will have multiple employees working on this on a daily basis.

The problem is (my assumption/speculation) is that it will be hard to stop this, as with most things from China, the western company (in this case Beats) doesn't actually set up shop with their own factories, they outsource it to contractors that already have the production lines and man power, probably across multiple sites, (high volume products) so a design is easily leaked along with the equipment. It wouldn't suprise me if some of the fakes actually use the same drivers as the original.

Also happened to V-Moda with the LP.

If you don't make your products there you probably wont see fakes. Senns HD25 a classic made in Ireland, no fakes. Same goes for higher end AKG's, Beyerdynamics etc..

As soon as you move production to china, fakes sneak up on you again, Senns Momentum.... (although that one is horrifically bad :D)

But I think the Bose QC15 and old Beats Studio measured the same as original. So the chinese fakers don't completly loose the plot, I think it is quite a sophisticated operation and Beats will most likely have resources aimed at reducing this.

We should travel to Shenzhen some day and find out whats going on in the headphone business :D

I bet things like this go out every few days:

http://gbcinternetenforcement.net/files/caseNo-14-cv-2865/COMPLAINT.PDF

Beats are only allowed to be imported from overseas by the respective country's distributor. Any other methods, whether they are real or fake, will be considered as counterfeits if caught by customs. 

May 20, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #666 of 1,217

I love your dp by the way:

Rikka with two eyepatches!

May 20, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #667 of 1,217
May 20, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #668 of 1,217
May 20, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #669 of 1,217
Well, I love black butler, persona 4 (

May 20, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #670 of 1,217
And why did half of that not post????... I'm too lazy to repost it...

May 20, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #671 of 1,217
I typed in 69yourmomm as a serial number for beats pro detox, screen shotted it, then posted it to Facebook explaining what it is. :D and then got a million What comments.

May 20, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #672 of 1,217
I typed in 69yourmomm as a serial number for beats pro detox, screen shotted it, then posted it to Facebook explaining what it is.
biggrin.gif
and then got a million What comments.

Screenshot those comments!

May 20, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #673 of 1,217
Screenshot those comments!
I upload to Facebook to share here, so screenshots of Facebook... Being uploaded to Facebook... Hmm... Nah. I'd prefer not to be ridiculous. (says guy with e11 and akg k240's as portable rig. :D)

May 21, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #674 of 1,217
  I think Beats stopped actually checking their serial numbers since they broke up with Monster. A few years ago when you checked your Beats serial number on Monster's website, you couldn't just enter a random one - it actually shows up as an invalid number. But now, I don't think the new beats have a serial number on the headphone anymore. My non-Monster Studios don't, and neither do my Executives. 

The packaging looks pretty real to me; the clear plastic shell that encases the headphone is well defined. Most fakes can't make it that well.

The Pros are rarely made with the exact same materials. The earcups are usually made of plastic painted in metallic silver paint.

Beats are only allowed to be imported from overseas by the respective country's distributor. Any other methods, whether they are real or fake, will be considered as counterfeits if caught by customs. 

All I have are monster beats, I got a studio, a pro (not anymore), and a pro detox. I used to own a beats pro all red lil wayne for about a month, but I don't remember if here was a serial on it.. The paint chipped off within a week anyways, and they weren't even fake..
Just to throw it in here, I found here to be a very small difference in sound between a monster pro, and the non monster pro. Although it's possible that it has to do with burn-in. The difference was very, VERY small though.

You're right about the pro's rarely being made with the same materials. I once got scammed by someone selling a fake detox (got my money back though, never knew here existed something as 'internet police' but it saved me a lot of money). It was a high quality fake, the aluminium feel was the same, the sound quality was almost the same (Only when amped I could hear a difference, using losless files) but the pleather felt different. The real one is very plushy and feels extremely soft. The fake one felt really stiff, but the comfort didn't change much because of it.
And every fake pro/pro detox I've seen so far looks pretty bad..

May 21, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #675 of 1,217
  All I have are monster beats, I got a studio, a pro (not anymore), and a pro detox. I used to own a beats pro all red lil wayne for about a month, but I don't remember if here was a serial on it.. The paint chipped off within a week anyways, and they weren't even fake..
Just to throw it in here, I found here to be a very small difference in sound between a monster pro, and the non monster pro. Although it's possible that it has to do with burn-in. The difference was very, VERY small though.

You're right about the pro's rarely being made with the same materials. I once got scammed by someone selling a fake detox (got my money back though, never knew here existed something as 'internet police' but it saved me a lot of money). It was a high quality fake, the aluminium feel was the same, the sound quality was almost the same (Only when amped I could hear a difference, using losless files) but the pleather felt different. The real one is very plushy and feels extremely soft. The fake one felt really stiff, but the comfort didn't change much because of it.
And every fake pro/pro detox I've seen so far looks pretty bad..

I don't think any changes were made to the headphones themselves during the Monster->non-Monster changeover. All Beats did was remove the Monster branding, and it wasn't until the Studio 2.0 that it did actually change. There wouldn't be any point in changing them, since all they had to do was remove the branding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back