The hate on beats, why?
Jan 13, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #61 of 1,217
Quote:
 i know i wont command alot of respect as a new user with beats BUT DAMMM i look good with them on :wink:

No. No you do not. 

None of you do. I see people wearing beats, I laugh or feel pity. 

Poor people. So desperate for attention. 

Please learn to spell, and do list or prove ownership of aforementioned other headphones, so that we may see what we are dealing with. 

Also, I must wonder why you appear to have signed up and made your first and ONLY post to try to defend bad headphones in a thread about how people are so incredibly frustrated or otherwise entertained by others doing EXACTLY what you've just done. ("Calling us out")

6.5/10, would laugh at again.

Jan 13, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #62 of 1,217
Quote:
i really do hate how people can diss beats, granted they ent the best audio manufacturer but they are far from the bottom, and compared to price range on some of the headphones i aspire to buy they are far from expensive. i own a pair of beats solos HDs among sennheiser cans and buds and i have to say the beats are quite impressive, but id like you to bear in mind i amplify all my headphones using Fiio amps, i know i wont command alot of respect as a new user with beats BUT DAMMM i look good with them on :wink:

10/10
head fi needs more of these funny posts 

Jan 14, 2013 at 5:11 AM Post #63 of 1,217
We dont hate beats, we just dont love them 
blink.gif

Jan 14, 2013 at 7:10 AM Post #64 of 1,217
For $300 my ultrasone pro 900's completly obliterate a beats pro and has the same v-shaped sound. An $80 cal can still hold its own against a beats pro and give you the same v-shaped sound!

Jan 14, 2013 at 8:23 AM Post #65 of 1,217
Quote:
i really do hate how people can diss beats, granted they ent the best audio manufacturer but they are far from the bottom, and compared to price range on some of the headphones i aspire to buy they are far from expensive. i own a pair of beats solos HDs among sennheiser cans and buds and i have to say the beats are quite impressive, but id like you to bear in mind i amplify all my headphones using Fiio amps, i know i wont command alot of respect as a new user with beats BUT DAMMM i look good with them on :wink:

Sometimes I wonder how many people are really into sound quality rather than look in this forum. I do believe Beats looks nice, but the only thing they say about you is that you don't care anything about music, only the way you look, people around you wonder if they are originals (after all, those are the most counterfeited headphones after sennheiser cx300ii)

Jan 14, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #66 of 1,217
Quote:
One more datum for your chart

-Owned 2 pairs of Sennheiser's
-Loving my HD 595's for the last 1,5 years
-First Semester of college, after never finishing highschool (no school in 3 years, half of what most come in with)
-B's
-only people I saw/heard complaining of poor grades/hard courses (which were all easy) were Beats/Apple owners

99.8% of the headphones I see on campus are one of 4 things too, Bose, Beats, SOUL, or stock buds.

I don't care for the beats at all because I feel like, after everything I've heard/seen/tried/, the beats are ~100-150 dollars overpriced for their sound. Not to mention, almost every single person I've seen wearing/defending them has never researched anything else, and looks/sounds/acts like a completely mindless tool. 

I don't like the SOUL's either, though I'm not sure what specific model it was I had tried. The price wasn't terrible but I had tried them on in a campus bookstore, running off my Galaxy S3.... The sound was unimpressive. I heard mud. Mud everywhere. They were just dull and unenjoyable. And they weren't all that comfortable either. Much better in price, so I'm slightly more accepting.

This'll be somewhat of a tangent... but oh well. If you're only referring to the way there might be cheaper and better MP3 players than the iPhone or iPod then that's arguably a fair point and the rest of this post isn't necessary to read, but if you're referring to Apple in general (which it sounds like when you simply say "Apple"), then that's somewhat problematic. I tend to agree with people that know much of anything about sound that dislike Beats and Bose for promoting marketing over R&D because they rip off consumers. But people seem to assume that because Apple sells higher priced products with solid advertisement that their products are bad just like Beats and Bose. Bottom line is that's basically untrue. The consistency and user experience across its products are mostly fair for the price. You can't really say the same for many Beats and Bose products.

If you want to talk about anecdotal references as support for your criticisms of Apple owners, maybe consider the people you're sampling. At the UC I attend, many people own Apple products, and I don't think most of them would be failing classes that often. Furthermore, during my few years studying Computer Engineering, many students had Macs as their personal computers, including teaching assistants and instructors, people working with OS's and low-level computer programming, etc. 

--

Bottom line, I've been around these forums for years (new account) and noticed many users say similar things (not just your post), but you pay too much for inferior Beats and Bose products and an image. You pay more for Apple products for an arguably superior user experience. Oftentimes when people criticize Apple, it's because it's the "cool" thing to do, not because they know what they're really talking about. You can build computers for much cheaper, but good luck building a user experience that matches Apple's. It's fine if people don't like Apple products because not everyone does, and they're not perfect products, but it looks bad when people assume Apple is the same as Beats and Bose, because then it just seems like they're doing it to criticize every company that advertises and sells at higher price points. Higher prices obviously do not = better products (see Beats and Bose), but it also doesn't = bad product every time (see Apple).

Jan 14, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #67 of 1,217
Quote:

This'll be somewhat of a tangent... but oh well. If you're only referring to the way there might be cheaper and better MP3 players than the iPhone or iPod then that's arguably a fair point and the rest of this post isn't necessary to read, but if you're referring to Apple in general (which it sounds like when you simply say "Apple"), then that's somewhat problematic. I tend to agree with people that know much of anything about sound that dislike Beats and Bose for promoting marketing over R&D because they rip off consumers. But people seem to assume that because Apple sells higher priced products with solid advertisement that their products are bad just like Beats and Bose. Bottom line is that's basically untrue. The consistency and user experience across its products are mostly fair for the price. You can't really say the same for many Beats and Bose products.

If you want to talk about anecdotal references as support for your criticisms of Apple owners, maybe consider the people you're sampling. At the UC I attend, many people own Apple products, and I don't think most of them would be failing classes that often. Furthermore, during my few years studying Computer Engineering, many students had Macs as their personal computers, including teaching assistants and instructors, people working with OS's and low-level computer programming, etc. 

--

Bottom line, I've been around these forums for years (new account) and noticed many users say similar things (not just your post), but you pay too much for inferior Beats and Bose products and an image. You pay more for Apple products for an arguably superior user experience. Oftentimes when people criticize Apple, it's because it's the "cool" thing to do, not because they know what they're really talking about. You can build computers for much cheaper, but good luck building a user experience that matches Apple's. It's fine if people don't like Apple products because not everyone does, and they're not perfect products, but it looks bad when people assume Apple is the same as Beats and Bose, because then it just seems like they're doing it to criticize every company that advertises and sells at higher price points. Higher prices obviously do not = better products (see Beats and Bose), but it also doesn't = bad product every time (see Apple).

Your experience with Apple seems to be different,  but when the few people that do actually make a reasonable argument along the lines of preferring the UI and such, I can be and am more accepting. 

That said, the majority of what I have seen has been kids (including "kids" in their 20's) buying 2000+ dollar Apple Facebook machines, because it is trendy, in the same fashion as the beats. I cannot count how many people I have seen on MacBooks simply playing facebook games through the entirety of a lecture. Even in a class with no book, where the lecture contained literally everything on the exam. 

I personally don't buy Apple because I feel I can get equal or higher performing products for less money, with more options for upgrading, and MUCH more customization options.  

Once you flash a new ROM without your providers bloat ware, and free of CarrierIQ (which watches and monitors LITERALLY EVERYTHING and is used in iPhone's too!) , Android is my choice. 

Jan 14, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #68 of 1,217
Quote:
Your experience with Apple seems to be different,  but when the few people that do actually make a reasonable argument along the lines of preferring the UI and such, I can be and am more accepting. 

That said, the majority of what I have seen has been kids (including "kids" in their 20's) buying 2000+ dollar Apple Facebook machines, because it is trendy, in the same fashion as the beats. I cannot count how many people I have seen on MacBooks simply playing facebook games through the entirety of a lecture. Even in a class with no book, where the lecture contained literally everything on the exam. 

I personally don't buy Apple because I feel I can get equal or higher performing products for less money, with more options for upgrading, and MUCH more customization options.  

Once you flash a new ROM without your providers bloat ware, and free of CarrierIQ (which watches and monitors LITERALLY EVERYTHING and is used in iPhone's too!) , Android is my choice. 

Apple's product quality is good you know, if not the best...Their products excel in term of both quality and aesthetics, even the customer supports are top notch. On the other hands, Beats products have only looks...not quality. 

Jan 14, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #69 of 1,217
The markup on the hardware of Apple products is downright ludicrous. Maybe their cheapest machines it's justifiable(basically paying a few hundred extra for an OS and a well built computer), but once you get to their higher end stuff and start upgrading that argument isn't really relevant anymore. Sorry but it doesn't make sense for an operating system to increase in price when upgrading your hardware.

Not to mention their monitors. There is absolutely no reason a monitor should cost that much.

Jan 14, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #70 of 1,217
Quote:
The markup on the hardware of Apple products is downright ludicrous. Maybe their cheapest machines it's justifiable(basically paying a few hundred extra for an OS and a well built computer), but once you get to their higher end stuff and start upgrading that argument isn't really relevant anymore. Sorry but it doesn't make sense for an operating system to increase in price when upgrading your hardware.

Not to mention their monitors. There is absolutely no reason a monitor should cost that much.

+1

Jan 14, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #71 of 1,217
Apple's product quality is good you know, if not the best...Their products excel in term of both quality and aesthetics, even the customer supports are top notch. On the other hands, Beats products have only looks...not quality. 

They aren't bad, but I can do better for the money.
What I've seen in phones from them, I have beaten in screen size and quality, durability, price, memory, processing speed, features, daily practicality (use of features), and actual battery life. And anything my android phones weren't able to do on purchase, they quickly had a mod or update for.

PMP's are all right but I was upset at the years I had to deal with every media device and mp3 player being an "ipod" despite brand or people acting as if an ipod was its own separate device with a different function. If you go to rural south west Texas and are offered a soda, it's the same thing. They will ask of you want a coke, from the cooler, and it might be a coke, or a doctor pepper or even a grape soda if you aren't specific. I took the money and bought a cowon O2

And for computers, if you like their UI, great! I'll give you that they have a very consistent and decent performance, but for that money you can build a computer that absolutely dwarfs it.

On that note, let's bring the thread back on topic and agree that beats are terrible.

Jan 14, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #72 of 1,217
I thought I'd derail this thread further and mention that the Macbook Air is actually a very good buy for what it is (an ultrabook). Look at other similarly-priced ultrabooks. None come close in performance or even battery life. Build quality is top notch as well.

Jan 14, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #74 of 1,217
I don't think anyone hates them because they're bad. That doesn't make sense, not to mention there are worse headphones out there. I think the hate is more directed at theirs fans.
For example, most people I've met don't hate Macs, they think they're decent computers, but overpriced. But the fact that almost every Mac owner I've met would rather die than admit they paid too much for a piece of heaven, it evolves into an argument and people say Macs are the worst computers ever. Same thing with Beats, most people who have them go to length's such as "best headphones ever". It's a case where a product's fanbase's attitude generates hate towards the product.

EDIT: ah, this had already derailed into a Macbook analogy without my help

Jan 14, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #75 of 1,217
Quote:
I don't think anyone hates them because they're bad. That doesn't make sense, not to mention there are worse headphones out there. I think the hate is more directed at theirs fans.
For example, most people I've met don't hate Macs, they think they're decent computers, but overpriced. But the fact that almost every Mac owner I've met would rather die than admit they paid too much for a piece of heaven, it evolves into an argument and people say Macs are the worst computers ever. Same thing with Beats, most people who have them go to length's such as "best headphones ever". It's a case where a product's fanbase's attitude generates hate towards the product.

EDIT: ah, this had already derailed into a Macbook analogy without my help

No, I happen to hate the headphones. Upon pressing play they've all instantly given me a feeling of discomfort (from the noise) and disgust. 
The people under them usually earn my discontent for some other reason(s), but not Solely for owning beats. Occasionally you find the mis/under-informed person who received them as a gift or something, and let them try a pair of decent headphones, then tell them they were actually 100 dollars cheaper, and they come realize the scope of Monster's failure. 

I tried to like them, I wanted to. I really did. 
I was excited a few years ago when they started with this. I thought "Well maybe high-end audio will become mainstream and more accepted now!", and you could find more high-end audio equipment at more local and conventional stores. But no, instead it's been bastardized and polluted by these terrible things, and then the fanboy's you've mentioned, to the point where it's almost as futile to explain to them the inferiority of their cheap plastic garbage as trying to tell a D-average 17 year old or an aspiring meth head how stupid and pointless a 3.5 inch full exhaust is on a rusted, dented, no-paint, destroyed interior, held-together-with-bailing-wire-and-sticky-putty, auto transmission base model 98' civic 4 door sedan with destroyed suspension and CV joints that constantly scream in pain. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back