The Greatest Home theatre setup on Earth
Jan 20, 2009 at 1:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

Nocturnal310

Headphoneus Supremus
A discovery on internet...simply mindblowing and nearly unbelievable.

this simply PWNS most premium theatres ...with this one would never need to visit a theatre again in their life....unless they wanna get a reference or make comparisons.

208great.1.jpg

208great.2.jpg

208great.3.jpg

208great.4.jpg

208great.5.jpg

208great.7.jpg

208great.8.jpg

for first few minutes u wont have any words to say..so take your time..let it marinate.

To find out about the owner and how much he spent on it...u can visit the entire article here: Home Theater Design: The Greatest Show on Earth!

at this level..the Movie itself can be a bottleneck..the sound those mortals recorded in the studio..their post processing..the camera, the lighting...so many factors but none his own

Jan 20, 2009 at 3:15 PM Post #3 of 31
hey i was excited..call it the wild enthusiasm.

however the background of the screen could have been covered with curtains to prevent distraction and give better contrast.

Jan 20, 2009 at 3:18 PM Post #4 of 31
4 million USD as I recalled reading about this a while back.

Jan 20, 2009 at 3:19 PM Post #5 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey i was excited..call it the wild enthusiasm.

however the background of the screen could have been covered with curtains to prevent distraction and give better contrast.

That's true, and the audio performance will be enhanced considerably once he decides it's time to use some power cords, interconnects, and speaker cables, and actually connect his matrix of gear together, and plug it all into an outlet or two... hundred.

This is old news in these parts. The same topic has been covered at least twice before. But it's still fun for those who haven't seen it yet, so carry on...

Jan 20, 2009 at 3:49 PM Post #6 of 31
I see that the amp stands being used are the Solid-Tech Rack of Silence mono amp stands, with suspended shelves. However, it looks like only the stock ball bearing supports are being used. For a setup like this, I would expect that the Discs of Silence or (more likely) the Feet of Silence would have been used for each shelf, with a permanently-mounted Disc of Silence on the bottom of each column. At $500 per shelf for the Feet of Silence, plus $50 per shelf for the mounts and $275 per unit for the Discs of Silence at the bottom, this would only raise the price by $825 per amp stand.

Jan 20, 2009 at 3:53 PM Post #7 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister Crash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see that the amp stands being used are the Solid-Tech Rack of Silence mono amp stands, with suspended shelves. However, it looks like only the stock ball bearing supports are being used. For a setup like this, I would expect that the Discs of Silence or (more likely) the Feet of Silence would have been used for each shelf, with a permanently-mounted Disc of Silence on the bottom of each column. At $500 per shelf for the Feet of Silence, plus $50 per shelf for the mounts and $275 per unit for the Discs of Silence at the bottom, this would only raise the price by $825 per amp stand.

Chump change for this guy...

Jan 20, 2009 at 3:56 PM Post #8 of 31
But why.. just why... You cold definetly put it up for rent though, get some money out of it, but not 4million I'm afraid.

Jan 20, 2009 at 4:32 PM Post #9 of 31
its 6 Million USD Approx. if u visited the link.

also the owners photo is shown with his wife ..both enjoying a movie on it.

but i like it...such people explore the possibility of technology..and with their own money so no one was any right to criticise it.

Jan 20, 2009 at 7:22 PM Post #13 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
still think its a bit of a crap sofa

The owner wont make much use of it anyway.
Why?

Cause his audio system have no cables (power, interconnect, speaker, ...)!
popcorn.gif

Jan 20, 2009 at 7:50 PM Post #14 of 31
I still prefer the old movie palaces from the 20s-40s. Even with inexpensive, low-tech (relatively) gear, the experience of seeing a movie in a grand theater is a better experience. Only costs a few bucks and you don't have to clean the popcorn machine after the movie.

Jan 20, 2009 at 9:15 PM Post #15 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still prefer the old movie palaces from the 20s-40s. Even with inexpensive, low-tech (relatively) gear, the experience of seeing a movie in a grand theater is a better experience. Only costs a few bucks and you don't have to clean the popcorn machine after the movie.

Well, if you haven't used it you can't trully now if you would not prefer it. I run across this quite some time ago, I however tend to prefer a more homely set-up such as this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back