The Greatest Home theatre setup on Earth
Jan 20, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #16 of 31
Though the commenter on the bottom does have a point.. couldn't this money be better spend? If I had money in that excess I would give it to people who would really need it (and not for buying another amp if you get my drift haha), if he already does give alot of his money away I take my comment back.

Jan 20, 2009 at 10:08 PM Post #17 of 31
Less is more!

Jan 20, 2009 at 10:32 PM Post #18 of 31
I think it's horribly designed. There's too much clutter. I want to be able to relax! Just to get to the sofa, I'd have to step over a bunch of amps, and when I'm sitting on the sofa, I'd feel trapped and surrounded by equipment!

For 6 million, you can do a lot better than that - quality wise. I think the owner was going for quantity and WOW factor. I have no doubt that those speakers can blow the roof off, but that's not the point of good audio performance.

Jan 20, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #19 of 31
Some people think vinyl is a bother, having to get up every 20 minutes or so.

Can you imagine the hours or days it would take to wire this system before use, not to mention the time to unplug and store all that wire.

I guess if you have that much money you would have a wire butler...
Jeeves it is Wednesday morning, we will be watching a movie Saturday night, see that it is ready

Jan 21, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #21 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvanrij /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Though the commenter on the bottom does have a point.. couldn't this money be better spend? If I had money in that excess I would give it to people who would really need it (and not for buying another amp if you get my drift haha), if he already does give alot of his money away I take my comment back.

This applies to anyone spending their money on hobbies, like you or me or anyone else at head-fi. It just happens that this guy has a LOT of money that could be better spent.

Jan 21, 2009 at 8:38 AM Post #23 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This applies to anyone spending their money on hobbies, like you or me or anyone else at head-fi. It just happens that this guy has a LOT of money that could be better spent.

True, thats why I do spent alot of money on better things and other people.

Jan 21, 2009 at 10:13 PM Post #25 of 31
Hardwood floors cause too much live sound due to reflections of the sound waves. Needs carpeting to add much needed dampening for good sound quality. I used to have hardwood floors and it made my stereo sound like crap.

Jan 22, 2009 at 11:24 AM Post #27 of 31
That is way over-the-top!

This guy/gal must:

A. Really love movies.
B. Really love expensive $#!^
C. All of the above

Just think if this were a recession
wink.gif

Jan 25, 2009 at 6:20 AM Post #28 of 31
my question is, if you're able to go $6 mil in, why not take it "all out", and get one of those 10 or 13 channel Yamaha or Sunfire processors, Wavac (or similarily priced) amps (or at least go for the big mono block mcintosh stuff), and MBL speakers?

I mean, this is already FAR beyond "ridiculous", so why not take it to roughly half a million per channel, with 13 or so channels going?

and yes, I think this kind of show is insane, the 2nd theatre link, with the 802's, was looking nice, until I saw his furniture (looks so blase) and the in-ceilings (which kill the system imho, why not just put 805's or another set of the bipoles on drop stands? he's got the install skill)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back