The Grado RS-2 Thread
Jun 2, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #31 of 79
I've written b4 the rs2 is the sweet spot in the Grado line up in terms of value/sq
They are not as smooth as the rs1 but the extra growl is what I enjoy

Sep 6, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #32 of 79
Just got some rs2is on sale 35% off. A little on the thin side sonically... Burning them in now. Cant wait to see how they flesh out

Sep 7, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #33 of 79
They changed a little. They got a little more defined when I tried them 24 hours after burn in but then I put some electrical tape on the bowls and they are mad right now. Awesome!

Oct 13, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #35 of 79
I've had my RS2e's for a month or so and love them.  I went in knowing what I wanted and what my budget was, so I'm afraid that I can't really compare them to anything else...unless you want to compare them against my iGi IEMs.  I'm afraid that I can't do a comparison to the i series.  That said...

I find them light and comfortable to wear for a couple hours uninterrupted, and I find the detailing to be exquisite.  Actually, I find myself turning the volume down quite a bit as I can hear the faintest details and a pretty low volume.  I'm currently in the market for a tube hybrid amp--probably a Schiit Lyr--and am just using the headphone jack on my receiver, so I'm sure that I've not begun to really unlock their full potential.  In general, I find myself preferring to listen to music with my RS2e's than on my speakers.

Not the best review, I know.  Sorry...

The only upgrade I could see myself doing is moving up to the GS1000's some years down the road...or at least I'd like to give them a try.

Nov 13, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #36 of 79
  Did someone try the RS2e ?

I did 
smile.gif
 , and you know, to me this is my end-of-journey headphone, I don't want any other headphones. Warm, crisp, balanced, full bodied bass, lively vocals, amazing micro detail, right treble, plus 'woody' sound best with 'woody' instrument like cellos..., and truly Grado's sound. If I analogued it with a woman, she has natural warm beauty with a calming smile, not too much make up, with perfect natural sexy body shape, which doesn't boost anything in size, at night I can't resist its temptation and come to her (it) every night, day to day to enjoy its body (sound I mean)
wink.gif
  (note: I paired it with Chord Hugo and use Audioquest Diamond USB, with Jplay as the sound engine and Foobar2k as music interfaces from my laptop) 
smily_headphones1.gif

That's all in my humble opinion.

Cheers.

Nov 13, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #37 of 79

I did 
smile.gif
 , and you know, to me this is my end-of-journey headphone, I don't want any other headphones. Warm, crisp, balanced, full bodied bass, lively vocals, amazing micro detail, right treble, plus 'woody' sound best with 'woody' instrument like cellos..., and truly Grado's sound. If I analogued it with a woman, she has natural warm beauty with a calming smile, not too much make up, with perfect natural sexy body shape, which doesn't boost anything in size, at night I can't resist its temptation and come to her (it) every night, day to day to enjoy its body (sound I mean)
wink.gif
  (note: I paired it with Chord Hugo and use Audioquest Diamond USB, with Jplay as the sound engine and Foobar2k as music interfaces from my laptop) 
smily_headphones1.gif

That's all in my humble opinion.

Cheers.

Thanks for your feedback. 
wink.gif

I have also tried the new RS2e yesterday and in my opinion they are much better than the RS1e.

From all the versions that I have heard so far in the new 'E' serie, I truly think that the RS2e should be considered as the direct replacement of the RS1i.

Nov 16, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #38 of 79

Thanks for your feedback. 
wink.gif

I have also tried the new RS2e yesterday and in my opinion they are much better than the RS1e.

From all the versions that I have heard so far in the new 'E' serie, I truly think that the RS2e should be considered as the direct replacement of the RS1i.

I found the top end on the RS1i a bit too strong for my personal tastes. How would you say the rs2e compares?

Nov 17, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #40 of 79

I think that the the top end of the RS2e is very smooth and present.

But don't forget that with the Grados headphones it's very important to not crank the volume too much...

Yes i do have that issue where i unknowingly increase the music volume as time goes on which ends up with my ears hating them for being shrill lol. Have you personally heard both the RS1e and RS2e?

Nov 17, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #42 of 79

Yes I have heard both headphones last week.

Sadly, the RS1e are the worst Grado headphones that I have heard so far...they are muffled, boring and lifeless with hard-rock and metal music.
frown.gif

Muffled? Seriously? I would have never thought i'd hear anyone say that about a Grado can
confused_face(1).gif
. Did you find the shallow bowls of the RS1e uncomfortable compared with the RS2e?

Nov 18, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #43 of 79

Muffled? Seriously? I would have never thought i'd hear anyone say that about a Grado can
confused_face(1).gif
. Did you find the shallow bowls of the RS1e uncomfortable compared with the RS2e?

I did compare RS2e vs RS1e, and agreed 100% with pfillion, I found RS1e sound muffled. Grado's family is really kind giving us RS2e to be better (best) sounding headphone and cheaper than RS1e.  I think the shallow bowls between RS2e and RS1e is the same, and to me it is comfortable enough, but not the most comfortable headphone, maybe after 2 hours or more, I need to re-adjust the shallow bowls to justify the comfort after that long hours.

Nov 18, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #44 of 79

confused_face(1).gif

Yes unfortunately...

The RS1e that I have tried were so bad that I didn't have the time to notice if they were comfortable or not.  I was at the store for around 1 hour and during that time I have spent 50 minutes with the RS2e and 10 minutes with the RS1e.

Dec 12, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #45 of 79
I'm considering a headphone, besides my AKG K501 for classical music, I listen mainly string quartets and solo piano...you guys think that suits the RS2e?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back