The Grado RS-2 Thread
Aug 28, 2005 at 5:01 AM Post #17 of 79
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I just got one myself and already loving the sound despite minimal burn-in
icon10.gif
. After an audition at my dealer this morning, I just had to get one. The RS-2 sounds like my SR-225, but warmer (I use modded senn pads). Just the way I like it!

Aug 28, 2005 at 5:08 AM Post #18 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins
So...if someone thinks the RS-1s suck, would they think the RS-2 suck even more....or less?
very_evil_smiley.gif
wink.gif

it deoends why they dont like the rs-1's.... the cans are similar in some respects, and diferent in others.... if the person who dosnt like the rs-1 dislikes one of the aspects that happen top be difernt, they may like the rs-2's.... if they dislike one of the similar aspects, i suppose they would not liek the rs-2's either....

its kind of like asking "if i dislike my fordmustang gt, will i like a porsche carerra s?" if you dislike the fact that the mustang is slightly hort of 2/3 of a real sportscar, then you will love the porsche. if you dislike the harsh ride of the mustang, and the abysmal gas mileage, then you will HATE the porsche...

Jan 13, 2009 at 3:31 AM Post #19 of 79
Just got these and I have to say.. like them a lot more over my 225's.. I'm thinking of making the RS-2 a home unit and the 225's a portable unit ... so far I think I prefer the bowls better but maybe after more burn-in I might change my mind

I've A/B'd them against the RS-1 and honestly, I couldn't tell a difference other then a wider soundstage (I assume because the wood cups are thickers on the RS-1) but.. I wouldn't say its really better.. I definetly don't LIKE a wider sound stage better but might be for someone

As for detail, I heard no difference.. the RS-2 do seem 'funner' though .. I couldn't describe it either other then I liked them.. it may have been my subconscious talking considering they were $200 cheaper so that clearly makes it funner but.. whatever.. I love them

Jan 13, 2009 at 3:56 AM Post #20 of 79
I also have to add.. I was just listening to the black sabbath reunion CD encoded in flac.. and Black Sabbath (the song) came on and I think I just creamed myself...

Corda 3MOVE + RS-2 = very good synergy

Jan 13, 2009 at 4:46 AM Post #21 of 79
heard them once. cant wait to be able to buy them

Jan 17, 2009 at 12:35 AM Post #25 of 79
Hi all. I've recently rediscovered my love of music and I've got big plans for my year-end bonus as well as my tax return
beerchug.gif

I know I don't qualify to post in this thread (yet), but since it's new and I'm very interested in upgrading to a premium set of cans I thought this would be a good place for some feedback. I don't want to throw this thread off track though.
Right now I'm enjoying my sr60's a ton (got Rush on right now- Red Barchetta), but I really just want them for late night gaming, not so much just groovin to music.

I love the sound of my Grados and I want to know what some of you folks who have the higher-end models think about their sound for different styles of music.

I like to listen to a fairly wide range. I love fast and hard Rock music but when I really want to "listen" to good music I go to my acoustic tracks: Think, Life by the Drop by Stevie Ray Vaughan or The Eagles Seven Bridges Road. Other notables in my library (in no particular order): Green Day, The Black Eyed Peas, Patsy Cline, Chevelle, The White Stripes, George Jones, Beck, Weezer, ZZ Top to name a few.
I like classical too but I really don't have any "good" classical recordings, so that isn't a priority. I like string quartet pieces more that full-blown orchestral stuff. Jazz isn't my thing at all.
I've been considering the AKG K701's and I've read many good opinions about Dennon and Audio Technica, but I'm not sure if I'd enjoy a closed back design. I like to hear subtle details in the highs (hence my affinity for acoustic performance) so Senn's, from what I've read, may not be for me.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts
icon10.gif

Jan 17, 2009 at 12:51 AM Post #26 of 79
its kind of like asking "if i dislike my fordmustang gt, will i like a porsche carerra s?" if you dislike the fact that the mustang is slightly hort of 2/3 of a real sportscar, then you will love the porsche. if you dislike the harsh ride of the mustang, and the abysmal gas mileage, then you will HATE the porsche...[/QUOTE]

I LOVE that analogy. Nicely done!

Jan 18, 2009 at 4:04 AM Post #27 of 79
I just bought a used rs2 for 330 as I missed my previous rs1. Sounds great for the price i paid for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back