The Grado Revolution.
Jul 1, 2003 at 1:43 PM Post #46 of 98
I agree with tigger about the MS-1s. I've been using them a lot and have been thinking of selling my Senns an buying the MS-2. I just ordered a few Senns replacement pads to experiment with. For $100 the MS-1s are a real bargin.

Jul 1, 2003 at 5:36 PM Post #47 of 98
I'm about to become a full-fledged member of Team Grado as well. A pair of SR200's will be on their way to me any day and I'm really psyched to heard them
smily_headphones1.gif
The RS-1's were great, I'm hoping SR200's will be just as good.

Long Live Team Grado!

Jul 1, 2003 at 5:40 PM Post #48 of 98
Rizumu,
Congrat on your SR-200. Don't forget to write something about it. I'm sure that the SR-200 are one of a kind, and should sound great.

Purk

Jul 1, 2003 at 7:39 PM Post #49 of 98
Quote:

Originally posted by Leo
donovansmith - you sound like a kid in a candy shop - so many choices.
rs1smile.gif
It's true, there are tons of cans with one or more that will bring out something in your music that just brings you to a huge smile. Try as many as you can - the better exposure the better off you are.

Enjoy the music.

That's why it's a good thing there are no good headphone shops around here, or else I'd be joining Team Broke
tongue.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 1, 2003 at 9:00 PM Post #50 of 98
I owned the SR 225 for about six months. There was a sort of "thin presentation" in the mid range that just turned me off. The drums most of all sounded thin to my ears. Great detail though. But the Stax surpases it in detail.

Jul 1, 2003 at 10:58 PM Post #54 of 98
your talking about two completly different sounding headphones.

Jul 1, 2003 at 11:17 PM Post #55 of 98
I know.
smily_headphones1.gif

However, that does not lessen my confusion over what to get for my Gilmore Class A 'Dynamic' amplifier under $400 us.

Unfortunately, I am unaware of any good places to listen to a lot of these different options in the Sacramento, CA area.

I was happy with the HD580 sound-wise but I am very, very annoyed with Sennheiser quality.
frown.gif

Jul 1, 2003 at 11:24 PM Post #56 of 98
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
It looks like the Stax flavor went out of style, and Grados moved in to fill the void. I am glad as the Grados are veyr good cans, and like every other flavor so far will fill a need and niche that no one else can. Too bad this popularity won't bring back the HP-1000s though
frown.gif

danG says get a pair of ms pro's, boy!!
smily_headphones1.gif
*talks like the strange hick he is
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 1, 2003 at 11:33 PM Post #57 of 98
I've jumped off the Grado bandwagon. Traded away my SR40s and rarely use my SR60s. For awhile, I think people were being divided into Grado vs. Sennheiser types, and I seem to be a Senn type since those are the ones I generally gravitate to in any given category (497s over SR60, 280Pro over Sony 7506, PX100 over Portapro, etc.).

I like Grado for sentimental reasons since they're located in Brooklyn a couple of miles from my place.

Also, they get my "geek cool" vote for their styling!
rs1smile.gif

Jul 1, 2003 at 11:39 PM Post #58 of 98
man.. the reason i chose my ms-pro is i just couldn't stand the idea of my games and such sounding dull on the hd 600.. and the beyer wasn't out yet.. someone needs to do a review on the ultrasone hi fi's or whatever they are.

Jul 2, 2003 at 1:00 AM Post #59 of 98
Quote:

Originally posted by MERTON
man.. the reason i chose my ms-pro is i just couldn't stand the idea of my games and such sounding dull on the hd 600.. and the beyer wasn't out yet.. someone needs to do a review on the ultrasone hi fi's or whatever they are.

Hmm, here are two that I found using the SEARCH:

Wow, what a wonderful feature.
-Mag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back