The Grado HF2--It's For Real
Jun 15, 2009 at 3:04 PM Post #1,711 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see no reason to change the cups either. I have discovered that I still prefer bowls over flats.

i suspect i will find the same...though jude did tweet that he preferred flats on the hf2.

Jun 15, 2009 at 3:37 PM Post #1,713 of 2,859
Quote:

I see no reason to change the cups either. I have discovered that I still prefer bowls over flats.

Same here. I've always been a flats person but bowls just give the HF-2 better imaging and bass control. Flats just make it a little congested for my tastes. Of course, this is all in my humble opinion....

Jun 15, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #1,714 of 2,859
Quote:

I have found the same thing. Bowls are less comfortable but I prefer the sound.

Jun 15, 2009 at 4:01 PM Post #1,715 of 2,859
I requested a pretty stupidly high number(4xx) when i placed my order on the first day. If Todd does honor this request, it'll probably delay my order a while.

lol, I'm an idiot.
frown.gif

Jun 15, 2009 at 4:11 PM Post #1,717 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by jota /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This headphone design is so qute!!Great!!
I want also to buy it by all means.

Three more useless posts and you can!

Jun 15, 2009 at 4:40 PM Post #1,719 of 2,859
Hey... even those throwing up "useless" posts for the sake of buying the HF2 are contributing $40 to head-fi whether they want to or not.
smily_headphones1.gif

Maybe a few of them will even stick around and eventually contribute "useful" posts. Only time will tell...

Jun 15, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #1,720 of 2,859
I am really happy that I am not in the states right now waiting for these things to ship. (I am out of the country for anther 2.5 wks) I would be going wait-crazy if I was.

Jun 15, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #1,722 of 2,859
I was not as excited with the original because I did not know it would be as good as it was.

For those with them already. Can we get a AMP list? I think HPA is using an EF2 or similar.

Grawk is using a Duet for Mac.

Anyone else willing to say which AMPS and if any are going AMPless?

Jun 15, 2009 at 5:32 PM Post #1,723 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those with them already. Can we get a AMP list? I think HPA is using an EF2 or similar.

So far I've used both The Menace (see sig) and a little Millett Hybrid MiniMax. Out of the two I prefer the MiniMax. The Menace has a relatively high output impedance (OTL topology) and simply creates an overpowering low end with the HF-2s. Lovers of the DT770 might be a fan, I am not. The MiniMax, by virtue of it's solid state, diamond buffer output stage was a much better match and sounded quite good. But I should have a beta22 done in a couple weeks to give them a shot on as well.

Jun 15, 2009 at 5:49 PM Post #1,724 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was not as excited with the original because I did not know it would be as good as it was.

Grawk is using a Duet for Mac.

Anyone else willing to say which AMPS and if any are going AMPless?

I'll be using my Apogee Duet too. Not that you care since :sniff: I don't have :sniff: my Gwwwwaaaaaaados yet.

Jun 15, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #1,725 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by jota /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This headphone design is so qute!!Great!!
I want also to buy it by all means.

I'd say the more the merrier Jota! Keep those posts coming and you'll be able to join the HF-2 family, as long as they don't become abusive
biggrin.gif
. We were all newbies once, including the Headphoneus Supremus (supremi for pleural? )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back