The Grado HF2--It's For Real
May 22, 2009 at 8:15 AM Post #586 of 2,859
It's nice to have something to speculate about other than the HD800, isn't it? I'm just happy that I'll get to see, touch, and hear the HD800, PS1000, and HF2 next weekend at Can Jam!!!

May 22, 2009 at 9:06 AM Post #587 of 2,859
Oh, by the way, we would like to read opinions of every headphone vs HF-2
smily_headphones1.gif

So for you guys going canjam, you know what to do
smily_headphones1.gif

May 22, 2009 at 9:24 AM Post #588 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's nice to have something to speculate about other than the HD800, isn't it? I'm just happy that I'll get to see, touch, and hear the HD800, PS1000, and HF2 next weekend at Can Jam!!!

I'm getting goosey pimples all over the body
regular_smile .gif

May 22, 2009 at 2:29 PM Post #591 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by kg21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It doesn't have to be night and day better than the hf1 like you inferred in your other post (way way more refined or w/e you said). It has to be able to beat other 400-430ish headphones assuming the preference fits and it will be a success.

It doesn't have to be night and day better than the HF-1 but has to beat other $400-$430 headphones? Tough task. The HD650 and the D5000 can be had in that price range. I don't think the HF-1 is in their league. But since it's apples and oranges (as far as sonic signatures go), I'd be hoping for a "unique" Grado sound that tops the 325i and gives a hit of the PS1000 sound. 325i meets PS-1 would be ideal
biggrin.gif
But if there's no plastic in the housing and it has the larger air chamber, it WILL be night and day compared to the HF-1. And if it can be tweaked with flats from Todd, anything's possible!

May 22, 2009 at 3:12 PM Post #592 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beagle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think the HF-1 is in their league.

Many of us would disagree with that statement. Of course my HF-1s are modified so that's not an entirely fair comparison but both the HD650 and HD600s that I compared them to used aftermarket cables which certainly added to their cost and in my mind improved their sound so maybe it's still a valid comparison? I'll certainly know more a week from now.
biggrin.gif

May 22, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #594 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm so jealous - canjam didn't work out for me this year. I thought I could make it but can't
frown.gif
- so I will have to live vicariously through all of your posts about the different sounds. And hear all the new stuff down the road.

Either way, I am set with my phones and only want to hear these new phones because I'm a headfier who enjoys to know about the new stuff. My wallet has been happy, but I will definitely miss the opportunity to enjoy canjam - and that's a bummer.

May 22, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #596 of 2,859
won't be at canjam this year...but envious of those who are. it's THE place to audition equipment you may never ever own yourself...or, if you're easily swayed like i am, it's THE place to really really be sorry about one's wallet. i would love to audition the hd800, ps1000, and todd's millett 307A...hf2 will be in my hands in mid-june, so that's one consolation.

May 22, 2009 at 8:42 PM Post #597 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
won't be at canjam this year...but envious of those who are. it's THE place to audition equipment you may never ever own yourself...or, if you're easily swayed like i am, it's THE place to really really be sorry about one's wallet. i would love to audition the hd800, ps1000, and todd's millett 307A...hf2 will be in my hands in mid-june, so that's one consolation.

Man, your in the AZ...jump on over, it's finally warming up so you won't freeze (folks from Arizona feel the cold pangs). Love to meet ya! You balanced my RS-1 so we are like family!

May 22, 2009 at 9:29 PM Post #598 of 2,859
i will have to attend CanJam someday...when i make it up to the mainland. then i can get a "feel" of what real serious audio equipment sounds like. damn it, you guys should hold one here sometime in the future.
wink.gif

May 22, 2009 at 9:47 PM Post #599 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by achristilaw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, your in the AZ...jump on over, it's finally warming up so you won't freeze (folks from Arizona feel the cold pangs). Love to meet ya! You balanced my RS-1 so we are like family!

made it to first nat'l meet in san jose, but that's when i was in the bay area...would love to be at canjam, but got too much going on here...

Quote:

Originally Posted by SemiAudiophile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i will have to attend CanJam someday...when i make it up to the mainland. then i can get a "feel" of what real serious audio equipment sounds like. damn it, you guys should hold one here sometime in the future.
wink.gif

i grew up in hawaii and visit family/friends regularly...we used to have mini-meets with justhavingfun and ichiro back in the day...there are enough hawaii head-fi members to do really good local meet, but alas, i doubt that a national meet would be feasible in the 50th...

May 22, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #600 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by SemiAudiophile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif

Looking at your equipment list I'd say you got a pretty good understanding :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back