The Grado HF2--It's For Real
May 17, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #286 of 2,859
Hmm I would like someone that has the HD650s to compare to them since I'm still deciding headphones.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 17, 2009 at 5:17 PM Post #287 of 2,859
Quote:

It's a way to lure new victims into this maelstrom of consume.
Don't get me wrong, I think it's a good incentive, head-fi is a fine maelstrom.

I like to read the posts about members mentioning the HF2 will be the first introduction to Grado land. How exciting, and being a limited ed. can and helping out the forum carries that special honor that Todd and John has provided us. Awesome!

May 17, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #288 of 2,859
I also have another question about the money that will be sent to Head-Fi. Depending on the maximum number of headphones they will release, and even if it is a number close to the other HF-1 headphone (486 units), a very significant amount of money will be given to this site. For what will it be used?

May 17, 2009 at 5:38 PM Post #289 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also have another question about the money that will be sent to Head-Fi. Depending on the maximum number of headphones they will release, and even if it is a number close to the other HF-1 headphone (486 units), a very significant amount of money will be given to this site. For what will it be used?

To maintain a big and busy website like this is not cheap you know...
Especially the storage will need to be added from time to time...
I came from IT background, so I know it better...

May 17, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #290 of 2,859
Quote:

5 post limit is pointless.

Should be based on join date.

I totally agree with this. I think that anyone who joins Head-Fi after the announcement of the HF-2 was made shouldn't be able to purchase one. I'm willing to bet that the majority of HF-1's that were immediately sold on Ebay were done so by people who joined Head-Fi specifically so that they could purchase one and sell it for a quick profit.

I passed on the HF-1 because at the time I had just recently ordered the RS-1. As for the HF-2, I'll wait to hear some reviews from CanJam, especially comparisons to the PS-1000 since I've been eyeing those as well as the HD-800.

May 17, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #291 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I totally agree with this. I think that anyone who joins Head-Fi after the announcement of the HF-2 was made shouldn't be able to purchase one. I'm willing to bet that the majority of HF-1's that were immediately sold on Ebay were done so by people who joined Head-Fi specifically so that they could purchase one and sell it for a quick profit.

I passed on the HF-1 because at the time I had just recently ordered the RS-1. As for the HF-2, I'll wait to hear some reviews from CanJam, especially comparisons to the PS-1000 since I've been eyeing those as well as the HD-800.

Couldn't agree more on the no. of post "condition". Suggest to make it 100 or even 200 to qualify if post counts is a qualifier. Better to have date joined before 15 May 2009.

If HF-2 is really what we expect it to be, I can imagine orders will surge right form CanJam....

F. Lo

May 17, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #293 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by fkclo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Couldn't agree more on the no. of post "condition". Suggest to make it 100 or even 200 to qualify if post counts is a qualifier. Better to have date joined before 15 May 2009.

If HF-2 is really what we expect it to be, I can imagine orders will surge right form CanJam....

F. Lo

Do you folks realize how elitist this sounds. What? We are a society of "Wadraggons" and people will do "5" just to turn a profit? Get off the high horses and walk the doggies for a bit. We have lost faith as a community and cynicism is rampant and if no ones post count goes past 5...I would wonder why? Enough of the cynical 'tudes' already.... I know we are suppose to leave religion out of it but...Jesus Christ!!

May 17, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #294 of 2,859
Quote:

I'm in a similar situation as yours.
I finally got my GS-1000 and is very happy with it.
HF-2 looks intriguing but also puzzling to me.
Even if it sounds like a baby PS-1000, I still wonder should I go for it given that I'm planning to get a PS-1000 in the future.
The limited edition is such a lure.

I agree that an limitation on both number of posts and time of registration would be preferable. (not because I'm lucky enough to register before the announcement
tongue_smile.gif
)

May 17, 2009 at 7:06 PM Post #295 of 2,859
Quote:

I totally agree with this. I think that anyone who joins Head-Fi after the announcement of the HF-2 was made shouldn't be able to purchase one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fkclo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

F. Lo

Agreed.

May 17, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #296 of 2,859
Not sure about you guys, but it still USD 400+ pair of headphones, which isnt that cheap, to me anyway, even as limited edition. Of course, for folks who collecting headphones, its another story.

May 17, 2009 at 7:22 PM Post #297 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by subtle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agreed.

disagree. one of the great things about this forum is its inclusiveness and its willingness to help out newbies in all areas (headphones, amps, sources, diy, etc.). while elitism and exclusivity often creep in, which is normal for any forum, i celebrate the general air of friendliness and welcome that is a hallmark of this site.

by making the barrier to entry low, you will get a fair amt. of new users solely interested in buying these. but why is that a bad thing? more sold, more money to head-fi, more business for grado...i suspect the only reason some might not like this is that it maybe minimizes their longevity or activity in this community. or, we like to be the only ones privy to these kinds of limited-edition deals. remember, we were all newbies once...and the more that join head-fi, the more advertising money is generated for the site b/c of the increased membership, which is good for all of us.

May 17, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #298 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure about you guys, but it still USD 400+ pair of headphones, which isnt that cheap, to me anyway, even as limited edition. Of course, for folks who collecting headphones, its another story.

+1

I am very very surprised that people are willing to throw down $400 for something that they have literally no clue about.

May 17, 2009 at 7:33 PM Post #299 of 2,859
I don't agree that the number of post count is relevant at all.
If the limit is 100 or even more, I would not be surprised to see there are more and more pointless posts by those who wanna make a profit, they'll do whatever they need to get their HF-2s.

not even by joining date since such would only possibly limit long time lurkers to buy and negatively affect the amount of donation to Head-Fi.

May 17, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #300 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
disagree. one of the great things about this forum is its inclusiveness and its willingness to help out newbies in all areas (headphones, amps, sources, diy, etc.). while elitism and exclusivity often creep in, which is normal for any forum, i celebrate the general air of friendliness and welcome that is a hallmark of this site.

by making the barrier to entry low, you will get a fair amt. of new users solely interested in buying these. but why is that a bad thing? more sold, more money to head-fi, more business for grado...i suspect the only reason some might not like this is that it maybe minimizes their longevity or activity in this community. or, we like to be the only ones privy to these kinds of limited-edition deals. remember, we were all newbies once...and the more that join head-fi, the more advertising money is generated for the site b/c of the increased membership, which is good for all of us.

I think its not to keep newer members from getting one, but to keep the people away who only buy these things for the trade, which would be a sad thing. Altho this can be checked by doing a little more research on the more 'suspicious' buyers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back