The Grado HF2--It's For Real
Jun 5, 2009 at 9:20 AM Post #1,336 of 2,859
I concur.

The minimum requirement should be 1 yr on head fi and 100 post counts...

This should make this headphone more elusive
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 5, 2009 at 9:22 AM Post #1,337 of 2,859
Yeah, I just looked up his post history. He's approaching bot-like levels of non sequitur. Hope he's not exploiting TTVJ's great intentions.

Jun 5, 2009 at 9:34 AM Post #1,338 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by parhelictriangle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I just looked up his post history. He's approaching bot-like levels of non sequitur. Hope he's not exploiting TTVJ's great intentions.

I bet the next poster's life that he is.

Well, I guess the coolest thing TTVJ can do is look up his user name, see his post history, and deny him the purchase.
wink.gif

Jun 5, 2009 at 10:24 AM Post #1,340 of 2,859
DefectiveAudioComponent

If you order thd HF-2 and don't like it, you have 30 days to either sell it or return it to TTVJ. You can also keep it a couple of years no doubt get much more than you paid for it. Either way, it will be difficult to lose money on the purchase of this headphone. In this sense it is better to "invest" in the HF-2 than say ... the stock market. May be the only time I use the words investment and headphone in the same sentance.

Jun 5, 2009 at 10:28 AM Post #1,341 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by DefectiveAudioComponent /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Question is, how do I convince my wife that these are essential for the household?

Tell her they can do dish washing!
biggrin.gif

Jun 5, 2009 at 11:41 AM Post #1,342 of 2,859
If I had a pair of headphones that could wash dishes oh boy!
The rinsestage is huge compared to its headstage!

Jun 5, 2009 at 12:54 PM Post #1,343 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by cafe zeenuts /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I concur.

The minimum requirement should be 1 yr and 100 post counts...

This should make this headphone more elusive
very_evil_smiley.gif

I think we should make it your account age + 1 day and your post count +1
rolleyes.gif
See what I did thar?

Jun 5, 2009 at 3:12 PM Post #1,344 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The HF2s are less fatiguing, and scale better with good amplification. I still haven't spent a ton of time with mine yet, I'm still recovering from CanJam. The ESW10s were borrowed, and I was amazed by them, but 2 hrs was about the longest I could listen.

Have you any experience with the RS-1/HF-1?
How do they compare??

Sorry just, need more convincing before I pull the trigger!

Jun 5, 2009 at 3:23 PM Post #1,345 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by parhelictriangle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

no matter the requirement, if people really want the headphone, they will find ways to get it. all that would result from a 100 post minimum would be 100 posts of nonsense and stupidity. i personally do not want to see more of those kinds of posts around here.

the barrier to entry is low, but it is a barrier. it requires people to actually sign up and make a few posts. but it increases membership, perhaps more click-throughs with links, more money to head-fi, etc. people who are worried about the "limited-edition-ness" of these headphones and want to exclude more and more people are, IMHO, not consistent with the spirit of head-fi. take the headphones for what they are - good sounding, good looking, specifically created for the community, and a revenue source for head-fi.

Jun 5, 2009 at 3:24 PM Post #1,346 of 2,859
I've owned 2 pairs of RS1s, and my favorite dynamic headphones until last saturday was my woodied and balanced HF1s. I have a new favorite.

I'm listening to my HF2s right now out of the duet, and I have absolutely no complaints. For a total system cost (mac mini, apogee duet, grado HF-2) of less than $1500, this is a rig that gets tone (the most important thing a system can get right, imho) absolutely perfect. I'm pleased as punch.

Jun 5, 2009 at 3:28 PM Post #1,348 of 2,859
I only care that if they make X number that the build quality doesn't suffer.

As it seems with my #457 HF-1 that the cord is twisted at the top of the right side and slides up into the unit to make the 2 sides the same length. It slides a bit and slaps me in the neck. It sucks
frown.gif

Makes me want to recable, but I can't ruin my HF-1's.
frown.gif

Jun 5, 2009 at 3:30 PM Post #1,349 of 2,859
Not that I'm overly concerned with this... but does anyone know what's going to happen to any headphones returned via the insanely generous 30 day satisfaction guarantee?

Verified, repackaged and shipped out... or will you be sending them my way at 50% off?

Jun 5, 2009 at 3:31 PM Post #1,350 of 2,859
The point of the post count requirement isn't to prove you're a good member of the community, it's so that distributors in europe and elsewhere don't get upset that grado's letting Todd ship overseas. Post count and registration date mean nothing other than the obvious. There are many people who joined after me and who have many fewer posts that give way more to the community in terms of knowledge and generosity, for example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back