The Grado HF2--It's For Real
Jun 3, 2009 at 9:31 AM Post #1,261 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you have no amp and want to start cheaper maybe an iBasso D2.

For more either a WooAudio 6, Graham Slee, Audio GD C2C, or many others but the thing is, they shouldn't need alot of power but Im sure they will scale a bit with nicer amps, or color the cans more to a specific tune that you might like, whether warm, bright, or more neutral? Compass DAC/AMP has modules that change between warm, bright, and neutral on the fly it is interesting if your beginning your home journey.

Im sure more people will have better suggestions from trying more equipment than me, but alas you could have a great time with them from your ipod as Grado's don't have very high impedence.

Thanks for your suggestions. Just wondering really if they would sound ok at the end of an ipod when not in the home
normal_smile .gif

Jun 3, 2009 at 9:34 AM Post #1,262 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anything I am listening to at the time, and when I step away I set the CD player to repeat - Diana Krall, Infected Mushroom, Jack Johnson, etc..

thanks!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 3, 2009 at 9:38 AM Post #1,263 of 2,859
@ e-h: They should.

Grados have low impedance and low SPL. Due to the impedance you should have no problem driving them correctly with a portable player. Due to the low SPL you might need more volume to hear the music with more "body". By body I mean volume, as it is very easy to be fooled by thinking more volume = better sound.

Jun 3, 2009 at 10:22 AM Post #1,265 of 2,859
K3cT, I wouldn't do it. If you have the money for it do it, if not why put yourself in a debt.

Jun 3, 2009 at 10:36 AM Post #1,266 of 2,859
Its not good enough to put yourself in debt for.

Jun 3, 2009 at 11:09 AM Post #1,267 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimspoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I even like the chemical smell (Polyurethane?) of the foam fresh out of the package!

I thought I was the only one. Chemical peppermint, mmmmm

Jun 3, 2009 at 11:25 AM Post #1,268 of 2,859
Do this HF2 have the same (close) energy of the Grado Reference Series, or the same (close) midrange sweetness that grados are known for?
This was the motive that I didn't got the MS2i or MSpro. I want a Grado to be a Grado if you understand what I mean. (And this might be the chance for those who live in Europe)

Jun 3, 2009 at 11:46 AM Post #1,269 of 2,859
All of the reports from canjam said that it is without a doubt a grado. That is all that some people said, as they didn't have time for a lot of comparisons. One person I clearly remember saying this was Uncle Erik. I think that it was near the beginning of the canjam impressions thread.

Jun 3, 2009 at 2:06 PM Post #1,271 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@ e-h: They should.

Grados have low impedance and low SPL. Due to the impedance you should have no problem driving them correctly with a portable player. Due to the low SPL you might need more volume to hear the music with more "body". By body I mean volume, as it is very easy to be fooled by thinking more volume = better sound.

Thanks mate! I generally like listening to lower volumes, but enjoy my SR60's except for their slightly tiring top end with my amplifier.

Jun 3, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #1,273 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by thechungster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't have enough money yet but I want to buy these ASAP. I just don't know when they will actually run out...I just hope in a week they'll be still available.

Todd has promised that we'll get tons of notice before these discontinue - dont worry
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 3, 2009 at 5:05 PM Post #1,275 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by dan1son /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm putting my HF-1s on my head and ignoring the fact that this thread and others like it exist.

lol i love how you ignore it while writing on this thread, nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back