The Grado HF2--It's For Real
May 27, 2009 at 1:54 AM Post #706 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you've over 18, you probably have a credit card.

What if you're not?
biggrin.gif

May 27, 2009 at 2:27 AM Post #708 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuzzy OneThree /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What if you're not?
biggrin.gif

i don't think i owned anything worth $400 before i was 18...kids these days, i tell ya
wink.gif

May 27, 2009 at 2:38 AM Post #709 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i don't think i owned anything worth $400 before i was 18...kids these days, i tell ya
wink.gif

I had a Car worth that much at his age...

May 27, 2009 at 3:42 AM Post #710 of 2,859
I had credit cards over $2000 but I lost them due to not using them and now due to the bs I cant get one. Makes me so mad I didn't keep them.

I would definately max them out though for this and HD800 or something. But I did still order HF-2's the day it was posted since I called Todd right before the post cause of the other HF-2 post where someone was like What is this I found on TTVJ
biggrin.gif

May 27, 2009 at 4:23 AM Post #711 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had credit cards over $2000 but I lost them due to not using them and now due to the bs I cant get one. Makes me so mad I didn't keep them.

I would definately max them out though for this and HD800 or something. But I did still order HF-2's the day it was posted since I called Todd right before the post cause of the other HF-2 post where someone was like What is this I found on TTVJ
biggrin.gif

Plastic should only be used for emergency's...that happen daily on Head-Fi!

May 27, 2009 at 4:36 AM Post #712 of 2,859
I bought into the whole "Head-Fi Exclusivity" thing a few days ago, but, c'mon. I mean, really?!?! Exclusive? Give me a break.

The requirement is membership and five posts. The five posts can be knocked out with "I'm listening to iBuds; I bought a burger and fries for lunch; Star Trek...excellent; x2, and Bose sucks."

It's no more exclusive than becoming a Safeway card member at the register to get a discount on something. Anyone can do it.

So if anyone can become a Head-Fi member and all they've got to do is post five times, how exclusive is that? I feel for it to be truly a Head-Fi exclusive, the eligibility for purchase should have been a certain length of time in membership or substantially more post counts, say six months or 100 posts.

Then it would have been "exclusive." Now, it's just good marketing.

May 27, 2009 at 4:43 AM Post #713 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioDwebe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought into the whole "Head-Fi Exclusivity" thing a few days ago, but, c'mon. I mean, really?!?! Exclusive? Give me a break.

The requirement is membership and five posts. The five posts can be knocked out with "I'm listening to iBuds; I bought a burger and fries for lunch; Star Trek...excellent; x2, and Bose sucks."

It's no more exclusive than becoming a Safeway card member at the register to get a discount on something. Anyone can do it.

So if anyone can become a Head-Fi member and all they've got to do is post five times, how exclusive is that? I feel for it to be truly a Head-Fi exclusive, the eligibility for purchase should have been a certain length of time in membership or substantially more post counts, say six months or 100 posts.

The point is not to be exclusive, but rather to bring more people to the forums. If someone wants to buy them, they must get their feet wet and post. Perhaps they will remain and add useful information to the forums. Information that people like you and I have used many times to buy gear that we love.

May 27, 2009 at 4:46 AM Post #715 of 2,859
Quote:

Still have to be a member...right? You are not going to find these at the "big yellow box". And the suggestions for the first five posts...not bad really!

May 27, 2009 at 4:52 AM Post #716 of 2,859
Quote:

Buy the HF-2 and wait for six months. There will be a bunch of new members clamoring for them.

May 27, 2009 at 9:07 AM Post #720 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by ting.mike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anybody got a link to a review of the HF-1 compared to the Grado line? I'm just curious about how the HF-1 sounds, since jude said the HF-2 is sort of a better HF-1.

REVIEW: Grado HF-1 and RS-2 both re-cabled with APureSound v3 cable, with stock HP-2 sprinkled in for good measure... - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

Most of my Grados have been re-cabled with APS V3 cable. Further in that thread I talked about what changed in the RS-2 stock vs after the re-cable. You'll see they sound different from RS-2 and HP-1000, and they also sound a little different from RS-1 in the soundstaging. My re-cabled RS-1 with flats sound very close to a vintage HP-1000. All of these are very good, and better than the SR-325i and lower (which I also sold).

I did not ever hear my HF-1 with stock cable, since I bought them from Alex at APS with the cable already installed. Same thing with my RS-1 that I got after I wrote that thread - already with APS v3 cable. Overall, I preferred the HF-1 and RS-1 over the RS-2 (all with the same APS cable), and sold the RS-2 that summer. I still had the HF-1 until a couple months ago when I traded them along with some other stuff for some Stax O2 Mk1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back