The Grado HF2--It's For Real
May 19, 2009 at 3:57 PM Post #451 of 2,859
I saw a pair of SR60i in person today for the first time, and to be honest i'd have been content if the HF2s were effectively HF1i ... those new deep mushroom housings look slick.

In fact, if anyone has a pair of the new plastic housings, i'll take em off your hands anyway...

May 19, 2009 at 3:57 PM Post #452 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rinshin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Black metal... that would be interesting and it would make the HF-2 unique from the rest of the Grado line.
smily_headphones1.gif

iirc the original SR-325 was black metal.

May 19, 2009 at 4:01 PM Post #453 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The price had nothing to do with the HF-1. Absolutely nothing. The HF-2 has been in the works for many months so this was not something thrown together. John thought it out and delivered a very good product. One that I am going to own and use. It is not made from left over parts or of plastic. That is your 1 and only clue.

Thanks and keep having fun here!!!

Todd

GREAT_SUCCESS.png

May 19, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #454 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by gregvet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If anyone has ordered these cans from the uk, do you know how much the postage costs?just interested to know the total cost before I make a decision!
Can't help but think these will be a bargain for us Brits though. At current exchange rates they cost almost exactly the same as the 325i's.

I went for the Express Mail International (5 days) @ $41.50 which will probably be just as quick as fedex but nearly $20 cheaper.

Or you could opt for the other option mentioned by Henmyr a few post above, its the same price to uk as well.

May 19, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #455 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iirc the original SR-325 was black metal.

yep, the original sr325 was indeed black metal...i don't recall how big the chamber was, though...whether it was the same size as the silver casing that followed. i hadn't seen todd's post about the hf2 not being plastic until last night...great news indeed!

May 19, 2009 at 5:36 PM Post #456 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cankin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, it's metal but what colour? Golden, silver or black
very_evil_smiley.gif
?

Black metal cans would undoubtedly sound darker than bright silver, and gold would certainly have a warm tone.

May 19, 2009 at 5:38 PM Post #458 of 2,859
I shall choose Platinum then.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 19, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #463 of 2,859
Here's hoping for carbon fiber!

It's taken every ounce of willpower not to order these. I have the money, Canadian dollar isn't complete fail at the moment and I know I could let these go pretty easily if I don't like em (unlikely)....

However, I have a well loved GS100i, some RS1i on the way, It's hard to justify a 3rd set of headphones, especially another set of Grado when I already have the GS1000i/RS1i.

Decisions!!!

May 19, 2009 at 5:59 PM Post #465 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimspoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's hoping for carbon fiber!

It's taken every ounce of willpower not to order these. I have the money, Canadian dollar isn't complete fail at the moment and I know I could let these go pretty easily if I don't like em (unlikely)....

However, I have a well loved GS100i, some RS1i on the way, It's hard to justify a 3rd set of headphones, especially another set of Grado when I already have the GS1000i/RS1i.

Decisions!!!

Why would you need to justify this? Just order it impulsively. Put it on a credit card and worry about it later.

evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back