The Grado HF2--It's For Real
May 19, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #406 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One that I am going to own and use. It is not made from left over parts or of plastic. That is your 1 and only clue.

I'm sold! Just placed an order. Oh Todd, you
evil_smiley.gif

May 19, 2009 at 12:41 AM Post #408 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The reason we put the HF-2 out before the show was to draw more interest for CanJam 09. By revealing it on the opening day of CanJam, even more of you will be here at Head-Fi to get impressions

Just wondering if the CanJam impressions and pictures could be confined to separate specific threads, so those who don't want to know what the HF-2s sounds like (or compares to) until they get them can simply avoid the "impressions" thread.

May 19, 2009 at 12:41 AM Post #409 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Nine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How cool would "no plastic parts" be if it were indeed true? I mean no plastic rod blocks, cup forks, front driver cover, etc. A guy can wish.

You could always pick up a HP-1000. The build quality is wonderful.

Todd, that sounds amazing! You're welcome to run my card right now.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 19, 2009 at 12:44 AM Post #410 of 2,859
Just five days ago, I sold my much loved RS1's ... actually traded them for a Raptor amp (+ cash) ...

But man! Do I already miss them!

My GS1000's are great ... don't get me wrong ... especially after not listening to any other headphones for a while (they take a bit of getting used to but end up being really stellar!) ...

So I'm not sure whether I should seek out a new pair of used RS1's or pull the trigger on this HF2 thing ...

Most likely?

I'll wait and demo Shelly's HF2's ... and at the same time order some used RS1's ...

But then again ... I've been quite near to ordering some HD650's ... which is a whole other forum post entirely ...

So feh.

Don't know what will happen.

LOL.

wink.gif

May 19, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #412 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by .coco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alright, time to place my order
biggrin.gif

What happened to "you're all crazy because you guys ordered before knowing how it sounds?"
tongue.gif

May 19, 2009 at 1:07 AM Post #413 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What happened to "you're all crazy because you guys ordered before knowing how it sounds?"
tongue.gif

I was more concerned about construction than the sound. For the sound, I assume it will just be something be the missing link between the SR225 and the RS1. The SR325i and RS2 are kind of black sheep of the bunch, and do not really seem to fit into the mix as the other headphones in the line do. Just like the HF1 played this roll on the lower end, I assume that the HF2 will do the same, but be on the higher end.

I was really worried about throwing $425 down for something with the construction of something worth half the price.

My hope is that they use the remaining goldie cups to make the HF2s
smily_headphones1.gif

May 19, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #414 of 2,859
I was still going to get this if it sounded worse than a SR60 just because it supports the community and that it is an exclusive Grado. However, the information that it isn't plastic makes me VERY excited to see how sexy it will be. I have only heard the HF-1 so it there is all wood or metal I could get an idea on how the SR325i or PS1000 sounds and that enough makes me extremely anxious and waiting for mine!

May 19, 2009 at 1:18 AM Post #419 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's the dumbest thing I did.
frown.gif

But see, now you have the money to buy a hyped up headphone that nobody really knows anything about
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back