The German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor in the studio... serious about audio, INDEED!!
May 6, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #781 of 1,132
Quote:
Do you drum as well? I really did notice a sort of slow response of the td-9 module. I actually think I'll try to save some money for a new electronic drumkit. Any suggestions for a set?

So you are finished with pad-rolling? 
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #783 of 1,132
Quote:
Hell yeah. I'm never ever going to buy something that needs modifications or aftermarket pads to be competitive. If the product is great from the start and I can improve it? Cool, I'll do it, but only if the mods are a bonus instead of a necessity.

So, from now on you'll only roll pads on something that has great pads to start with?
evil_smiley.gif

May 6, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #785 of 1,132
Quote:
Do you drum as well? I really did notice a sort of slow response of the td-9 module. I actually think I'll try to save some money for a new electronic drumkit. Any suggestions for a set?

I had friends working at some music shop that had the Roland and Clavia. Today looks like you have more options, like the Yamaha, Alesis, Techtonic, and of course the Simmons kit. But I dont know the differences between them in term of sensitive and latency, or the sound modules. I'm more into synths, midi and computers.

May 7, 2013 at 4:40 AM Post #786 of 1,132
Quote:

You might start with reading reviews at Musicians's Friend. That's what my wife and I do every time we search for something :)
There's also user reviews at HarmonyCentral (there's something broken on the site at the moment, but I'm pretty sure there were some actual reviews there).

May 26, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #788 of 1,132
Do denon d2000 pads work with these? I thinking about buying them, but the comfort issues mentioned by some of the reviewers have me hesitant. If the Jmoney pads fit them , the denons should work right? I'm asking because I've tries the denons before, and they're quite comfortable.Thanks in advance.

May 26, 2013 at 6:24 AM Post #789 of 1,132
Quote:
Do denon d2000 pads work with these? I thinking about buying them, but the comfort issues mentioned by some of the reviewers have me hesitant. If the Jmoney pads fit them , the denons should work right? I'm asking because I've tries the denons before, and they're quite comfortable.Thanks in advance.

I don't know Denon pads, but German Maestro's own oval pads are wonderful and darn comfortable, I am wearing them all day long literally.

May 26, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #792 of 1,132
Quote:

I don't know the size of the Denons, but the Beyerdinamics DT-770 do fit. As well as the Brainwavz HM-5 pads that are cheap and very soft.
Mind that changing pads will most likely change the sound to some extent. Then again, I like how they sound with the Brainwavz.

Jun 19, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #794 of 1,132
So, I've been hearing a bit about oval pads and paper and such...
I'm just a bit afraid of modding since I've never done it before.

How do I take the ear pads off?

Also, the soundstage seems more closed in compared to my M50s -- does that improve with burn-in/oval pads?
I've heard a bit about the tissue paper mod, but I just want to make sure I'm getting everything these headphones have to offer.

Jun 20, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #795 of 1,132
Quote:
So, I've been hearing a bit about oval pads and paper and such...
I'm just a bit afraid of modding since I've never done it before.

How do I take the ear pads off?

Also, the soundstage seems more closed in compared to my M50s -- does that improve with burn-in/oval pads?
I've heard a bit about the tissue paper mod, but I just want to make sure I'm getting everything these headphones have to offer.

Straight out of the box, soundstage was better than M50 in my case but we all hear different of course. It has been months I am using oval pads from German Maestro and it even makes it more 3D especially adding more width. Unfortunately I can't help with changing the pads since mine was changed by Thomas at GM in Germany but it shouldn't be rocket sience all people try different pads even the ones are not official GM pads but they find a way to do it. You can always shoot an email to GM and ask too, I am sure they will try to explain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back