The German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor in the studio... serious about audio, INDEED!!
Dec 2, 2014 at 4:22 AM Post #991 of 1,132

Re. the 'Emma' 8.35D.

The name intrigued me so I decided to send an e-mail off to German Maestro to ask how the various 8.35Ds ('regular', JFB & EMMA) differed, if at all, cosmetic differences aside. Here's the response I got:

Looks like they are the same (appearance aside) so presumably any difference in sound may be down to other factors e.g. source, burn-in (if you believe in it) etc. etc.

The name Emma, or EMMA to be more correct, is a sadly far less romantic than I'd hoped. It seems to be some kind of an industry group (car audio?) that German Maestro are part of so presumably the branding is just a PR exercise and nothing more: http://www.german-maestro.de/US/emma.htm

Both were running from the same source, fully "burnt" etc.
Yeah-yeah, they keep telling "there is no difference" to everyone. Different sound signatures exist, even fakes exist(ed).

Dec 6, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #994 of 1,132
If anyone in the UK is looking for a pair Hifiheadphones has the JFB 8.35 brand new for £84.99. I just grabbed a pair, couldn't resist at that price!

Dec 6, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #995 of 1,132
my 8.35d arrived. then i plugged it my nokia e72. its noising-explodes in highest volume. tracks are 320kbits. do i need an amp? dac?

is there anyone who uses 8.35d with sansa?

Dec 18, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #996 of 1,132
Centance Hifi-M8 + GMP 8.35 = very good
basshead.gif

Dec 21, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #997 of 1,132
Hy all,

I purchased the GMP 8.35D headphones in January this year, mostly after reading the reviews on this forum. I was looking for a serious pair of headphones from the beginning of 2013 and I accidentally found the German Maestros on Juno.co.uk. I must admit the first thing that I liked was the classic look, the resemblance with an aviator headphones :))

Although the quality built is impeccable, I decided to do a modification of the headphones. I purchased them with the 1,2m straight cable which is practically indestructible, but also quite rigid. I don't like the coiled cable also due to it's bigger weight.

So I made a new cable fitted with a Neutrik NTP3RC + REAN RT3FC-B in a combination with a Sommer Cable Cicada 1,5m. On the headphone I fitted a REAN RT3MP connector.

As this is a new account I don't have rights to post photos yet. I made a nice album for others to see on how they can modify the headphones. This is would be my appreciation for all the people on this forum who contribute with their opinions about several headphones.

If anyone has any suggestion on where to host the pictures, drop a line here. Also if anyone has questions about the modifications don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,

Radu

Feb 11, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #998 of 1,132
Do you think I can order Mr. Speakers lambskin alpha pads for my german maestro 8.35d or they are too big and it will look ridiculous? Because I still want to use my headphones on the go, as well at home, and I heard great things about these pads. Any opinions?

Feb 13, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #999 of 1,132
yavormoskov,

I know nothing about Alpha pads, but Brainwavz's HM5 pads will fits your purpose very well.
Those fit with 8.35D's housing perfectly, significantly reduce sound leakage, shut out environmental noises, and lot cheaper.
You can also choose a color variation among black, white, red, red rimmed, and brown.

Feb 14, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #1,000 of 1,132
Do you think I can order Mr. Speakers lambskin alpha pads for my german maestro 8.35d or they are too big and it will look ridiculous? Because I still want to use my headphones on the go, as well at home, and I heard great things about these pads. Any opinions?

When I had the Alpha pads I tried them on my GMP 8.300. They fit, but looked indeed a bit ridiculous, because they are enormous. At the same time, the inner space  for the ear (width) is rather small, so not much comfort for those with big ears.
The sound was not good as well on my 8.300.
If you want leather on the GMP, the Dog pads are a better option IMO.

Feb 16, 2015 at 6:25 AM Post #1,003 of 1,132
Feb 16, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #1,004 of 1,132
  Hey, I didn't know they're making the color ones now :)

Anyway, they seem ok. What you don't want is the "thick memory foam pads". Those definitely do sound too thin without EQ.

Thanks, but I guess then the ones on my link aren't the right ones, as the description reads: "The thick earpads are suitable for use on numerous large cup size, over the ear headphones."

So I may have to find the right ones elsewhere.

Feb 16, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #1,005 of 1,132
Just get the beyer velour silver pads for dt770. On Amazon the pair is 34$. Great durability and comfort. The other good option is the original german maestro velour pads but you have to buy dust protectors to go with them. I got them Yesterday from Germany and they still have very good sound isolation. But people swear that the Dt770 pads are even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back