The German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor in the studio... serious about audio, INDEED!!
Nov 6, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #828 of 1,132
Using these on the O2 amp, I'm quite enjoying them.
They sound so open for a closed headphone, it's uncanny. I do have to add that I have been using IEMs exclusively the last couple of months.

Oh, you're obviously all dying to know how the headband is doing. The headband is fine, the glue dried the way it should've!

Nov 6, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #829 of 1,132
Mine should be arriving from German maestro soon, with extra pads too, see which are more comfy and better sound wise

Nov 8, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #830 of 1,132
Mine arrive today, german maestro were very kind and sent me 3 pairs a of different pads. This pair is for review.

Nov 8, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #831 of 1,132
Mine arrive today, german maestro were very kind and sent me 3 pairs a of different pads. This pair is for review.

Awesome, which pair do you like best? The oval pads do have an amazing soundstage, but they make the headphone sound really bright. Which I actually like, but not when using the headphones outside. 

I'm still very impressed with the SQ I get when pairing it with the O2 amp. 

Nov 8, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #832 of 1,132
Waiting to hear your initial impression. 
happy_face1.gif

Nov 8, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #833 of 1,132
The oval pads do make them sound very bright. Even with the cloth/sponge driver protector.

So far I like the velour with closed back (3rd pair from left) with cloth/sponge in front of driver

Nov 8, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #835 of 1,132
They are a little more sibilant than stock with the velours, but not as bright as with oval pads.
Soundstage is still very good.
Definitely my favourite so far. Stock pads are good for sound, not so much for comfort. Velour are good for sound, comfort and withtout affecting the isolation too much.

Also I've found these to be revealing of bad recordings

Nov 8, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #836 of 1,132
They are a little more sibilant than stock with the velours, but not as bright as with oval pads.
Soundstage is still very good.
Definitely my favourite so far. Stock pads are good for sound, not so much for comfort. Velour are good for sound, comfort and withtout affecting the isolation too much.

Also I've found these to be revealing of bad recordings

Do you happen to know, if the akg k702 pads fit the gmp? I"ll receive the K702 anniversaries this weekend, might try those gel pads on the gmp.

I see that you own/use the HD800, is the sound similiar between the 8.35D and HD800? Because the FR of those headphones are fairly similar.

Nov 8, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #837 of 1,132
I dont own them unfortunately. Although have tested them on quite a few occasions. The HD800 is way more airy, but actually thinking about it they do have a similar SIG. Obviously the HD800 has more detail, but in terms of quantity of everything, fairly similar.

I'll test them side by side next time I'm at hifiheadphones

Dont know about the AKG pads, but would be interested in hearing your opinion on them

Nov 8, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #838 of 1,132
I would say if you like the GMP 8.35 D, you'll like the HD800. But I prefer the beyer T1, a little more intimate with a little more body, and they are highly detailed but more versatile. They dont hurl detail at you like the HD800

Nov 8, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #840 of 1,132
Yes I think they would fit beyers. But the hole in the middle is smaller than beyer pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back