The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Reviews and Impressions Thread
Nov 3, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #2,146 of 2,251
Actually all versions of the tfz is more L shaped. Strong bass, neutral mids and recessed highs. I have the no.3 anniversary version and most definitely it aint v shaped.

If you read my comment, I wrote that the TFZ No. 3 is more V shaped and bassy than the Tequila.

It is also proven on graphs.

graph.png

Nov 3, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #2,147 of 2,251
You're enjoying them and that's the main thing. :)

It was more of rethorical question so people who might be unaware know that this is not really a TFZ product but just another variation of a well known OEM IEM sold by TFZ at the most premium price, which, unless I am proven otherwise, I'd therefore regard as a rip-off.

Could u be more exactly about what iem are you referring?
Im thinking about get the essence, so Im intereted about that info

Nov 28, 2021 at 2:29 AM Post #2,148 of 2,251
I need some help: I have the TFZ No.3 and love them after giving them some time to break in and also changing tips helped a lot with some harsher highs.

I am a bass head and looking for something with even more sub-bass. I’ve seen some graphs that show the TFZ Live X has even more bass and sub-bass than the No.3; can anyone confirm that or have a comparison between the two sets?

I’ve ordered the Venture Electronics Bonus IE Pro (VE BIE Pro) set that is supposed to have crazy bass (EE LX level bass) so I’ll be comparing all these together.

Nov 28, 2021 at 2:59 AM Post #2,149 of 2,251
I need some help: I have the TFZ No.3 and love them after giving them some time to break in and also changing tips helped a lot with some harsher highs.

I am a bass head and looking for something with even more sub-bass. I’ve seen some graphs that show the TFZ Live X has even more bass and sub-bass than the No.3; can anyone confirm that or have a comparison between the two sets?

I can confirm that as I have both sets.

Nov 28, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #2,150 of 2,251
I can confirm that as I have both sets.
Nice ok thanks! They don't seem to be very popular so I've been trying to find where a good place to buy them is. Do you prefer the overall sound to that of the No.3?

Nov 28, 2021 at 11:26 PM Post #2,152 of 2,251
Nice ok thanks! They don't seem to be very popular so I've been trying to find where a good place to buy them is. Do you prefer the overall sound to that of the No.3?

I bought them from the Angelears shop on aliexpress, I think that's where you can still find them for the lowest price. I like No3 better, Live X is too warm/bassy for me.

Dec 8, 2021 at 8:37 PM Post #2,155 of 2,251
Does everyone have any electrostatic background issue like me using TFZ live 3? Anyone has advise on fixing that?

Are you referring to a hiss?

Dec 8, 2021 at 8:49 PM Post #2,157 of 2,251
Yes, plug to phone or dx160, the hiss is quite obvious. Any earphone Impedance Plug recommend?

The hiss is due to a higher sensitivity (108dB/mW).

There are a few ways to mitigate the hiss.
1) Get a source (Dac/Amp/DAP) with a better noise floor control.
2) Get an inline volume controller, costs a few bucks at most hardware shops.
3) Impedance adapter.

Options 2 and 3 may affect the sound quality and FR, so do at own risk.
Option 1 is the better option for future proofing this hobby as quite a few IEMs have high sensitivity.

Dec 10, 2021 at 8:27 AM Post #2,158 of 2,251
Dec 10, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #2,160 of 2,251
Another G-translated T2 Pro review:

The first feeling in the sense of hearing is that the TFZ T2 PRO earphones are very well-driven, and the sound of the player is already very loud when it is turned on to 46. Normal use of 30%~36% volume is sufficient. Although the official does not mark its impedance, it is proved that the impedance will not be too high by using the Bluetooth cable to drive the design.

6229570c358c150f6fab8d6252781fbf.png

At the same time, the TFZ T2 PRO earphone adopts the ultra-high frequency independent crossover system design of the two-way unit, which brings a strong sense of hearing. At the same time, the three frequencies are very average, and there will be no low frequency or high weight, which is very realistic. For example, when I listened to the song "Hotel California", the sound of guitar and drums was very clear, and the moment I opened my voice was amazing.

03b20221fefc9f0e931ad70fff2cb059.png

In terms of female voices, I tested the song "Burial Heart", and the details are also very good. However, the sense of diving at low frequencies can be strengthened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back