The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Reviews and Impressions Thread
May 30, 2019 at 11:15 PM Post #1,036 of 2,251
I think i will stop buying TFZ for now on due to its ridiculously variety of TFZ IEM especially The TFZ Bear.... like What....

May 30, 2019 at 11:53 PM Post #1,037 of 2,251
@audio123 is the TFZ No.3 Ti. a upgrade over the tfz no.3 ti which is better? I read the review but which one is better for you because u said TFZ no.3 was the best tfz iem at this date?

another thing does the TFZ No.3 Ti have a spacious soundstage with lot of air ? do you recommend this for mainstream listening ? and lastly is it easy to drive from smartphone..

thanks for your impressions...
No.3 Ti is definitely an upgrade over the No.3. I am very impressed when I first tried the No,3 Ti, it is a departure from TFZ typical house sound. The best TFZ iem to date IMHO. YMMV. Spacious soundstage & airy. I recommend this for mainstream listening. You can drive it from your smartphone. Thank you for reading my review, appreciate it. Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)

May 30, 2019 at 11:59 PM Post #1,038 of 2,251
No.3 Ti is definitely an upgrade over the No.3. I am very impressed when I first tried the No,3 Ti, it is a departure from TFZ typical house sound. The best TFZ iem to date IMHO. YMMV. Spacious soundstage & airy. I recommend this for mainstream listening. You can drive it from your smartphone. Thank you for reading my review, appreciate it. Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)

I got to check out the TFZ no.3 Ti, first time hearing after you mentioned it here and i thought its only TFZ No.3 only dayum~ and why does it reminds me of GeForce Graphic Card dou ahahah! "Ti" btw where could i find it for audition?

May 31, 2019 at 12:12 AM Post #1,039 of 2,251
I got to check out the TFZ no.3 Ti, first time hearing after you mentioned it here and i thought its only TFZ No.3 only dayum~ and why does it reminds me of GeForce Graphic Card dou ahahah! "Ti" btw where could i find it for audition?
It is a statement piece from TFZ. I am not sure if there are places for audition at the moment. Cheers! :)

May 31, 2019 at 1:58 AM Post #1,040 of 2,251
I am thinking about trying a budget TFZ iem for easy listening at work/office. Narrowed the choices down to T2 Galaxy or My Love 2019 limited edition. The T2 Galaxy seems to be mildly v-shaped and i have read some reviews but there are no reviews yet about the My Love 2019.

I've read some reviews and measurements about the King Pro and specs say The My Love 2019 uses the King Pro driver. How similar would the My Love 2019 and King Pro sound ?

I have the T2 and I can say they sound very nice. If you like bass you will be very happy because it has a lot. The sound improves with a better cable and some foam tips (in my case). IMHO the mid-bass is more prominent than the sub-bass, a thing to keep in mind. Vocals sounds good, not great, which means that they have mids also and not just bass. Anyway you can EQ them more to your liking. I use them connected to a Iphone XR using a Lightning to 3.5mm adapter and I'm using Spotify.
I also have the Series 2 which in my opinion is more balanced, but with less detail and less bass. From what I've read they are the "smaller" variant of the My Love II which may be related in sound to My Love 2019.
PS: I'm not and audiophile by any means :)
Hope this helps

PSS: I forgot to mention that I get driver flex on both IEM's, especially in the right ear. Maybe I'm the only one and maybe my ears are "different" :). Anyway when I use foam tips I don't have problems with driver flex.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2019 at 5:55 AM Post #1,042 of 2,251
I just won TFZ B V2 IEMs on Aliexpress. Any reviews or impressions on them? Budget wireless hybrids? Dynamic? Sound Characteristics?

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2019 at 12:23 AM Post #1,043 of 2,251
I just won TFZ B V2 IEMs on Aliexpress. Any reviews or impressions on them? Budget wireless hybrids? Dynamic? Sound Characteristics?

congrats on your winning of the TFZ B V2 :). I have audition it briefly. i owned the TFZ X1 and really love it. However, TFZ B V2 is the cheaper version of TFZ X1 - which basically a different build material than than TFZ B V2 - which made of plastic.

Sound wise for TFZ B V2 equipped with Balance Armature - i guess its the cheaper ones, it doesn't aim buyer for sound quality but aim for people want music for their exercise/sport, Its has great bass; rumbles, thumping and good bass extension but it has slight bass bleed into the mids unfortunately kinda obvious for me. the treble is good borderline; there are presence of high frequency but don't expect details over all frequency spectrum

Overall, it is a good True wireless IEM pack with many feature such as waterproofing, Bluetooth 5.0, charging case which is the highlight of the product due its long hours of use and etc you can find out more in penon audio store. It is bang for the buck for such true wireless iem, as mainstream true wireless iem product costing more than 100 bucks though.....

Jun 3, 2019 at 7:29 AM Post #1,044 of 2,251
congrats on your winning of the TFZ B V2 :). I have audition it briefly. i owned the TFZ X1 and really love it. However, TFZ B V2 is the cheaper version of TFZ X1 - which basically a different build material than than TFZ B V2 - which made of plastic.

Sound wise for TFZ B V2 equipped with Balance Armature - i guess its the cheaper ones, it doesn't aim buyer for sound quality but aim for people want music for their exercise/sport, Its has great bass; rumbles, thumping and good bass extension but it has slight bass bleed into the mids unfortunately kinda obvious for me. the treble is good borderline; there are presence of high frequency but don't expect details over all frequency spectrum

Overall, it is a good True wireless IEM pack with many feature such as waterproofing, Bluetooth 5.0, charging case which is the highlight of the product due its long hours of use and etc you can find out more in penon audio store. It is bang for the buck for such true wireless iem, as mainstream true wireless iem product costing more than 100 bucks though.....

Thanks, @Fawzay! You’ve given me more info than I’ve been able to find anywhere else!

Jun 4, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #1,045 of 2,251
Hi there,

Here are my short impression for the TFZ King II :boy:

The TFZ King II is an entertaining In-Ear Monitor with a musical presentation that is accurate enough for most modern genres. Not only is the sound suitable for long listening periods, the ergonomic and small design makes the TFZ King II a good choice in this price range.

Pros and Cons:

• + Fairly Detailed Presentation
  • + Musical and Fun Tuning
  • + Small and Ergonomic Design
  • - The Soundstage is not Very Wide
  • - Slightly Missing Presence in the Treble Range
Full Review:
https://moonstarreviews.net/tfz-king-ii-review/

:camera: and some pictures:

20181207_201819.jpg
20180909_165341.jpg

Jun 5, 2019 at 3:12 AM Post #1,046 of 2,251
Does anyone know if No 3 has any sound filter in the nozzle? They seem suited as a new IEM for the gym but can't have acoustic dampers as they get clogged by sweat. Currently debating between No 3 and Tanchjim Cora which I know doesn't have any filter. Has anyone compared the two?

Jun 5, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #1,047 of 2,251
Just found out a change to the TFZ B.V2 that I figured I'd let everyone know about - these are no longer Balanced Armature, TFZ changed the design to a 6mm dynamic driver. This was confirmed by TFZ Official Store and Penon Audio Store.
Not sure if anyone was planning on getting these on here, I know I was while these were BA, but this kind of changes the entire earphone.

Jun 5, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #1,048 of 2,251
Just found out a change to the TFZ B.V2 that I figured I'd let everyone know about - these are no longer Balanced Armature, TFZ changed the design to a 6mm dynamic driver. This was confirmed by TFZ Official Store and Penon Audio Store.
Not sure if anyone was planning on getting these on here, I know I was while these were BA, but this kind of changes the entire earphone.

So all units which are sold in are also dynamic ? Or is there a “first batch” which is BA ?

Jun 5, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #1,049 of 2,251
So all units which are sold in are also dynamic ? Or is there a “first batch” which is BA ?

Penon Audio said that the manufacturer "revised" the earphones - so I believe it's a question of when the change was made....

Jun 5, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #1,050 of 2,251
Penon Audio said that the manufacturer "revised" the earphones - so I believe it's a question of when the change was made....

I have a pair but as i am currently having an ear infection i can’t test them. The initial impressions i had was that the bass is dynamic-like so they probably revised the design before production. Too much of a hassle to return them as i bought it off Aliexpress. Thanks for sharing the information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back