The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Reviews and Impressions Thread
Dec 10, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #842 of 2,251
Any comparison to the kb100?
In brief, the T2 Galaxy has a stronger bass performance, KB100 has a lusher midrange and the treble presentation on both is presented smoothly.

Dec 18, 2018 at 12:30 AM Post #843 of 2,251
They were talking about orders made on Aliexpress and why, if you needed a refund, you should go through the Aliexpress refund process rather than accept a PayPal refund from the seller. It did have to do with Paypal fees and in some cases currency conversion fees.

With Penon it seems like your only other alternative would be to have them refund your card directly. I think when they refund you through paypay they put it through as though they were paying you for goods or services and thus you pay the fees.
That sounds terrible. The customer paying fees because they had an order cancelled. I had my $33 AS10 cancelled because apparently it 'sold out' before I bought it from Penon's website where it wasn't sold out. So now I'm losing more money due to paypal fees? I need to look into this.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2018 at 11:52 PM Post #844 of 2,251
Has anyone had their TFZ King Pro stock cable starting to turn green and black ?

I bought my King Pro about a month or so ago. I didn’t like the extremely thin stock cable that came with it, so I bought the TC-3 upgrade cable.

Today I wanted to see if their was any differences between both cables sound wise.

I take the stock cable out of the white TFZ storage case and, I see that it’s starting to turn green and black inside the cable.

This is not a Kinera Seed situation, where dye made them turn black on the outside of the cable.

On my king pro stock cable, it is clearly the metal inside thats turning green and black.

Has anyone elses king pro stock cable done this or am I just lucky ?

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2018 at 7:41 PM Post #845 of 2,251
Dec 30, 2018 at 10:16 PM Post #846 of 2,251
Any idea what did they change with King updated version? There is a sale rn:
https://penonaudio.com/tfz-king.html?search=tfz king

Actually i yearn to know the result but i went to my local audio store asking if they bringing the king updated version, what he say was its pretty much similar to king exclusive in SQ except -
to his opinion is that its a EQ-ed version of king exclusive. Having him said that, no product in hand to audition so i couldn't tell what the difference though :)

Dec 31, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #847 of 2,251
I search to have a comparison with KZ's products

For example comparing to AS10

Jan 1, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #849 of 2,251
Jan 2, 2019 at 10:16 PM Post #850 of 2,251
TFZ as usual will be releasing in fact 3 more iem(s) :
- Secret Garden 10
- Series 7
- No.3/ 3Ti (not sure what hell is this)

Secret Garden 10 : (Translated)
1. 8 moving iron + 2 electrostatic single-sided 10 units, super Low frequency sounding sonion38 series composite double unit, medium and low frequency sonion37 series composite double unit, medium high frequency Knowles swfk series composite double unit x2, UHF sonion electrostatic composite unit, standard 8-core single crystal copper and silver mixed 0.78MM can be exchanged Line, open high-definition music big picture, incomparably delicate analysis and sound field expressiveness, showing a highly restored presence under the excellent player front end.

2. Handmade resin customized custom made, fit ear canal, comfortable to wear

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Series 7 : (Translated)

1. One ring four iron type (娄氏Knowles 2*TWFK-30017-P183, Knowles 2*SWFK-31736-000 and double magnetic double Voice coil composite diaphragm moving coil)) Hybrid drive unit acoustic design, comprehensive sound field and resolution, excellent reference level music monitor earplugs

2. All-metal CNC precision production, standard 0.78MM silver plated wire, HD resolution lossless output

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No. 3/ 3 Ti :
(Translated)

1. Equipped with the third generation unit, double magnetic, double cavity, double voice coil, diamond diaphragm, Tesla magnetic group, more live feeling than the real scene,
violent analysis, gentle The sense of hearing and the general picture of fairy tales.

2. All-metal CNC precision production, standard 0.78MM silver plated wire, HD resolution lossless output

Source: TFZ Official Website.

Jan 2, 2019 at 10:33 PM Post #851 of 2,251
What? No new King variation this month?

Jan 5, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #853 of 2,251
Penon has the No. 3 for sale on their site, $109. They look cool (to me, at least), and I'll be curious to see some reviews come in.

Jan 5, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #855 of 2,251

Users who are viewing this thread

Back