The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Reviews and Impressions Thread
Jan 21, 2019 at 1:22 AM Post #871 of 2,251
I feel like it may be time to move on from TFZ. I can't keep up with what's happening with this company and all the models. Maybe they need a rep on this forum or something. Am I the only one who feels this way?

yea man, they release their product too fast and i had a business discussion with LendMeUrEars we too were baffled on how, they can released many editions/versions in short time~ i mean for those who hardly accessible to TFZ product, what i think is just move on. I have oredy embarked my journey to BGVP Sidy products :)

Jan 21, 2019 at 2:52 AM Post #873 of 2,251
I have had the chance to review the TFZ King LTD and I can recommend it to those who are looking for an IEM with a nicely done W-shaped sound signature, small form factor and good build quality. It is coming also with a 8 core cable that is a nice addition.

Here are my impressions;

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tfz-king-ltd.23543/reviews

... and some of my shots;

20180915_190352.jpg
20180909_165215.jpg
20180909_165341.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2019 at 6:49 AM Post #874 of 2,251
yea man, they release their product too fast and i had a business discussion with LendMeUrEars we too were baffled on how, they can released many editions/versions in short time~ i mean for those who hardly accessible to TFZ product, what i think is just move on. I have oredy embarked my journey to BGVP Sidy products :)

I agree that TFZ is releasing many new models for a while, but company’s such like Penon Audio sending the lastest TFZ products to reviewers, so that you have the chance to choose the one which is the most suitable for your taste.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2019 at 10:05 PM Post #875 of 2,251
20190124_185618.jpg
20190124_185634.jpg
20190124_185618.jpg
TFZ No.3!

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2019 at 10:17 PM Post #877 of 2,251
How is it compared to the secret gardens?

I still prefer Secret Garden 1, the bass for both of them is similar not overpowering for a basshead, but No.3 has better bass extension, overall both of them doesn't bleed between frequencies, treble wise i prefer secret garden because it retain its detail whereas the no.3 is abit wonky meaning the timbre of the instrument is off~
However, the mids i would say not really forward for both SG1 and No.3 but No.3 is more musical than SG1 due to emphasis on the low treble/high mids.
Btw i audition No.3 out of the box so im not sure it changes its SQ after burn- in

Jan 24, 2019 at 10:18 PM Post #878 of 2,251
20190125_110912.jpg
TFZ X1!

Jan 24, 2019 at 11:04 PM Post #879 of 2,251
I will be attending for CamJam Singapore 30-31 march 2019 hopefully LendMeUrEars get me a free pass and i will audition the TFZ Secret Garden 10, it is rumored that the price range for SG10 will be
$S1k+

Jan 25, 2019 at 4:45 AM Post #880 of 2,251

How are these from top to bottom. Searching for a true wireless set for my brother. He would like to use it in the gym.

Jan 25, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #881 of 2,251
How are these from top to bottom. Searching for a true wireless set for my brother. He would like to use it in the gym.

I will briefly describe my experience with TFZ X1:
Sound Quality: In Bluetooth dont expect a Campfire Audio quality, however, no doubt best sounding true wireless iem. Equipped with single balance armarture.
Im not sure for other true wireless iem like sennheiser bicoz nvr tried those. Details on the sounds which you are hear some details surprisingly some timbres tbh as i said earlier best sounding iem compared to other true wireless chifi iem.

The iem is light when you try to put it on its feel like nothing; no weight is felt. Its flushed with your ears. No protrusion and u dont look like Frankenstein lol! Essentially, the iem wont fall out when doing some jumping or running, its snuggle into ur ears, no discomfort, and i tried sleeping with those :) but nvr going to do that again....

Important question is does it stay connected? yes it will! it wont cut off if you doing any sports but it all depends on the transmiting device. With Bluetooth 5.0 is a great improvement from the predecessor.
Longer range, with less power consumption.
i havent test how long it will last but it come with a casing that does the charging.
Talking about casing with charging capability, expect it to be much heavier than the iem.
The iem is intuitive, both L and R iem have two buttons. one control the volume and other is general stuff like next/previous song, pick up call etc.

the cons:
- the button might be small for some ppl
- eartips are so soft (a cons for me dou)
(yes they do come with variety of tips which only meant for the iem only)

thats all i can say *briefly*which lengthy dou..... and i may add in the future :)

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2019 at 6:03 AM Post #882 of 2,251
I will briefly describe my experience with TFZ X1:
Sound Quality: In Bluetooth dont expect a Campfire Audio quality, however, no doubt best sounding true wireless iem. Equipped with single balance armarture.
Im not sure for other true wireless iem like sennheiser bicoz nvr tried those. Details on the sounds which you are hear some details surprisingly some timbres tbh as i said earlier best sounding iem compared to other true wireless chifi iem.

The iem is light when you try to put it on its feel like nothing; no weight is felt. Its flushed with your ears. No protrusion and u dont look like Frankenstein lol! Essentially, the iem wont fall out when doing some jumping or running, its snuggle into ur ears, no discomfort, and i tried sleeping with those :) but nvr going to do that again....

Important question is does it stay connected? yes it will! it wont cut off if you doing any sports but it all depends on the transmiting device. With Bluetooth 5.0 is a great improvement from the predecessor.
Longer range, with less power consumption.
i havent test how long it will last but it come with a casing that does the charging.
Talking about casing with charging capability, expect it to be much heavier than the iem.
The iem is intuitive, both L and R iem have two buttons. one control the volume and other is general stuff like next/previous song, pick up call etc.

the cons:
- the button might be small for some ppl
- eartips are so soft (a cons for me dou)
(yes they do come with variety of tips which only meant for the iem only)

thats all i can say *briefly* whichwhich lengthy dou..... and i may add in the future :)

Thanks for your effort, appreciate it.

So it’s a single BA, does it have alright bass? As you work out you tend to have nice bass for upbeat songs and all.

Jan 25, 2019 at 7:21 AM Post #883 of 2,251
Thanks for your effort, appreciate it.

So it’s a single BA, does it have alright bass? As you work out you tend to have nice bass for upbeat songs and all.

I would say it gives a decent amount of bass, there are presence of thump and few rumble here and there in the music as i was playing Oddisee - Brea, but dont expect a VModa M100 bass... overall it is consider imo a full bodied sounding
more info in this link:
https://penonaudio.com/tfz-x1.html

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2019 at 5:25 AM Post #884 of 2,251
My review on the TFZ King II.:stars:
Definitely an upgrade from the Exclusive King. Enjoy and happy listening! :dt880smile:

Attachments

• photo_2019-01-26_18-56-40.jpg
    photo_2019-01-26_18-56-40.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 29, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #885 of 2,251
I picked up the TFZ Secret Garden in a trade recently. Listened to them a lot the last couple of days and I really like them so far.

Excellent sub-bass extension on these. Nice soundstage and detail.

First pair of TFZ that I have tried. After reading up on different models, I would like to try the king pro.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back