The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Reviews and Impressions Thread
Sep 11, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #1,441 of 2,251
Like burning in?
some pelople say that some iems are someway better after times passes other state that that its a complete placebo effect, that is in fact the brain who adapts.. i think they change a little.... thats what i think i hear but i have no scientifict facts to proof that also i notice diference between cables... they say its imposible... DAC burnin is real... but iem burning its debtable, i say that you may get to apreciate certain iems in time they grow on you... becouse you start hating other iems...

Sep 11, 2019 at 10:15 PM Post #1,444 of 2,251
I feel pretty sheepish - I got a Series 2 when Amazon was selling the green ones for $10 (with Prime shipping to boot!). I listened to them for a while when they arrived, thought "unoffensive but fairly unremarkable", then put them in storage and kind of forgot about them when I got other new stuff. Well, I dug them out today and was reading some reviews of them while I was listening, and the descriptions I was reading didn't match up at all to what I was hearing -- just did a check and yep, the stock cable was out of phase.

But hey, they sound pretty good now, and it's basically like I got a new set of IEMs today :beerchug:

Sep 11, 2019 at 10:32 PM Post #1,445 of 2,251
Which iem <$60 from the TFZ world has deepest sub-bass and best overall quality? Any recommendation? Currently I'm using my CCA C10 but looking for some upgrade.
T2 Galaxy has deep and punishing sub bass. A very easy to recommend iem. It’s one of my favorites.

Sep 11, 2019 at 11:06 PM Post #1,447 of 2,251
if you spend 30 more you may get TFZ n3 on 11/11
While the No. 3 is technically better, the T2 Galaxy has deeper bass, is very dynamic and very enjoyable for aggressive music.

If you want an overall brighter sound signature the T2 fits the bill. No. 3 is more laid back and smooth with a more relaxed treble and easier to listen to for longer listening sessions.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2019 at 11:51 PM Post #1,448 of 2,251
some pelople say that some iems are someway better after times passes other state that that its a complete placebo effect, that is in fact the brain who adapts.. i think they change a little.... thats what i think i hear but i have no scientifict facts to proof that also i notice diference between cables... they say its imposible... DAC burnin is real... but iem burning its debtable, i say that you may get to apreciate certain iems in time they grow on you... becouse you start hating other iems...

I was referring to the other half of your analogy:)

Sep 12, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #1,449 of 2,251
While the No. 3 is technically better then the T2 Galaxy has deeper bass and is very enjoyable for aggressive music.

But if you want an overall brighter sound signature the T2 fits the bill. No. 3 is more laid back and smooth with a more relaxed treble and easier to listen to for longer listening sessions.
You say the t2 has more bass than N3?

Sep 12, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #1,450 of 2,251
You say the t2 has more bass than N3?
ABSOF##$@#$LUTELY. Feed them enough power with no junk sources and they show their beast that lurks inside.
Nothing fancy here......Schiit Magni 3 on Low gain. I don't use them on the go. Only in the house.
Pure Savage bass that will evicerate you with the right tracks. The midbass hits hard with kick drums and isn’t t overly peaky.

TFZ knows how to do bass. No.3 has other strengths but it's surpassed in the bass department by the T2.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2019 at 4:36 PM Post #1,451 of 2,251
ABSOF##$@#$LUTELY. Feed them enough power with no junk sources and they show their beast that lurks inside.
Nothing fancy here......Schiit Magni 3 on Low gain. I don't use them on the go. Only in the house.
Pure Savage bass that will evicerate you with the right tracks. The midbass hits hard with kick drums isn't overly peaky.

TFZ knows how to do bass. No.3 has other strengths but it's surpassed in the bass department by the T2.

What about sub-bass <40Hz ?

Sep 12, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #1,452 of 2,251
What about sub-bass <40Hz ?
I haven’t done a frequency sweep but on certain tracks I heard low bass I never knew was there previously. And I wasn’t just hearing it.....I felt it. Like I said eviscerating. It could be a combo of the amount of power I’m using and certain tips that will boost the low bass. However the capabilities are there if you want to explore them. I mostly use the stock tips but Sony Hybrids can bring the bass forward with certain iems.

Sep 12, 2019 at 6:47 PM Post #1,453 of 2,251
I haven’t done a frequency sweep but on certain tracks I heard low bass I never knew was there previously. And I wasn’t just hearing it.....I felt it. Like I said eviscerating. It could be a combo of the amount of power I’m using and certain tips that will boost the low bass. However the capabilities are there if you want to explore them. I mostly use the stock tips but Sony Hybrids can bring the bass forward with certain iems.
BREAKING, BREAKING: AREA MAN EVISCERATED BY EARPHONE FROM GUANGDONG. VISCERA ALL OVER FLOOR. DETECTIVES "MYSTIFIED". BEEAKING, BREAKING...

Sep 13, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #1,454 of 2,251
TFZ QUEEN LTD Dynamic Driver 2-pin 0.78mm HiFi Audiophile In-ear Earphones

Description

3rd Gen upgrade driver

• Double cavity, double voice coil, diamond diaphragm, Tesla magnetic group
Professional review curve, three frequency evenly and structured

• The new 3rd generation graphene unit not only provides excellent HD resolution, but also excels in the low and middle frequency bands. The density energy is full and solid, and the timbre is loose and mellow, making each song ambilight and beautiful.
Accurate ergonomic design

• Soft silicone material, ergonomic design
  • Wear soft and comfortable, enjoy music more freely
Specification

Unit: 11.4mm double magnetism, double cavity, double voice coil, diamond diaphragm, Tesla magnetic group (3rd gen upgrade driver)

Magnet material: NdFeB N50

Diaphragm material: diamond diaphragm

Frequency response range: 5Hz-40kHz

Impedance: 24ohm

Sensitivity: 107dB/mW

Cable: 2pin 0.78mm detachable cable
TFZQUEEN LTD BLUE-80x80.jpg
TFZ QUEEN LTD (4)-80x80.jpg
TFZ QUEEN LTD (2)-80x80.jpg
TFZQUEENLTD BLUEf-80x80.jpg
TFZ QUEEN LTD (3)-80x80.jpg

Sep 15, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #1,455 of 2,251
Reading all your comments i still think the King Pro has one of the best soundstage "for an iem in that price"... Jokes apart i think it's still very relevant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back