The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Reviews and Impressions Thread
Nov 9, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #1,651 of 2,251
I will get back to you when I listen to it for a longer period of time. :)

Still one of my favourite TFZ IEMs - No.3 Ti (Review)

Hi, how does the TFZ King Edition compare to the regular TFZ No. 3?
And do the tuning switches really change the sound or it's just a gimick?

Thanks in advance for your advise!!

Nov 9, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #1,652 of 2,251
Hi, how does the TFZ King Edition compare to the regular TFZ No. 3?
And do the tuning switches really change the sound or it's just a gimick?

Thanks in advance for your advise!!
The King Edition has better midrange clarity and crispier & more defined treble. It changes the sound, not a gimmick. Cheers!

Nov 9, 2019 at 7:01 PM Post #1,653 of 2,251
The King Edition has better midrange clarity and crispier & more defined treble. It changes the sound, not a gimmick. Cheers!

In terms of bass between the No. 3 and King Edition, which has more quantity (sorry I'm a basshead LOL).

Nov 9, 2019 at 10:35 PM Post #1,654 of 2,251
The TFZ King Edition is listing for $129 on AE on the TFZ Pro Store, it's not discounted for 11/11 but there are coupons u can probably stack with it to get it cheaper. And they claim on their front page that they'll give a free TFZ My Love Edition (random colour) with purchase of the TFZ King Edition.
The tuning switch is quite interesting for the King Edition, not sure if it's a gimick or not.

I'm quite wary of the upper mids CHIFI spike, not sure if the tuning switch will tame it.

Edit:
TFZ has come up with their own DAC-AMP dongle: https://penonaudio.com/tfz-tc-5-type-c-to-3.5mm.html

No mention of what DAC chip is inside though.
I got a little hung up on the wording of the giveaway. As the offer states one pair of My Love will be given away; which could be interpreted to be either one pair per purchase or one pair, to one one lucky purchaser So I reached out to the store, here's the reply:

If the King Edition 2019 is purchased on 11/11, you'll get the referenced pair of My Love Edt., random color

TFZ 11.11:
1.Bundle sale of goods, BV.2 bundling price is 29.9
2.Buy KING EDITION and give MYLOVE commemorative edition directly.

Nov 9, 2019 at 10:51 PM Post #1,655 of 2,251
I got a little hung up on the wording of the giveaway. As the offer states one pair of My Love will be given away; which could be interpreted to be either one pair per purchase or one pair, to one one lucky purchaser So I reached out to the store, here's the reply:

If the King Edition 2019 is purchased on 11/11, you'll get the referenced pair of My Love Edt., random color

TFZ 11.11:
1.Bundle sale of goods, BV.2 bundling price is 29.9
2.Buy KING EDITION and give MYLOVE commemorative edition directly.

That's not a bad deal, the TFZ My Love is about 50 bucks just by itself.
There are other stores selling the King Edition for cheaper (with coupons) but the added IEM is overall better value.

Argggg i already bought the BLON Cardinal using 11/11 funds. My wife is gonna kill me if i get this too :frowning2:

Nov 10, 2019 at 12:29 AM Post #1,656 of 2,251
That's not a bad deal, the TFZ My Love is about 50 bucks just by itself.
There are other stores selling the King Edition for cheaper (with coupons) but the added IEM is overall better value.

Argggg i already bought the BLON Cardinal using 11/11 funds. My wife is gonna kill me if i get this too :frowning2:

How will we ever know if the BLON Bluejay sounds different unless you buy them both.

Nov 10, 2019 at 4:58 AM Post #1,657 of 2,251
In terms of bass between the No. 3 and King Edition, which has more quantity (sorry I'm a basshead LOL).
The King Edition has more sub-bass and there is a punchier presentation. It also helps that the King Edition has better fit than the No.3. Cheers! :)

Nov 10, 2019 at 5:44 AM Post #1,658 of 2,251
The King Edition has more sub-bass and there is a punchier presentation. It also helps that the King Edition has better fit than the No.3. Cheers! :)

Argggg when a basshead hears mooooooooore subbass, there's only one decision -----> buy on 11/11. Should have unsubscribed from this thread :frowning2:

Now comes the difficult part: gotta think up an excuse to convince my wife that the King Edition needs to be purchased LOL.

Nov 10, 2019 at 6:28 AM Post #1,659 of 2,251
I think I'm going to skip it since the bass of my paiaudio DR2 had been very satisfying :p

Nov 10, 2019 at 7:32 AM Post #1,660 of 2,251
Argggg when a basshead hears mooooooooore subbass, there's only one decision -----> buy on 11/11. Should have unsubscribed from this thread :frowning2:

Now comes the difficult part: gotta think up an excuse to convince my wife that the King Edition needs to be purchased LOL.
Haha well this hobby is never ending. I started since 2007. :p

I think I'm going to skip it since the bass of my paiaudio DR2 had been very satisfying :p
:p

Nov 10, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #1,661 of 2,251
The TFZ King Edition is listing for $129 on AE on the TFZ Pro Store, it's not discounted for 11/11 but there are coupons u can probably stack with it to get it cheaper. And they claim on their front page that they'll give a free TFZ My Love Edition (random colour) with purchase of the TFZ King Edition.

No mention of what DAC chip is inside though.

Is the King Edition the same as the King 2019? I'm having a little difficulty finding the King 2019 on AliExpress. We're talking about the replacement for the TFZ no. 3 here?

Nov 10, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #1,662 of 2,251
HBB put King 2019 in a video title but other than that there is no King 2019. It is King Edition.

Nov 10, 2019 at 6:46 PM Post #1,663 of 2,251
Is the King Edition the same as the King 2019? I'm having a little difficulty finding the King 2019 on AliExpress. We're talking about the replacement for the TFZ no. 3 here?
No....the King Edition is the all metal body with silver face plate and the switch smack dab in the middle of said faceplate priced @ $129. Any search for “TFZ KING” will bring it up. However not every store selling it will show up in the search results. You have to browse each store you frequent and see if they carry it. The Fragrant Zither Pro Store is the one offering the free My Love 2019 with every purchase.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2019 at 9:49 PM Post #1,664 of 2,251
How does the King Edition compare to the King Pro?

Nov 10, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #1,665 of 2,251
I'm feeling to buy the TFZ TX x Bear x Monica :fearful: hopping to get a very good deal out of coupon stacking

Users who are viewing this thread

Back