The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Reviews and Impressions Thread
Nov 5, 2019 at 12:16 AM Post #1,636 of 2,251
Wow do u have the link for the TFZ eartips, I quite like them for some of my DD IEMs.

there is a chinese cheapo eartips that using same material only different in colors, i can confirm since i have both. Stiffness, size, everything is the same and you can get them cheaper. The only problem is you can't find them by keywords, just type eartips and browse one by one from there, just copy the link here if you have found one, hopefully i can help to confirm. They are great for Spring 1 too..

Left is chinese wide bore eartips, right is tfz one

Be careful since there are similar but using softer silicone which is lead to different sounds

Are any of these the ones?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33013780676.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33057237543.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32841305766.html

Nov 5, 2019 at 12:29 AM Post #1,637 of 2,251
I agree with some of you about the T2 Galaxy sounding fairly balanced. Before I got it I had the impression that it would have recessed mids and be kind of overly aggressive and harsh at times. But it's actually quite smooth and nicely balanced, despite its detail and strong bass performance.

I'm still listening and digesting my findings but I think I might prefer the TFZ T2 Galaxy over the BLON BL-03. It feels smoother, more detailed, more extended up top, and a bit more airy and spacious. They are both fantastic sounding IEMs though.

Nov 5, 2019 at 12:32 AM Post #1,638 of 2,251
I agree with some of you about the T2 Galaxy sounding fairly balanced. Before I got it I had the impression that it would have recessed mids and be kind of overly aggressive and harsh at times. But it's actually quite smooth and nicely balanced, despite its detail and strong bass performance.

I'm still listening and digesting my findings but I think I might prefer the TFZ T2 Galaxy over the BLON BL-03. It feels smoother, more detailed, more extended up top, and a bit more airy and spacious. They are both fantastic sounding IEMs though.
Yeah, I agree with you.

Nov 5, 2019 at 12:49 AM Post #1,639 of 2,251
Nov 5, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #1,640 of 2,251
How does the No. 3 compare to the King Pro?

I have the King Pro, and enjoy its soundstage/positioning/imaging/detail, and decent tuning. But I find it a just a tad bright, and some parts of the sound signature are "flat." [The midrange is "lean."]

The No. 3 is said to be "warm," big soundstage, excellent separation and layering (very important), high clarity, good sub-bass (very important). I had been considering the No. 3 as a mobile IEM, because of its isolation, but now for home listening I realize it sounds as if it hits all the right beats. Is the tuning synthetic, neutral, or "musical?"

(I guess a "perfect" King Pro would have a more forward midrange, and a "musical" tuning maybe closer to the CNT-1, better layering, but otherwise it's pretty impressive.)

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #1,641 of 2,251
3E7B4EF0-5A1E-495D-B062-F53BD9810EEF.png
Wow do u have the link for the TFZ eartips, I quite like them for some of my DD IEMs.

Angala Magic Shop. Sorry I haven’t been around much for sake of my wallet and sanity.

Here:

https://ru.aliexpress.com/item/3241...chweb0_0,searchweb201602_4,searchweb201603_52

If that link doesn’t work here’s a screeenshot. Anbala Magic Shop

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2019 at 5:29 PM Post #1,642 of 2,251

I have the King Pro, and enjoy its soundstage/positioning/imaging/detail, and decent tuning. But I find it a just a tad bright, and some parts of the sound signature are "flat." [The midrange is "lean."]

The No. 3 is said to be "warm," big soundstage, excellent separation and layering (very important), high clarity, good sub-bass (very important). I had been considering the No. 3 as a mobile IEM, because of its isolation, but now for home listening I realize it sounds as if it hits all the right beats. Is the tuning synthetic, neutral, or "musical?"

(I guess a "perfect" King Pro would have a more forward midrange, and a "musical" tuning maybe closer to the CNT-1, better layering, but otherwise it's pretty impressive.)
If you’re thinking of trying the No. 3 you might as well try the King Edition 2019. It uses the latest version of the Generation 3 driver. All metal build bs the No. 3 plastic and it’s $130. With coupons it looks like it should be around $90 during the 11/11 sale.

I didn’t get a $10 coupon but I have several $2 coupons and TFZ official store has a $30 coupon on orders of $30.01 or more.

We’ll see if that one works.

Nov 5, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #1,643 of 2,251
They looked quite the same, but I the one that i bought have different colors on the nozzle neck, you can try though, its cheap anyway. Btw maybe I settle by with Sedna Short light for My spring 1 as they give me better fit
That’s a different shop but yeah those look like the tips.

I ordered 20 pairs of the White and 10 pairs of the Black and it totaled less than $5. I plan on buying more since they’re the best tips for me when the fit is right.

Nov 5, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #1,644 of 2,251
If you’re thinking of trying the No. 3 you might as well try the King Edition 2019. It uses the latest version of the Generation 3 driver. All metal build bs the No. 3 plastic and it’s $130. With coupons it looks like it should be around $90 during the 11/11 sale.

I didn’t get a $10 coupon but I have several $2 coupons and TFZ official store has a $30 coupon on orders of $30.01 or more.

We’ll see if that one works.

Is this the 2019 King https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000298417534.html

It is not listed for 11/11 sale for me

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2019 at 7:27 PM Post #1,647 of 2,251
How is the isolation on the 2019 King? The No. 3 is known for having good isolation.
I think it should be similar to the S2 Pro, can sit nicely on your ear

Nov 5, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #1,648 of 2,251

No. 3's soundstage is average at best. I won't describe it as warm actually, it is just very slightly bright (has elevated upper mids/lower treble). Subbass is very good in extension and quantity, great for bassheads.
The upper mids are more forward than lower mids, so female vocals are more prominent, and may border on harsh in certain recordings IMO. Clarity and instrument separation/imaging/details is the best of the 5 single DD IEMs I have. It's the most "non musical" of the 5 DDs in view of its better technicalities, but if u compare it A/B to some multi BA/hybrids, it still retains its musical tinge in view of its single DD roots. Isolation is the best of my single DDs, it will make an acceptable transit IEM, but in general, the multi BAs with smaller shells and no vents would have better isolation.

Nov 8, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #1,649 of 2,251
Yeah, they aren't on sale for 11/11.

The TFZ King Edition is listing for $129 on AE on the TFZ Pro Store, it's not discounted for 11/11 but there are coupons u can probably stack with it to get it cheaper. And they claim on their front page that they'll give a free TFZ My Love Edition (random colour) with purchase of the TFZ King Edition.
The tuning switch is quite interesting for the King Edition, not sure if it's a gimick or not.

I'm quite wary of the upper mids CHIFI spike, not sure if the tuning switch will tame it.

Hcb2f0b284f0843fdb2cd4f88f3c536d87.jpg

Edit:
TFZ has come up with their own DAC-AMP dongle: https://penonaudio.com/tfz-tc-5-type-c-to-3.5mm.html

No mention of what DAC chip is inside though.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2019 at 8:32 PM Post #1,650 of 2,251
The TFZ King Edition is listing for $129 on AE on the TFZ Pro Store, it's not discounted for 11/11 but there are coupons u can probably stack with it to get it cheaper. And they claim on their front page that they'll give a free TFZ My Love Edition (random colour) with purchase of the TFZ King Edition.
The tuning switch is quite interesting for the King Edition, not sure if it's a gimick or not.

I'm quite wary of the upper mids CHIFI spike, not sure if the tuning switch will tame it.

Edit:
TFZ has come up with their own DAC-AMP dongle: https://penonaudio.com/tfz-tc-5-type-c-to-3.5mm.html

No mention of what DAC chip is inside though.

That look's like a legit offer tho. Buy a King Edition get free a My Love Edition.

It was an intriguing offer, but I already had a lot of single DD IEM with me right now :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. So I'm not sure I'll get them on 11/11 or not. Monica is also an interesting option since it's a hybrid unit.

For the dongle, I'm not that interested since I have the Shanling UP2, which has been a great device. But I had seen them when I scroll through AE few days ago and wish it can compete with the sonata HD dongle

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back