The foobar2000 help thread. Got problems or questions? Ask here!
Oct 16, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #137 of 787
  OK,
another autoplaylist question,
basically I want to find all albums with MFSL or SHM, which are written in the filename,
so I try with: %filename% HAS MFSL OR SHM, but I got syntax error, when I try with only one label the playlist is created ok,
any help?
thanks 

BUMP

Oct 17, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #138 of 787

OK,
another autoplaylist question,
basically I want to find all albums with MFSL or SHM, which are written in the filename,
so I try with: %filename% HAS MFSL OR SHM, but I got syntax error, when I try with only one label the playlist is created ok,
any help?
thanks 

BUMP

try:

%filename% HAS MFSL OR %filename% HAS SHM

Oct 18, 2015 at 4:14 AM Post #139 of 787
Just got Foobar2k: my lossy collection is controlled through Media Monkey, and got F2k for my building-up FLAC files.

However I don't seem to be able to find a good layout for it. It all seems optimized for playlists. I never use playlists and never will. 0 interest in them. Rather, I have my entire music collection on shuffle at all times.
If I want a specific album or artist I just stop the shuffling. That simple.

So I named all my files in Artist - Album - Track# - Title (felt very dirty putting the track number in the filename, but without tags... ah well). Unfortunately I not only had to put my whole files list into a single playlist. Since I'm building my library this isn't very convenient...

I'm a total noob with F2k and it's true I've not had THAT much time to look around the layout. However it took me minutes to figure it out with MediaMonkey, and I'm still stuck on F2k... any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

Oct 18, 2015 at 4:52 AM Post #140 of 787
  Just got Foobar2k: my lossy collection is controlled through Media Monkey, and got F2k for my building-up FLAC files.

However I don't seem to be able to find a good layout for it. It all seems optimized for playlists. I never use playlists and never will. 0 interest in them. Rather, I have my entire music collection on shuffle at all times.
If I want a specific album or artist I just stop the shuffling. That simple.

So I named all my files in Artist - Album - Track# - Title (felt very dirty putting the track number in the filename, but without tags... ah well). Unfortunately I not only had to put my whole files list into a single playlist. Since I'm building my library this isn't very convenient...

I'm a total noob with F2k and it's true I've not had THAT much time to look around the layout. However it took me minutes to figure it out with MediaMonkey, and I'm still stuck on F2k... any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

It's been ages since I've seen a vanilla F2k setup, but let's try.

First of all, make sure your Preferences->Media Library contains the path to your music library. Once that's done, the Album List window will provide a tree view of your entire music collection. You can use it to navigate your collection and select tracks for listening.
Among your playlists you should have one called "Library Sel" - it is kept in sync with Album List, so whatever you select in the Album List will be shown track by track in Library Sel. To shuffle you can right click on the playlist and select Sort->Randomize.

Nov 3, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #141 of 787
I have EAC to rip my CD's to flac and pull album art for each one. I set up Foobar with an album display used from custom files provided by Jaguar Audio. But for some reason the album art does not display. All I get is a big black square. What am I doing wrong? Not sure if it's a Foobar problem or an EAC issue.

Nov 14, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #142 of 787
Houston, We have a problem here. Namely, I have finally managed to set up on my Foobar the HDCD playback and in the bottom status bar it properly indicates when I play back my HDCD albums, but, for some reaon, in the main information field it shows different data. This is the case when a picture tells more than a thousand words, so here is a snapshot:

(I have marked the differing data)

If anyone has a clue, please share it!

Piece,

Peter

Nov 14, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #143 of 787
To further complicate the situation, I just made my Foobar to display the same HDCD info in the main field and it only shows a question mark. And keep says that it's 16 bits.

Nov 16, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #147 of 787
I think I have a similar problem with artwork in Foobar 2000.   I ripped about 300 CD's using EAC - FLAC and added album artwork.  The artwork is usually a jpg and named Artist - Album Title.jpg and is in each folder. 

When I play them in Foobar, it doesn't recognize the album artwork but would have to manually add them which would take quite a long time.  I still have a few hundred more CD's to rip so I just want to make sure I can save myself some grief with managing album artwork.

So the questions are:  When I rip to FLAC in EAC, is there a way to embed the artwork into the file versus a jpg file in a folder?  Or is there an easy way to get Foobar to look at the album folder for artwork?

Thanks,

Absolutely ! In my past experiences, I had the same problem when I was trying to edit the attributes of old mp3's (encoded somewhere in the early 00s); the issue is related with the possibly obsolete or unsupported id tags. As of now, using F2K v1.3.9, under tagging you'll find the MP3 tag types tab, and tdit the active tags. And yes, you can embed the artwork in the mp3, additionally F2K allows you to manually manage the attached artwork (attach, extract, replace), under the tagging tab.
Hope this helps.

Nov 17, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #149 of 787
I think it is safe to assume the following links:
F2K encoder pack ( does not contain the lame encoder, but is useful) - https://www.foobar2000.org/encoderpack

Lame - sourceforge.net/projects/lame/files/lame/3.99/

I downloaded the LAME file from Sourceforge, but I'm not sure how to get Foobar to use it as the encoder for converting FLAC to 320kb MP3. It asks me for the lame encoder and I point it to the folder, but there is nothing there that Foobar can use. 

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to compile the code somehow? Maybe I should just use dbpoweramp and call it a day?

I followed this tutorial, but I cannot find the "lame.exe" file anywhere in what I downloaded:  http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-convert-flac-audio-files-to-mp3-with-foobar2000/

Thanks for your help so far!

Nov 17, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #150 of 787

I downloaded the LAME file from Sourceforge, but I'm not sure how to get Foobar to use it as the encoder for converting FLAC to 320kb MP3. It asks me for the lame encoder and I point it to the folder, but there is nothing there that Foobar can use. 

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to compile the code somehow? Maybe I should just use dbpoweramp and call it a day?

I followed this tutorial, but I cannot find the "lame.exe" file anywhere in what I downloaded:  http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-convert-flac-audio-files-to-mp3-with-foobar2000/

Thanks for your help so far!

Sourceforge distributes Lame only in the source code version.
For binaries you can try this link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back